Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I actually would like Frost to be in this, but in that webcomic thing, Cassie accidentally signed herself up for a Deathmatch against her and we already know Cassie is playable so....

It could always be interrupted by Jean Claude Van Damme driving a tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would like Johnny Cage to be playable, please Ed Boon.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

may contain peanuts posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that. He just kept doing non-true blockstrings into missiles and Chris had no idea how to deal.

To his credit, he did eventually learn to dash forward, but it was already too late.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Beef Waifu posted:

I would like Johnny Cage to be playable, please Ed Boon.

Asking Ed Boon for something is like wishing on a monkey's paw. Johnny Cage will now be playable...in the freemium accompanying iphone collectible card game.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Saint Freak posted:

Asking Ed Boon for something is like wishing on a monkey's paw. Johnny Cage will now be playable...in the freemium accompanying iphone collectible card game.

As a zombie skeleton

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

may contain peanuts posted:

Oh man, I forgot about that. He just kept doing non-true blockstrings into missiles and Chris had no idea how to deal.

Anybody have any links to this? It sounds hilarious.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You know I can't help but feel something is missing from this thread. It's on the tip of my tongue though hmmmmmmmm

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

You know I can't help but feel something is missing from this thread. It's on the tip of my tongue though hmmmmmmmm

Is it a discussion of "Toasty/HOOHEE"? Or maybe Broken Loose shitposting everywhere?

Content:
So stoked about this game, I've had it preordered since before Goro was a preorder bonus. Hopefully the PDP controller is solid, I have one of their SF4 Fightpads for PS3 and it's not bad, but I'd still rather have a stick. At least MK doesn't rely on DP motions, the Fightpad fucks those up horribly for me. (Comedy option: I am a babby who is bad at execution)

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Neo Helbeast posted:

Anybody have any links to this? It sounds hilarious.

It was winner's Semifinals when DJT did this to him. They met again in Loser's finals and DJT didn't use it again until the end, and by then someone had told Chris G what to do.

Winners Semi: http://youtu.be/RrmKgZqT7KM

Loser's Final: http://youtu.be/fGJo6x5TzTY

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

Is it a discussion of "Toasty/HOOHEE"? Or maybe Broken Loose shitposting everywhere?

*Huh Hee Hee

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Jmcrofts posted:

*Huh Hee Hee

Like for fucks sakes he was wearing a piece of toast on his shirt how do you not make that connection Jesus

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I know it's really unlikely, but I hope they reenact the Jax ending from MK4 somehow. It's legitimately the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvfP5BQxaw

Or hell, any of them.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Like for fucks sakes he was wearing a piece of toast on his shirt how do you not make that connection Jesus

And it even says "TOASTY!" on the screen when you do that version of Scorpion's fatality.

Still not as bad as Ryu being pronounced Ryeoo by folks even though the game says it. General Uile and Gweelee are other classics. Like how did you even manage to get from your home to the arcade.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Because mortal kombat sucks and only spazoids like it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Neo Rasa posted:

And it even says "TOASTY!" on the screen when you do that version of Scorpion's fatality.

Still not as bad as Ryu being pronounced Ryeoo by folks even though the game says it. General Uile and Gweelee are other classics. Like how did you even manage to get from your home to the arcade.

I've never heard a single westerner pronounce Ryu correctly so I've given up on it at this point.

On another note I thought it was pretty funny that the announcer for the English version of SFIV says "Yuhn" and "Ei-don" while the same guy for the JP version says "Yoon" and "Ah-don."

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Friends Are Evil posted:

I know it's really unlikely, but I hope they reenact the Jax ending from MK4 somehow. It's legitimately the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsvfP5BQxaw

That reminds of the episode of the Defenders of the Realm cartoon where Jax loses the use of robot arms (turns out they are just metal sleeves) and goes into a depression since he feel useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1pfpK0JgA&t=921s

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

NetherRealm seems to be streaming a character reveal soon: http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Beef Waifu posted:

Admittedly, it's not as dumb as some of the dumbest superhero comics, but I think hotwiring a connection to twitter while falling through the Earth's atmosphere, everything involving Nightwing's death, and Sinestro conning the Green Lanterns were all pretty funny in the worst way.

