Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

The Taint Reaper posted:

It didn't piss them off so much so as Disney changed the words last minute because Arabian Nights had the line "slit your throat" originally.

Which isn't really offensive but more of a fact of life, especially since ISIS is around in this day and age.

"Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face/
It's barbaric but hey, it's home."

I remember because my friends and I memorized the lyrics from our walkmen before the VHS came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

ElGroucho posted:

I just don't get the appeal, man

Tangled was so much better

Little girls hardly ever get anything cool marketed to them so it thrives in the vacuum.

Elsa has loving superpowers.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

The Taint Reaper posted:

There's actually a shitload of girl poo poo like that,

Hell Disney bought a large share in Hasbro because 3 out of their 5 major brands are all girls toys.

Define "shitload." Go to Target and there are some 3-4 pink aisles and half of them are for babies (immediately followed by the all-purpose baby toys section). Then there are some 8-10 blue aisles that blend into the sports equipment section.

Girls can dream about being in high school like Monster High/Bratz girls, getting a job like Barbie, or bringing snow people to life/freezing their enemies/being a queen with a great singing voice. And they have a pretty feature length movie that isn't straight-to-dvd garbage.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

The Taint Reaper posted:

Bratz isn't even around anymore that was replaced by Monster High. Hasbro's littlest Pet shop and My Little Pony are two massive juggernauts that monopolize any toy isle.

A monopoly of the girl toy kiosk, flanked on all sides by the frosty blue Frozen department.

RAGE HOLE
Jun 7, 2006

Stendhal Stockholm

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hasbro has the rights to the Frozen toys.

whaaaaaat is your pooooooint

• Locked thread