Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
and it's on Amazon prime now. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Someone oughta open up a loving window, is all I'm saying

Amanda Huggensuck
Nov 8, 2012
the musical?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

you're no hakan

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Drunkboxer posted:

But what about the flies??

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Here a Lee, there a Lee, this is by far the BSE (best song ever)

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It really loses steam in the third act though

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Drunkboxer posted:

This is why congressmen are useless. Open up the fuckin window if you want dawg its 1776 you don't have to draft any legislation to do it. Use your fuckin hands.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It really loses steam in the third act though

Eh yeah maybe. I still like it though

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

lol yeah

urg i don't want to pay taxes to support this enormous war fought for our benefit and soldiers to protect us from these guys we're trying to genocide. lets just all turn traitor against the crown and burn down tax collector's houses. now let's lose a bunch of battles. cool they're bored of this poo poo, we win! we're free now oh poo poo we're out of money, better tax everyone

ps: all of us shouting about freedom are not only traitors but hypocrites because we all own hundreds of slaves. they can fight for us but they arent free what are you talking about

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 27, 2015

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

lol yeah

urg i don't want to pay taxes to support this enormous war fought for our benefit and soldiers to protect us from these guys we're trying to genocide. lets just all turn traitor against the crown and burn down tax collector's houses. now let's lose a bunch of battles. cool they're bored of this poo poo, we win! we're free now oh poo poo we're out of money, better tax everyone

ps: all of us shouting about freedom are not only traitors but hypocrites because we all own hundreds of slaves. they can fight for us but they arent free what are you talking about

Gaaaaayeeeee

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
The entire year hosed up the rest of the world

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
an entire season of tv only available on an online subscription service? *twiddles fingers* don't mind if i do

nah psych i ain't do that to myself

Rotary Phony
Nov 8, 2011
For God's Sake, OP, SIT DOWN!

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
okay okay okay now i know y'all heard this argument before but lemme try it on you now

how about... i pay hbo ten bucks for one month...

and in return...

i get to watch all of game of thrones - no commercials

eh? you see what i did there, hbo? way better than buying entire box sets of individual seasons. you gonna thank me when you can't afford that payment for your third yacht

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Just watch more musicals you dillweeds

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Rotary Phony posted:

For God's Sake, OP, SIT DOWN!

Vote nnnnnnyes

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005
I'm obnoxious and disliked, did you know that?

:(

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
in 1776 war was beginning ending

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think the aforementioned problems with the third act are probably linked to the way jeff was portrayed, I think.

Zazamoot
Apr 2, 2005
I saw this live when I was in the 6th grade and loved it, though the rest of my class was pretty let down when the curtain dropped without a single combat scene

Returning to it as an adult, it's pretty weird how much of the plot deals with the overwhelming yearning of our founding fathers to get laid. Abigail Adams is all like "John, how about granting women some civil liberties?" and Adams is too busy helping TJ get his dick wet to even send her the pins she asked for.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
*benjamin franklin stumbles into the signing of the declaraion with no pants on*

B.F.: Whoa!

*laugh track*

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
Fun fact: Nixon's administration tried to get the "ever to the right, always to the right" song pulled from the movie version. No dice.

gently caress conservatives.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD47NIcdmAA

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Nameless_Steve posted:

Fun fact: Nixon's administration tried to get the "ever to the right, always to the right" song pulled from the movie version. No dice.

gently caress conservatives.

Haha really?

1776 owns y'all get on the train

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

chaosbreather posted:

all of us shouting about freedom are not only traitors but hypocrites because we all own hundreds of slaves. they can fight for us but they arent free what are you talking about

The musical actually deals with this in the song "Molasses to Rum." South Carolina delegate Edward Rutledge calls out the Northern delegates for the hypocrisy of condemning slavery while participating in the slave trade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9yPdhL6L3o

Give it a listen, it's a good song AND it teaches you about triangular trade.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I don't know what this poo poo is but hbo did an adaptation of "john Adams" and that's better than this

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Drunkboxer, you're a bore, we've heard this before.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Vote yes! Vote for independency!

That musical has jamming music and good comedic timing, but it is definitely a little long.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
america

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."
It blew my mind when I realized John Adams was MR. FEENY

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
JOIN, or DIE.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
FIRE WAGON!!!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Data was the best character

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

see

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
kinda into 1963 at the moment, actually

The Whole Internet
May 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It is a good movie. And the "further to the right" song is the best song.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I liked when the South called out the North for its complicity in the slave trade.

inkmoth
Apr 25, 2014

Drunkboxer posted:

Here a Lee, there a Lee, this is by far the BSE (best song ever)

While this is certainly the best song in the musical, John's laugh in response to the "one thing every woman's missed" is still the best line in the entire show.

Thanks for letting me know this is now available for streaming so I may subject my friends to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

1987 is where its at

• Locked thread