Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Rotten Cookies posted:

It always seems to be that way. The Rangers NEVER seem to be getting bounces. The Isles, on the other hand, just seem to get divine intervention on the reg.

The Rangers get them a lot whenever they're NOT playing the Isles. Not so much when playing the Isles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

:siren: Perron!....maybe
Edit: yep, good goal.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
That is puck on stick there

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Gonna be dumb if they take that one back.

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

yellowcar posted:

trade emelin nooooooooooooooooooow

Want Vinny Lecavalier?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
And yes if anyone can explain why Dallas is the 3rd best team in the league at generate shots and goals at even strength per minute of 5 on 5 ice time, but 2nd last on the PP I bet the Stars have a job for you.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Menamino posted:

how quickly everyone has forgotten strome's bottom of the crossbar shot that found a way to not bounce in

the rangers got more chances that period, but strome's near miss was still the best chance (besides martin's obviously)

Nah, not in terms of shooting luck. This whole year the Rangers seem to have pucks bounce over their sticks at crucial times, pucks will bounce away from them right to the opponents' sticks.

Where as the Isles seem to be puck magnets in comparison. Pucks seem to come to them no matter the situation.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Perron has more goals this season with the Pens then the Oilers, and he's only played like 9 he's so far.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Spezza isn't dead :unsmith:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
So if Emelin gets suspended and the Habs look better without him will that finally be enough to get Therrien to leave him out of the team?

The Duke of Avon
Apr 12, 2011

Starsfan posted:

And yes if anyone can explain why Dallas is the 3rd best team in the league at generate shots and goals at even strength per minute of 5 on 5 ice time, but 2nd last on the PP I bet the Stars have a job for you.

I was just going to ask what the deal was with the Stars' PP but I guess the answer is that nobody knows?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

evenworse username posted:

So if Emelin gets suspended and the Habs look better without him will that finally be enough to get Therrien to leave him out of the team?

"OK boys we got lucky deer dose lass two games"

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

More fracking ads, man they really aren't happy about the governor change are they?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I dunno if he was doing this in Edmonton or not but Perron is so damned good. So so very good.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Perron owns, hornqvist owns

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

Rotten Cookies posted:

"OK boys we got lucky deer dose lass two games"

Get off the internet, Michel, shots are 28-18 Dallas ffs.

Coach something, for the love of christ.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Well that was a loving thing.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Downie is going to feast on someone's innards

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Isles are sitting back defensively , does not bode well.

Okay, they're doing things.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Want Vinny Lecavalier?

deal

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

The Duke of Avon posted:

I was just going to ask what the deal was with the Stars' PP but I guess the answer is that nobody knows?

they are going to be an interesting case study of a team where they do well 5 on 5 possession play - probably top 10 in the league by year end - but are historically awful at every other facet of the game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The Duke of Avon posted:

The answer is "fire Fraser holy poo poo".

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

:siren: HORNQVIST

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

:siren: Welcome back Horny!

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

myron cope posted:

Perron owns, hornqvist owns

Yeah, they've been excellent acquisitions. Sadly, Ehrhoff hasn't panned out as much.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

:siren: Horny :siren:

Suck it jets.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

well, at least it looks like washington might lose too

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Alright, I guess the PP is just better without Sid and Geno :shrug:

St. Dogbert
Mar 17, 2011
I don't want to criticize the city of Detroit for wanting to have a(nother) nickname, but... They do know what "the D" means now, right?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

:siren: Hornqvist you hockey god you :siren:

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Connor Murphy is getting hosed up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

The answer is "fire Fraser holy poo poo".

Yeah but I'm sorry if you put San Jose's or Washington's guys out there with Fraser coaching them, they would still figure out a way to look dangerous. At some point talent should take over.

By some metrics our players are just as good as the guys on those teams. It's just inexplicable how the only other team in the league who is as bad as them on the PP is Buffalo.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Neal is awesome and it sucked to see him go but goddamn Hornqvist is just awesome

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

St. Dogbert posted:

I don't want to criticize the city of Detroit for wanting to have a(nother) nickname, but... They do know what "the D" means now, right?

Destitute?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh hey, I was at this game once. :(

I was at Washington / CBJ until the end of the first. My brother, who was at the game and has serious medical issues, had to leave at that point, so we all bailed. Listened to the second on the radio. Watching the game on TV now.

Continue to go the Jackets, bitch.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
yoman rosi :frogsiren:

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was at Washington / CBJ until the end of the first. My brother, who was at the game and has serious medical issues, had to leave at that point, so we all bailed. Listened to the second on the radio. Watching the game on TV now.

Continue to go the Jackets, bitch.

Hope your brother is ok dude

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

myron cope posted:

Neal is awesome and it sucked to see him go but goddamn Hornqvist is just awesome

He also doesn't knee/elbow people in the head like crazy, so I am less worried about him getting a nice stretch of suspension time.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

Karnegal posted:

Alright, I guess the PP is just better without Sid and Geno :shrug:

I think they were just missing Hornqvist's net front presence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I realize that I used "awesome" twice there, so replace one with "great" so I don't sound like a moron

• Locked thread