The Twitter thing was so stupid it was amazing and I blame the Nightwing death stuff on the art, but I see nothing wrong with Sinestro loving over all the Green Lanterns. Especially because Hal is a stupid meathead.

Vakal posted:

That reminds of the episode of the Defenders of the Realm cartoon where Jax loses the use of robot arms (turns out they are just metal sleeves) and goes into a depression since he feel useless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN1pfpK0JgA&t=921s

Call him by his real name: Blubber Butt.

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!
NRS stream is going to be starting soon here and it's all but confirmed that the character reveal today is going to be Ermac.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The three mousgoonaires

edit: be sure to preorder

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Gavok posted:

The Twitter thing was so stupid it was amazing and I blame the Nightwing death stuff on the art, but I see nothing wrong with Sinestro loving over all the Green Lanterns. Especially because Hal is a stupid meathead.

And the Harley Quinn stuff is gold, especially when she's with Green Arrow or Black Canary. Easily better than the mainline stuff. Kinda makes you wish the whole thing was just those three dicking around.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Ermac has a face now :aaa:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Error Macro confirmed!

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

We are many! You are but one!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Really cool how Ermac has totally gotten away from the ninja recolor thing and become a crazy magic ghost man, floating around. I like it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Solomonic posted:

Ermac has a face now :aaa:

NOOOOOOO

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Ermac has Shao Kahn's soul. :stare:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Sub-Zero mentioned his soul has been freed. Does that mean he is Bi Han?

Also if Ermac has Shao Khan's soul then that rumor of him being the big bad of X has some merit...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Also if Ermac has Shao Khan's soul then that rumor of him being the big bad of X has some merit...

In the old timeline he also had the soul of Kitana's dad

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Nah. Kuai Liang's soul was in Quan Chi's possession at the end of MK9. Probably got resurrected and freed which explains why he isn't a cyborg anymore.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I love how they're playing coy with the fatalities this stream. The Twitch chat is losing their poo poo.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, that fatality!

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 29, 2015

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Why does Kung Lao always get the most brutal fatalities and poo poo

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
Scorpion's fatality have been revealed and it isn't pretty. I have a tough stomach, I am able to handle beheading videos and even then that was a bit hard to stomach through, but this....this is too much and I say it as a complement, the details really shows with anatomical correctness.

Face off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dna4tF8wM1c

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
Ermac can combo after telepunch. :dance:

Not impressed with the flight variation with what they showed., though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Bosushi! posted:

Ermac can combo after telepunch. :dance:

Not impressed with the flight variation with what they showed., though.

It's still a work in progress, but from what we saw I agree on that. Flight variation looked like complete poo poo compared to Mystic allowing meterless combo extension off of Force Lift and Master of Souls letting his projectile stun when he has three green balls oribiting him.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Well between the flight variation and the way Quan chi uses air fireballs, I think it is a safe bet Sindel is not making it in the game.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's still a work in progress, but from what we saw I agree on that. Flight variation looked like complete poo poo compared to Mystic allowing meterless combo extension off of Force Lift and Master of Souls letting his projectile stun when he has three green balls oribiting him.

Mystic looks like the clear winner until we see more from Master of Souls. Force Push was Ermac's strongest ability and now I can combo after it? Fuggetaboutit.

I'm also happy to see that levitation looks a lot quicker. Maybe it won't be garbage now.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Ermac and Kung Lao did look awesome in this but I hope they show someone new soon. I wanna know whats up with that Cowboy wearing a Ninja Mask that's always shown around Kotal Khan. Like, he is too ridiculous to NOT be in a Mortal Kombat game

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Evil Canadian posted:

Well between the flight variation and the way Quan chi uses air fireballs, I think it is a safe bet Sindel is not making it in the game.

Haha I didn't even think about that. One of my buddies co-hosts an MK podcast and he said if they bring back Sindel he'd want a variation that just let's her fly around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I hope it takes longer than a week for the online community to figure out which character has the ultimate bullshit unbreakable combo that ruins the online for everyone.

• Locked thread