Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I thought the tweakers were pretty sad but seeing legitimate drunks is just a whole other level of sad. I didn't even realize people get DT shakes from alcohol dependency. Meth at least puts you in some bizarro world of happy feelings, but alcoholics are just emotionally broken even in their addictions. I have to keep drinking and cry all night otherwise I might have to cry all night while convulsing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Every single post has been about intervention, but maybe I am misreading.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

sure, I'll allow it.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The best Hoarders was the Mr Fascination one.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/06/09/new-jersey-boardwalk-retro-arcade/10256443/

Dude has essentially the Library of Congress for old arcade games and can't open up a proper public museum/arcade with his collection because of ancient laws against arcade games linked to money laundering.

By the end I think they realize that this dude, even though he has problems, has an extremely important archive of this subset of history.

In one scene they act like they can't move this massive piece and he just strolls up and moves it by himself and just destroys them for not even trying.

I really hope he can get it all worked out because that collection is amazing.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

The Human Crouton posted:

The documentary suggested that he got this medical detox at a rehab center.

I Googled it and he died of a heart attack while in the facility. No more details than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Cracked_Gear posted:

"I've been clean for 89 days and I feel awesome! Rehab has helped me to become better and stronger"

"Now I must go and fight the phase people"

lol

• Locked thread