Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Born in Texas in 1987, actress/singer Hilary Duff came to fame as the title character on the Disney Channel series Lizzie McGuire.
Wildly popular with the 'tween set, Duff turned herself into a popular franchise with films like The Lizzie McGuire Movie and A Cinderella Story.
She also released several pop albums—her debut record, Metamorphosis, went triple-platinum—and her own clothing lines: Stuff by Hilary Duff and Femme for DKNY Jeans.

In 2000, Hilary Duff was cast on a new NBC sitcom, Daddio. She worked on the show alongside Michael Chiklis, who said after working with her for one day, "This young girl is going to be a movie star." Unfortunately, Chiklis's was not the only opinion that mattered. After just one episode,the pilot, Duff was dropped from the series by its producers. Depressed, Duff wanted to give up on show business, but her mother encouraged her not to give up her dream. The very next week, she landed the lead role on a new Disney Channel show entitled Lizzie McGuire.

Lizzie McGuire soon became a runaway hit, making Hilary Duff, performing as its title character, a household name. The young actress was especially popular with the 'tween set, though her fan base soon extended across all age ranges: "I don't think the Disney Channel gives us enough credit for the age range Lizzie McGuire actually has," Duff once said. "College students come up to me, grandparents, famous people." After starring in 65 episodes over two seasons, Duff reprised the role of McGuire for 2003's The Lizzie McGuire Movie. The film was incredibly successful, grossing more than $55 million worldwide.

Duff's success with Lizzie McGuire led her to work in other facets with Disney, including starring in the 2002 Disney Channel movie Cadet Kelly and releasing an album, Santa Claus Lane, for the company's music label.
In 2003, Duff and Disney entered negotiations for an extension to the Lizzie McGuire franchise, but talks broke down over pay disputes.

Nevertheless, 2003 proved to be a banner year for Hilary Duff, as the 16-year-old starred in three movies—Agent Cody Banks, The Lizzie McGuire Movie and Cheaper by the Dozen—and released her first non-Disney studio album, Metamorphosis.
Featuring songs written by both Hilary and Haylie Duff, the album eventually went triple-platinum in the United States.
By now, Duff had developed a reputation as a teen idol and drew comparisons to the late Annette Funicello, who had risen to prominence as the star of The Mickey Mouse Club half a century before.

In 2004, Duff starred in two films: A Cinderella Story, which was moderately successful at the box office, and Raise Your Voice, which bombed.
That same year, the starlet released her second album, the eponymous Hilary Duff, which earned platinum certification, and launched her own fashion line, Stuff by Hilary Duff, which saw mass distribution through Target and K-Mart. Also in 2004, Duff began dating Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden; their relationship would end in November 2006.

By 2005, Duff, desperately wanting to move away from 'tween fare so that she could be taken seriously as an adult actress, was attempting to reshape her public image.
She starred in The Perfect Man with Heather Locklear in 2005, and in Material Girls with sister Haylie in 2006, but both films bombed with movie audiences.

Duff's fourth studio album, Dignity, was released in 2007 to both critical and commercial acclaim, praised for offering a more mature, adult sound than that of its predecessors. Working with American singer-songwriter Kara DioGuardi, Duff co-wrote all but one song on the album.

Duff was then offered the lead role in the 2008 reboot of the 90210 TV franchise, but passed on the part, preferring to make a definitive move from her high school image.
She went on to appear in the political satire War, Inc. (2008) alongside John Cusack.

On August 14, 2010, Duff married her longtime boyfriend, Mike Comrie, a professional hockey player for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League. On March 20, 2012, Duff gave birth to the couple's first child, son Luca Cruz Comrie.
In a 2013 interview with the Today show, Duff stated that she was "obsessed" with being a mom. "It's very humbling. It's all about him ... It's his world. We're just living in it," she said.
"I feel like my heart just swelled. I didn't know I could love something so much. And that keeps getting more intense as he grows older."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

HDuff is alright but I kinda like her sister better because shes a little chunkier and looks more girl next door. She got a couple movies on the Hallmark Channel :unsmith:

Apthous
Nov 2, 2014

by XyloJW
She is a year younger than me so it wasn't pedophilia to talk about loving her back in the day.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Nudes?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I wonder if Lindsay Lohan has ever looked up what Hilary Duff is doing nowadays only to get depressed that Hilary came out of child stardom normal and happy.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

gordo never got up in dem guts

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I mean apparently Aaron Carter still isn't over her, and she's moved on from all that bullshit.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
she looks like the kind of girl who couldn't wait to be a mom

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Bring back DPPH

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
her little brother on the show looked like he smelled

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
I'd taste her muff.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i just feel like i somehow dont care but how could that be possible

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i always skipped this show and watched even stevens instead

there was a goth girl on even stevens and that was more my speed back in th' ol' day

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ID gently caress HILARY DUFF

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal