Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Love my rich youtube personalities

lol who gives a poo poo about this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Because people are still depressed over losing Matt Smith as the Doctor and this guy looks enough like him and is goofy enough to fill that hole in their hearts.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
My firm opinion on any and all "youtubers" especially regarding gaming broadcasts:

If you watch that poo poo you are wasting away your life. Especially since you could be playing the game/ a different game yourself in the same timespan and at least have a modicum of interactivity.
And "I can watch it at work bzt can't play there" doesn't qualify as an argument because 90% of people watching it are underaged and don't work yet or unemployed.

People need to realize watching someone doesn't make your own life more interesting. Living it does.

Tl;dr: watching "youtubers" is stupid no matter who they are.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
i like jontron because he has a bird and they get into antics.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Hopper posted:

My firm opinion on any and all "youtubers" especially regarding gaming broadcasts:

If you watch that poo poo you are wasting away your life. Especially since you could be playing the game/ a different game yourself in the same timespan and at least have a modicum of interactivity.
And "I can watch it at work bzt can't play there" doesn't qualify as an argument because 90% of people watching it are underaged and don't work yet or unemployed.

People need to realize watching someone doesn't make your own life more interesting. Living it does.

Excellent analysis, thank you.

ropa
Sep 7, 2006

Hopper posted:

I like the travel channel

and your arguments are fallacy

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Pawn 17 posted:

I can't wait for a whole generation of adults who have been raised by pewdiepie trying to run the world. The future is looking bright indeed!

Teletubbies > Sponge Bob Square Pants > Pewdiepie. The next generation will truly be the greatest generation mankind has ever known.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Waltzing Along posted:

This was pretty funny.

No it wasn't. Game is funny, game man is not funny.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

My teenage stepdaughter is obsessed with this annoying motherfucker. I told her if she ever brings home a lad who speaks like that, I'll probably beat him to death.

Unless he's like rich from youtube bux and her old dad can sponge off him then I dunno, that'd be ok I think

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

Hopper posted:

I call bullshit on this post. How can you call watching Youtube "wasting away your life" then proceed to say that people should play the game themselves (which is also wasting away your life from certain perspectives)?

What is wrong with doing both? If the people playing the game are entertaining, then that's why I watch it. It's just a form of entertainment like all the rest.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I wonder if YouTube was like the LP forum and had a 6 month moratorium on new games, if anybody would even watch that poo poo.

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW

notZaar posted:

I wonder if YouTube was like the LP forum and had a 6 month moratorium on new games, if anybody would even watch that poo poo.

It has been all downhill since the FYAD forum renaming during the release of the last Harry Potter book.

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
He is funny and a professional entertainer and not just some YouTube personality. His body of work is prolific and varying, not just a repetition of some meme

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

youre wife posted:

He is funny and a professional entertainer and not just some YouTube personality. His body of work is prolific and varying, not just a repetition of some meme

in conclusion pewdiepie is a land of contrasts

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Nuage posted:

I call bullshit on this post. How can you call watching Youtube "wasting away your life" then proceed to say that people should play the game themselves (which is also wasting away your life from certain perspectives)?

What is wrong with doing both? If the people playing the game are entertaining, then that's why I watch it. It's just a form of entertainment like all the rest.

Games are made to be played. If your are interested in games and watch a random dude on the net play them when you could actually play yourself is downright stupid (unless you are watching a a walkthrough because you are stuck).
Why not play that poo poo yourself? You are depriving yourself of at 2/3 of the experience.

It's like having a gym membership and a gym next door but instead of going yourself you watch other people work out from your couch. Or living in Munich and instead of going to beerfest while it is held, you watch those stupid documentaries about it at home.

I just don't get it.

Also watching others do stuff you could do yourself is always a waste of time, UNLESS you do it to learn something (such as watching a carpenter build a patio on youtube to then do yours the same way).
Playing the game is acting out your hobby.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jan 28, 2015

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
it isn't like any of those things. it's like watching your friend game

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nigmaetcetera posted:

kids love rape

same

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Germstore posted:

in conclusion pewdiepie is a land of contrasts

For me to poop on

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp

Hopper posted:

It's like having a gym membership and a gym next door but instead of going yourself you watch other people work out from your couch.

Playing vidja is like going to the gym

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

that guy doesn't understand any of the activities he's talking about

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

So this rear end in a top hat is why my kid plays vidja games and screams stupid poo poo at his friends on the mic? Maybe it's just the downs.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Rivethead posted:

So this rear end in a top hat is why my kid plays vidja games and screams stupid poo poo at his friends on the mic? Maybe it's just the downs.

Seriously. I gotta ask my kid why he's trash talking a goddamn npc at full volume. Why can't he sit there in silence like an inert zombie like I did.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
things children like are sometimes real annoying and he is specifically keyed to entertain children

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Germstore posted:

Seriously. I gotta ask my kid why he's trash talking a goddamn npc at full volume. Why can't he sit there in silence like an inert zombie like I did.

Exactly. He is ruining the majority of my fleshlight experiences. Pewdepie must be stopped.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
ya'll racist

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

He is the internet fad of this internet year sector like homestar runner. He will go away and then make a comeback when the coke and anti depressant addiction runs his earnings short and all the people that watched him as kids will be 35 year old neckbeard and will feel great shame and apathy in being reminded of their wasted youth just as the homestar runner generation did. Its the internet rite of passage

ouch...... it's okay dude, your youth may be wasted but you can still shave the beard and get back into the game :glomp:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Hopper posted:

what a dumb loving post lol

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
playing vidja is like a beerfest in munich

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
playing vidja is an active hobby

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Okay yeah sure I should have known any going-out-of-the-house-activity comparison would be beyond the average goon.

Let's try again:

Watching PdP play a game you like is like watching other people poo poo on my posts instead of doing it yourself.
Ultimately you feel much better typing a snide comment yourself.

Am i rite?

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
i don't think you grasp the beauty of you commenting on people commenting on a person commenting on games, mr. hopper.

anyway, back to pewds <3

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
i am the dead fish

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I should have agreed with him about pewds and grown the fark up but he said outside so I sperged out.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Hopper posted:

this is a critique of all video broadcast media, not specifically of youtube gamers.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope rickytic3 becomes the most popular youtube person channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhalpfzzFEo

youre wife
Dec 25, 2014

by Ralp
oh god no

here's cutie pewds to cleanse that from your eyes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9bsr3bKmQA

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

why do people watch ice truckers, its such a waste of time. instead of watching someone else do it, you could buy a truck and drive trough the ice yourself

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the best youtube celeb is this guy

yes this guy right here

which guy? this guy

once again?

this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I think it's entertaining to read mad GBS posts about a successful YouTube guy, personally.

• Locked thread