Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
I hope so. That movie is pure gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

mookface posted:

Disney's only goal is to make a loving ton of money

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/guess-frozen-dresses-sold/story?id=26679037

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Vitruvio posted:

I hope Olaf ends up in the next Star Wars.

Me too.

matrix ripoff posted:

i hope in frozen 2 elsa goes full loving lesbian and does really sloppy makeouts with another woman and then you gotta hear all the news stations interviewing fat mothers whinging on about how their kids wanna see the new frozen movie but OH LORD THE HOMOS IS IN IT

Tumblr is in love with the idea of Elsa falling in love with a Muslim fire witch princess.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Actually having a Muslim fire princess would be kind of neat, if more than a little nonsensical.

It's one of those things where the people who really want it won't be happy with it no matter how Disney handles it, and the people who'd appreciate it aren't going to care if it doesn't happen.

They've already had a Muslim princess though and her name was Jasmine. EFB

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 28, 2015

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

The Taint Reaper posted:

Princess Jasmine is already muslim. Aladdin took place in a muslim country when Islam was already established.

That one song in Aladdin pissed off some Muslims and I've heard people claim the characters, particularly the good guys, got whitewashed in the film which is complete bunk (although that poo poo does happen within the promotional material sometimes). I don't think Aladdin would fly today. I think everyone is way touchier about Islam now (which is a total understatement).

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

The Taint Reaper posted:

It didn't piss them off so much so as Disney changed the words last minute because Arabian Nights had the line "slit your throat" originally.

Which isn't really offensive but more of a fact of life, especially since ISIS is around in this day and age.

I think the "barbaric" line still upset people. I remember complaints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Fojar38 posted:

why is this massive corporation trying to maximize its profit by taking advantage of a property that accidentally became stupidly popular

wtf

Company is giving people more of what they want? Ludicrous!

• Locked thread