Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

That’s where I checked out. Never finished despite stoning a bunch of hours into morriwind lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Perfect preparation for the Imperial City sewers. Frankly it shouldn't be the Thalmor that are the big threat in Skyrim, but the rising Goblin Empire of Cyrodiil

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Duderclese posted:

It's been about twenty years, but as I recall the main quest of tribunal is actually impactful and has stakes. But you also never stop fighting goblins, lol.
C/D?

Look I'm not racists, I have many goblin friends, but goblins are just not fundamentally not good people and deserve to be slaughtered on mass. But like, only for their on good. It's for the best for them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Tribunal Goblins are insanely powerful which is a fun Subversion of Goblins as trash mobs.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

FreudianSlippers posted:

Tribunal Goblins are insanely powerful which is a fun Subversion of Goblins as trash mobs.

It really puts Dagoth Ur's plans in perspective knowing that if he actually marched his army of hosed up Sleepers onto the mainland every single one of them would get totally bodied by lovely sewer goblins. Vvardenfell was Newb Island the whole time and he had no idea.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I'm still mad that you end up making it to the Clockwork City only for it to be a tedious linear dungeon with basically nothing in it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

breaking into a nord tomb and doing some fun necromancy experiments is like the most dunmer thing imaginable. it's easy to forget but the dunmer include nords in the category of "neighbors we really hate due to 3000 years of history" and the only reason there weren't a bunch of nord slaves in morrowind along with the argonians and khajiit is that the empire would be more upset about slave raids into skyrim than into black marsh

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 9, 2024

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

It's weird, what with the Skyrim-Morrowind-Blackmarsh alliance in Elder Scrolls Online. Some sort of 'no one gets to slaughter our greatest enemies but us' deal where they put aside their differences to beat someone else up and then immediately go back to killing each other.

I assume it came together, for the writers, because they couldn't fit in with anyone elses' groups with some sort of imbalance going on.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

There's some strange stuff going on with goblins on Oblivion. Warring goblin tribes fighting over totem staves, UESP claims that goblins will keep chasing you even through oblivion gates if you steal the staff but it hasn't happened to me. There's Goblin Jim the breton who leads his own goblin tribe, there's no lore or notes about this at all...just Goblin Jim in his cave with his goblins.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flinger posted:

There's some strange stuff going on with goblins on Oblivion. Warring goblin tribes fighting over totem staves, UESP claims that goblins will keep chasing you even through oblivion gates if you steal the staff but it hasn't happened to me. There's Goblin Jim the breton who leads his own goblin tribe, there's no lore or notes about this at all...just Goblin Jim in his cave with his goblins.

there's supposed to be an entire radiant mechanic/campaign thing about goblin tribes fighting each other that you normally never notice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-QPuhtgrAo

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Future TES games should have a separate Necromancy skill-tree where you unlock doing fun stuff with corpses.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Future TES games should have a separate Necromancy skill-tree where you unlock doing fun stuff with corpses.
I look at Arkay and I spit in his face.

Poil fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 10, 2024

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

John F Bennett posted:

You'll need to go to Loverslab for that, I'm afraid.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

:murder:
The times when the Skyrim quest marker totally bugs out is always fun. I was doing the quest for Arniel Gane to get Keening. The quest marker said I should go into Mzult, the Dwemer dungeon from the College main story to find it. This was completely wrong of course. Wonder what causes this to happen.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Flowing Thot posted:

The times when the Skyrim quest marker totally bugs out is always fun. I was doing the quest for Arniel Gane to get Keening. The quest marker said I should go into Mzult, the Dwemer dungeon from the College main story to find it. This was completely wrong of course. Wonder what causes this to happen.

Were you on the step to find the courier? Mzulft is a valid location for the previous step, to use a Dwemer convector.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Arivia posted:

Were you on the step to find the courier? Mzulft is a valid location for the previous step, to use a Dwemer convector.

Yeah I was.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Quest markers have a habit of getting stuck in certain places, especially if you use teleportation mods from within an interior. Did you use a spell or item to get back to Arniel quickly after getting the convector from Mzulft?

e: Essentially, the game knows that to get from where you are at this specific point in time, to where you're supposed to be, you need to go through a particular door. Normally the game handles this fine, even if an interior has multiple entrances or exits, but if you instead teleport away, the game sometimes get stuck on that door. After all, you haven't gone through it yet.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Mar 14, 2024

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

Nah I didn’t teleport.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
Loading screens with hints on them is such a mark of 2000s games. Now I just think of sharez0ne posts

"what the gently caress IS kombucha???!!?"

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

But games these days still show tips during loading.

Flowing Thot
Apr 1, 2023

John F Bennett posted:

But games these days still show tips during loading.

I've been playing FF7 Remake and it has like 10 tips you can scroll through during loading, but loading off a NVME drive I can't even finish reading one by the time it's over. I guess it was originally a PS4 game.

All You Can Eat
Aug 27, 2004

Abundance is the dullest desire.
They stopped reminding me that winners don't do skooma

Ofecks
May 4, 2009

A portly feline wizard waddles forth, muttering something about conjured food.

Flowing Thot posted:

I've been playing FF7 Remake and it has like 10 tips you can scroll through during loading, but loading off a NVME drive I can't even finish reading one by the time it's over. I guess it was originally a PS4 game.

Lol, same with DQ 11. There's no scrolling, though. It's just "here it is", "there it goes".

WoW has them too, but even with NVME they are still readable. Game is nigh-unplayable without a SSD, I think one is part of the minimum specs.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Running decreases fatigue? It's usually the opposite.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Halloween Jack posted:

Running decreases fatigue? It's usually the opposite.

Depends on your time frame! I once started taking my room mates sedentary dog on my morning jogs and after a couple of weeks he got his wind and started running my rear end all over neighborhood, you could just almost see the exercise strengthening him in real time.

Elder scrolls works the same way :pseudo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und
new Young Scrolls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbZINYATrTQ