Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i think i found my favorite one yet. this dude named coley is a meth addicted "logger" except he actually just wanders around in the woods with his dog and a homeless looking tweaker for ten hours at a time, looking for burl. he keeps talking about how he's gonna make tens of thousands of dollars off teh burl but then he finally gets to "burl world" and it's worth like $500

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm watching the Megan/Maryanne one now and it's funny how Megan's brother was there for her when her parents fought and he's talking about how her boyfriend is a piece of poo poo and a coward. Then you find out he moved to scotland as soon as he turned 18 and hasn't been home in 7 years. Plus he's a hard time trying to think about what to say to get her to go to rehab.

Also Tiffany whose grandparents won't say she's addicted to drugs even though she looks like death and that addiction isn't in their family even thought her uncle is in prison for 10 years due to drugs.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jan 29, 2015

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush
Y'all would love drunk in public:

quote:

"Drunk In Public" is a feature documentary directed by award winning filmmaker David J. Sperling. This final and complete film spanned and chronicled the last 18 years in the touching, tragic and thought provoking life of Mark David Allen, a man arrested more than 500 times. 

Filmmaker is a cop who documented picking up this drunk over and over and how he can never seem to get his life together. Drunk dude is nearly invincible.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

XK posted:

That's the only person on the show who did nothing but make me mad. All the other people, no matter how incredibly hosed up they were, and how much worse they were making their lives, I could understand, in at least some small way, why they were on their path of addiction. That guy had already started a successful career, had a natural talent for music, had contracts with major music industry outfits as a producer, and was in a money earning band with his hot girlfriend. He lives with her and her family, they are supportive and accept him, have seemingly infinite patience, and just want him to recover. The worthless gently caress regularly smokes up and verbally abuses and physically threatens her family.

I remember watching that episode and wishing I were him, and there he is laying in dirty water in a drainage ditch, under a highway, crying his eyes out about how awful his life is while smoking crack.

I found it, S02E16 Tim.

My wife and I watched this one last night because of your post. Amazon Prime has it.

The girlfriend's mom was obsessed with her daughter's career instead of telling her maybe get some work experience in case the music doesn't take off

Tim literally slept underneath a bridge even though he had money and parents because it probably made him ~unique~

He smashed a $5,000 computer because he is a babby

At first I thought the girl's dad was a weenie for not belting him after talking to him and his daughter like that but the more I watched it the more it looked like he just didn't care and didn't want to have to deal with this stupid poo poo after a long day at work. Also I had the feeling his daughter would have blamed him if he hit or chewed out Tim.

The whole episode was infuriating to watch.

Edit: the one episode that I watched years ago that still stuck with me was that guy who owned a bunch of tanning salons. On my phone so I can't find the title but everyone here has to watch it. I won't spoil it but my jaw dropped at the ending. I

Edit: it's season 4 episode 10: Lawrence. Watch it ASAP

Chumbawumba4ever97 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 29, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

XmasGiftFromWife posted:

Drunk dude is nearly invincible.

nearly. he dead now

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!
There's a whole page of post-Intervention deaths, jesus http://intervention-directory.com/post-intervention-deaths/

Alcoholics drop like flies.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

olylifter posted:

There's a whole page of post-Intervention deaths, jesus http://intervention-directory.com/post-intervention-deaths/

Alcohol really rots you from the inside quickly when you turn it into a full time job.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

olylifter posted:

Alcohol is one of very very few substances where the withdrawal from it can kill you. Once you reach a point where you're basically drunk 24/7 it is extraordinarily hard to get off it even with proper medical assistance and supervision.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
hehehe it's the best OP

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

olylifter posted:

I'm Austin Powers

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

univbee posted:

Alcohol is one of very very few substances where the withdrawal from it can kill you. Once you reach a point where you're basically drunk 24/7 it is extraordinarily hard to get off it even with proper medical assistance and supervision.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Frog Act posted:

i think i found my favorite one yet. this dude named coley is a meth addicted "logger" except he actually just wanders around in the woods with his dog and a homeless looking tweaker for ten hours at a time, looking for burl. he keeps talking about how he's gonna make tens of thousands of dollars off teh burl but then he finally gets to "burl world" and it's worth like $500

lmao

watching dis now

EvilMayo
Dec 25, 2010

"You'll poke your anus out." - George Dubya Bush

CharlestonJew posted:

nearly. he dead now

Yeah but the dude doesn't die from alcoholism. Somehow recovered from a coma, and his organs showed no sign of damage in the autopsy.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
im stoned and dont have the energy to read more than pg 1 and 6
hook me up with the best eps
:thumbsup:

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Edit: it's season 4 episode 10: Lawrence. Watch it ASAP

"Most addicts on their own don't have the resources to even be an addict"

Lawrence sure did.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

serious norman posted:

im stoned and dont have the energy to read more than pg 1 and 6
hook me up with the best eps

intervene on yourself bro!!!!

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
how the gently caress do u find eps

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

serious norman posted:

search "intervention canada" on youtubr and theres at least five or six full episodes that come right up. though one of them was about a dude who was addicted to "alcohol and marijuana" and i was all lmao, naw

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cracked_Gear posted:

The one that stands out for me is Adam. he had severe PTSD and he refused to go to treatment, though I hear he had a kid with his bitch of a girlfriend and sobered up. I just remember the crew asking him what happened in iraq and for about two seconds he looked like he was going to murder the camera crew

PTSD is not something you should prod someone on unless there are 2-3 300 lb guards right next to you and there are no guns in the vicinity.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

haha wow this one dude is a meth head / drug dealer and he's selling tons of ghb. house fulla people taking capfuls of ghb. i mean who the gently caress does that

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Frog Act posted:

haha wow this one dude is a meth head / drug dealer and he's selling tons of ghb. house fulla people taking capfuls of ghb. i mean who the gently caress does that

where i live it was a big thing in 200X

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

serious norman posted:

lmao ppl really give themselves roofies? ridiculous

serious norman posted:

the A&E site has them all for streaming

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

ashgromnies posted:

It's missing a bunch though, like season 4 episode 10 from above.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

My wife and I watched this one last night because of your post. Amazon Prime has it.

Well, there goes a whole lot of free time for a while.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

serious norman posted:

that's really strange, i've known tons and tons of drug users over the years and i've never even heard anyone mention ghb. i think a lot of thsi kinda stuff is regional because i've also never seen meth or known any meth users even though that poo poo is supposed to be an epidemic

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

does anyone have a link to the one with the broad what is addicted to bath salts

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Al Nipper posted:

It's not intervention but this is the most extreme profile of substance abuse I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Poor guy was dead as soon as he went to a rehab facility. These places really need to be shunned by the medical community. Rehab facilities aren't for people addicted to substances, they are for assholes who really like substances. A weight room and beautiful view of the ocean won't do poo poo when you're going through alcohol withdrawal. You need doctors; doctors inside of a hospital.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The Human Crouton posted:

Poor guy was dead as soon as he went to a rehab facility. They really need to be shunned by the medical community. Rehab facilities aren't for people addicted to substances, they are for assholes who really like substances. A weight room and beautiful view of the ocean won't do poo poo when you're going through alcohol withdrawal. You need doctors; doctors inside of a hospital.

dude got medical detox before he went

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Frog Act posted:

dude got medical detox before he went

The documentary suggested that he got this medical detox at a rehab center.

Un chien andalou
Oct 22, 2008

The pipe is leaking

ashgromnies posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flunitrazepam

This is roofies not GHB. GHB is just like getting drunk real quick. That said, it has been used as a date rape drug in the past, but it ain't roofies.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

oh huh i just assumed that meant they sent him to the hospital. that is terrible though the optimist in me assume they had an MD on site. rehab doesn't work for most people anyway, and intervention is a really solid demonstration of that

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I Googled it and he died of a heart attack while in the facility. No more details than that.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i'm the blurred baby in childhood photos of a junkie's abandoned offspring

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Frog Act posted:

that's really strange, i've known tons and tons of drug users over the years and i've never even heard anyone mention ghb. i think a lot of thsi kinda stuff is regional because i've also never seen meth or known any meth users even though that poo poo is supposed to be an epidemic

Meth is hillbilly heroin so I think its mostly popular in areas with hillbillies but without heroin

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Meth is hillbilly heroin so I think its mostly popular in areas with hillbillies but without heroin

Oxy is hillbilly heroin

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Count Freebasie posted:

Oxy is hillbilly heroin

Nah plenty of Hollywood celebrities and middle class moms do oxy. Meth, not as much

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Mange Mite posted:

Nah plenty of Hollywood celebrities and middle class moms do oxy. Meth, not as much

the term "hillybilly heroin" means oxycontin though. they're both opiates adn whatnot, thus the term

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

also rednecks loving love oxy. seriously they're bonkers for that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

Do a Google of "hillbilly heroin"

e: Frog Act beat me to it

• Locked thread