Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
we keep talking about payday 2 in other threads so lets just make on towards it.

I'll start the discussion

hotlinemiami is my favorite heist.thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
first of all, i like this game, but the shooting feels bland...? i can never sneak through a mission.

widestancer is good at this and it pisses me off

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

first of all, i like this game, but the shooting feels bland...? i can never sneak through a mission.

widestancer is good at this and it pisses me off

first of all, sneaking is pretty easy if you spec towards it but i personally find it boring as poo poo, and you should just not try to unless everyone agrees to

second of all I'm better than her i am the best heister

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish the combat felt better and the guns felt better

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Black Baby Goku posted:

i wish the combat felt better and the guns felt better

It depends on the gun, some feel really good, but some of the assault rifles feel like blow guns. Just experiment!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like to shoot cops but then people want to play silent but are very bad at it and then the cop-killing starts and server resets in 5.4.3.2.1

Also, still can't believe the game withholds rewards for multi-day heists so when the host inevitably quits during day 2 or 3 you get nothing. Bomb Heist 24/7

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
multiday heists should reward partial between days

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It's uhhh, one of those horde games I guess. Usually pretty boring in my experience.

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp

Wormskull posted:

It's uhhh, one of those horde games I guess. Usually pretty boring in my experience.

why do you hate fun?

Payday 2 is good. I like the Big Bank Heist simply because of the amount of variety it has.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Frank Horrigan posted:

why do you hate fun?

Payday 2 is good. I like the Big Bank Heist simply because of the amount of variety it has.

nah he has a point. i can see how it can get boring quick if you're not initially hooked with the game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frank Horrigan posted:

why do you hate fun?

Next time someone says this they need to be banned.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

i have fun with it but i usually play with imps only because i only get other south americans when i go PUG...

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

i have fun with it but i usually play with imps only because i only get other south americans when i go PUG...

i haven't joined a random game since the beta. only play with friends and fun times are bound

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it is fun with imps, ill give you that

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

It needs a epic punk character and then I might be more on board, but even then.

khrits
Dec 25, 2011

And when we leave, we need to put things back the way we found them. We're not slobs.

Black Baby Goku posted:

it is fun with imps, ill give you that

however, what isnt

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

It needs a epic punk character and then I might be more on board, but even then.

there is a croatian now

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm trying to remember what thing in this I thought was cool but I think the answer is, pretty much nothing except for tiny moments that could happen in any other game, and are awesome only in and of themselves.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I play it with random peeps and have a good time.

The guns sound really good and I like all the soundtrack options.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

there is a croatian now

Does she smoke crack and have half her hair shaved off and stomp nazis at shows.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
it needs gears of wars chars

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

stealth sucks rear end but im also bored with the game and dont even have it installed anymore. peace.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

bbg if widestancer ever starts teaching you this game remember your old fail aids pal dex, i dont get this fuckin game either

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

bbg if widestancer ever starts teaching you this game remember your old fail aids pal dex, i dont get this fuckin game either

ok dex forums superstar fahrenheit has your back

tell me what yoou need to know

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

ok dex forums superstar fahrenheit has your back

tell me what yoou need to know

all i know is i tried playing one of the first missions of the game and it didnt tell me poo poo and i just walked around and i felt like a confused old person

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

all i know is i tried playing one of the first missions of the game and it didnt tell me poo poo and i just walked around and i felt like a confused old person

have you tried playing the tutorial

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
really all you need to know is the interact key and the throw bag key and early heists are a piece of cake

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Black Baby Goku posted:

it needs gears of wars chars

Rest in peace. Owned by the brain damaged Wrestling Forum Dick Suckers.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

have you tried playing the tutorial

you mean where it makes you go through those obstacle courses or whatever in your hideout?

i was just really loving lost...

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Dexters Secret posted:

you mean where it makes you go through those obstacle courses or whatever in your hideout?

i was just really loving lost...

obstacle courses such as having to press f a few times and maybe g once I think

liquid courage
Aug 12, 2011

i need to get back into this game. when i set up my desktop at some point this week, i'm down to play some.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

People being WWE strategists... like the stupid voting strategists on news channels, I just don't get it. Why do people even care about that. It's insane.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Mr.Fahrenheit posted:

obstacle courses such as having to press f a few times and maybe g once I think

tbqh i dont really remember why i was so confused it was months ago, i'd have to play it again to ask you a question that matters

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

tbqh i dont really remember why i was so confused it was months ago, i'd have to play it again to ask you a question that matters

I am wracking my brain and I can't even possibly imagine what confused you about the game.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Walk around, shoot the gun, steal the crap, wait by the crap that takes time to do... Really? Has this world gone crazy.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I am wracking my brain and I can't even possibly imagine what confused you about the game.

i think what happened is one of the objectives of the first missions i played was to not get caught or whatever and i couldn't figure out how to do that. I tried going around the back and stuff and looking around to see if i coudl disable cameras or something fancy... couldnt figure it out, so i tried asking my friends... turned out no one i knew played this game, so i was like, 'oh well i only spent like $5 anyway' and gave up

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

i think what happened is one of the objectives of the first missions i played was to not get caught or whatever and i couldn't figure out how to do that. I tried going around the back and stuff and looking around to see if i coudl disable cameras or something fancy... couldnt figure it out, so i tried asking my friends... turned out no one i knew played this game, so i was like, 'oh well i only spent like $5 anyway' and gave up

Oh well it's one of the games where you have to level up to be able to do things so it might of just been that.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Im probably going to uninstall this game soon, because I haven't played it in a while and don't get much enjoyment from it anymore, OP.

• Locked thread