Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
that's a photoshop and it's creepy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i'd have a glass

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i'd have a glass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tMoeADHQ2I

EnderWiggin
Jan 10, 2015
While milk is total garbage for you, milk straight from the cow tastes pretty drat good.

D-Tron
Jul 3, 2007

1999 was a hard time
to be a scrub

Yam Slacker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXOGS9cilKM

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm always afraid of the wrong types of almonds being used and I'd end up buying a carton of arsenic. I stick with soy because real milk is kinda gross and gives me "the runs"

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Korthal posted:

I agree with OP

live in a non-lovely state

milk is delicious

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

EnderWiggin posted:

While milk is total garbage for you, milk straight from the cow tastes pretty drat good.

louis pasteur is rolling in his grave right now

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice
I like water, green tea, arnold palmers, and beer. I don't need no titty juice

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Buddha. posted:

I like water, green tea, arnold palmers, and beer. I don't need no titty juice
Cock juice better suits your tastes, yeah.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I had to help do a California Mastitis test at a dairy farm for a field trip and now I don't drink milk because of the way the pus in the milk turned the stuff in the cup into purple, mucus blobs. Seriously, it was gross. Like someone left blueberry yogurt in the car in August.

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

empty sea posted:

I had to help do a California Mastitis test at a dairy farm for a field trip and now I don't drink milk because of the way the pus in the milk turned the stuff in the cup into purple, mucus blobs. Seriously, it was gross. Like someone left blueberry yogurt in the car in August.

Blue berry milk sounds loving delicious

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

i think im a furry now

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
milk tastes great and is pretty awesome if you're like me and often don't hit your fat macro without it and could use the extra protein too

e: i don't like almond milk by itself but it's cool to use in protein shakes sometimes.

Previous Jesus fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 28, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Goat milk is very good.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Sorry op, beer and quik do not mix.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Milk is for kids. I still love cheese and yogurt, but once you grow up you do realize milk is sort of gross and you just don't need it for any good reason. Hell, there are better sources of calcium with less or no fat, anyway.

Orange/grapefruit or cranberry juice with breakfast are acceptable

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
i eat cookies as an excuse to drink milk, no joke

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

etalian posted:

Goat milk is very good.

I had health problem and health problem but after drinking goats milk I am all better now.

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

Whatev posted:

Cock juice better suits your tastes, yeah.

Only if it's freshly squeezed. I don't like the concentrate crap

absolutely
Aug 17, 2014
Milk is by far the best value for protein, peanut butter is a close second. All prices are sourced from my local Aldi because it's the best grocery store. And milk is actually $2.59 at my store now, too lazy to redo the calculation.

milk ($3.19 * 26 gallons) * 144 protein per gallon = 11,943 grams of protein for $82.94

eggs ($1.50 * 56 dozen eggs) * 72 grams of protein per dozen = 6048 protein for $84

tuna ($.69 * 123 cans) * 26 protein per can = 2200 grams for $85

bread ($1.79 * 47 loaves) * 80 protein per loaf = 6730 grams for $84

pb ($1.59 * 53 jars) * 98 protein per 1lb jar = 8258 grams for $85

cheese ($1.99 * 43) * 60 protein 12 slice packet = 5134 grams for $85

absolutely fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 28, 2015

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

itt people with inferior genetics

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
you're a bitch OP

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

absolutely posted:

Milk is by far the best value for protein, peanut butter is a close second. All prices are sourced from my local Aldi because it's the best grocery store. And milk is actually $2.59 at my store now, too lazy to redo the calculation.

milk ($3.19 * 26 gallons) * 144 protein per gallon = 11,943 grams of protein for $82.94

eggs ($1.50 * 56 dozen eggs) * 72 grams of protein per dozen = 6048 protein for $84

tuna ($.69 * 123 cans) * 26 protein per can = 2200 grams for $85

bread ($1.79 * 47 loaves) * 80 protein per loaf = 6730 grams for $84

pb ($1.59 * 53 jars) * 98 protein per 1lb jar = 8258 grams for $85

cheese ($1.99 * 43) * 60 protein 12 slice packet = 5134 grams for $85

Buy cheese and slice your own. You get more that way.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Soy milk is nice.

Almond milk is too expensive.

Regular milk makes me wanna barf.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Grin and Tonic posted:

goat milk is really good cow milk is unhealthy and lovely and almond milk is dumb and soy milk makes you grow flabby man tits

gently caress, you are on Something Awful. It is already assumed that you possess these. Also, the irony is not lost on me :)

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES

Whatev posted:

Just skipping the glycemic index of lactose vs sucrose vs fructose and so on (they ain't the same), almond milk is so watery that you could mix a glass with half milk and half water, and the milk water would still be more nutritionally dense than almond milk AND have less sugar.

It's like that fruit juice that advertises itself as having 50% less sugar than regular juice. It's like, no poo poo, that's because you took regular juice and mixed it with an equal amount of water. So you're paying them same amount for half the amount of juice.

Like if you're cutting calories wherever you can, I can see the use for almond milk, insomuch that it would be better to drink water than anything else anyway.

you must be gettin the wrong almond milk cause mine is thick and creamy and great for making cappuccinos and poo poo

the high amount of sugar in milk overrides any benefit from a higher micronutrient count imo

Decrepus posted:

Is that like $4 a serving or what.

looks like we got a poor in here

script kitty fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 28, 2015

Sassafrasquatch
May 7, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Milk + Sugar Free Sweetener + Ice + Vanilla Protein Powder, blend and it's basically a milk shake for breakfast except good for you.

Holy poo poo you can put protein powder in drinks??!?! I've been eating that ahit by the spoonful for the last 2 months jfc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

^ you're supposed to inject it.

Mmmm Splenda sugar and transfat

Filox
Oct 4, 2014

Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

cow milk is decent imo, dont get me wrong its just weirding me out right now

Don't think about where eggs come from when there's an omelet on your plate.

Filox fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 28, 2015

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

And honey is bee vomit obviously, makes you think.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

script kitty posted:

you must be gettin the wrong almond milk cause mine is thick and creamy and great for making cappuccinos and poo poo

yea the bluediamond is nice and creamy. i have a nespresso milk frother and it comes out amazing in it. other brands havent come out as well, like i tried TJ's, Silk, and some other versions and it sucked :iiam:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Filox posted:

Don't think about eggs when there's an omelet on your plate.
eggs cracked into a glass of honey sweetened homo milk served at 38°C (cow body temperature)

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jan 28, 2015

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

Xaris posted:

yea the bluediamond is nice and creamy. i have a nespresso milk frother and it comes out amazing in it. other brands havent come out as well, like i tried TJ's, Silk, and some other versions and it sucked :iiam:
I didn't mean watery in taste, I meant that the vast majority of the product is water. Like if you take the exact same amount of milk and almond milk, the milk will have like 30 grams of nutrition poo poo in it and the almond milk will have like 15, with the rest being water.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Milk is delicious gently caress the haters.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
honestly cow milk is grody i much prefer soy

*is a male who rubs his own luscious tits*

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Vanilla almond milk FTW

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

VendaGoat posted:

Vanilla almond milk FTW

Unsweetened which is on sale. Oh! So, is this bacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Zeluth posted:

Unsweetened which is on sale. Oh! So, is this bacon.

Think what you will. I'd rather have eggs.

• Locked thread