Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cracked_Gear posted:

The one that stands out for me is Adam. he had severe PTSD and he refused to go to treatment, though I hear he had a kid with his bitch of a girlfriend and sobered up. I just remember the crew asking him what happened in iraq and for about two seconds he looked like he was going to murder the camera crew

PTSD is not something you should prod someone on unless there are 2-3 300 lb guards right next to you and there are no guns in the vicinity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nooner posted:

The only intervention I really remember was some like middle class white guy, had a wife and a couple of daughters I think, owned like his own construction company, seemed like he had his poo poo together, but goddam did he like to go into this lovely little like closet something and smoke some crack. Like whole family was upstairs and knew what he was doing but whatever that's just what dad does, and he is just in this lovely little room rocking away on his stool smoking the gently caress outta some crack.

There's a shocking level of people with successful lives who just absolutely wreck themselves with drugs or alcohol and it takes years and years before it catches up with them.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Nooner posted:

Hoarders is the business though, used to watch it all the time.

I feel like the best show would be some sort of "Ultimate Hoarders" match up where like two of them compete to see who can hoard the most crap and at the end the winner keeps all.

That way one person gets their dream hoard and the other gets their house cleaned out and a chance at a fresh start. Everyone wins!

The most depressing part of hoarders is when their mental illness is on full display.

There was a women who lost a cousin in 9/11, and started hoarding after that, and when they were trying to clean her house she had a ton of those cheap 9/11 commemorative plates and the idea that she'd get rid of them sent her into hysterics because if she threw them away she'd dishonor the memory of everyone who suffered in 9/11 and how could she do that to all the good and noble people who sacrificed themselves to save America.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Frog Act posted:

wow in this one this 22 year old girl is prostituting herself out of her childhood room in her parents house to buy heroin whiel her family is in the next room. holy moly

You missed the best part, her boyfriend is still with her after she cleared out his bank accounts and he knows she's got 10-20 regular "customers" she prostitutes herself to.

Her "boyfriend" Clint lives out of town because he had to find a job to pay Brittany's bills, her rent, and bought her a new car.

"I feel jealous for that way that she gets money for her drugs, so I try not to mention it and think about it"

AHAHAHAHAHA HE GAVE HER AN ENGAGEMENT RING SHE IMMEDIATELY PAWNED IT FOR HEROIN!

This is the most beta male I have ever seen in my life.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 31, 2015

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Frog Act posted:

i watched one today where this guy had been snroting bath salts for six months and had this giant schizoaffective reality he was living in. he had all these weaposn and devices to fight the shadow people in his house and his mom was this vile woman who pushed him to be a model and hated him and was incredibly cruel

he refused to acknowledge he was on drugs and thought he was a force for good, the only warrior fighting the evil entities

was super sad

That's TCC.

• Locked thread