Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

E. because I want to be the space pirate equivalent to a bullied nerd that can now get his revenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

60%

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Goin with A

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I C nothing going wrong with this

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

FireSight posted:

D The very fact that you were able to dock and board the ship without being noticed, and doing so UNINTENTIONALLY, shows a serious flaw in the Explorators systems. He just lost a lot of his bargaining power with you, because it's shown that his setup has been incompetent. That said, we are willing, out of our respect to him and his brethren, to allow the Magos the honor of watching the ship being raised... if they can provide us with the required fuel.

Yes please.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Plan Kai

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

I feel like C is maybe our best bet. "Obstructing business" is a rule that's left open to flexible interpretation and we don't have a ton of power (comparatively) to allow us to just blithely do whatever we want without consequence...we aren't a Winterscale, at least not yet...but with some schmoozing, some bribing (courtesy of the Mechanicus' expense account), and our brand new heretekal servoskull buddy to maybe do some surreptitious hacking for us on the side, I think we could swing it. Obviously we don't want to go indebting ourselves to anyone in the process, but cutthroats being cutthroats I'm sure someone on Footfall would be happy to help arrange for a competitor's downfall...so long as we take precautions for the inevitable betrayal (see; servoskull, heretekal).

This. I feel that given the resources we now have we can easily gather enough intel on the surrounding area to procure the necessary human resources without getting implicated heavily in either slavery or bad relations with Footfall.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Brownview posted:

B (and I voted in the poll)

I feel like A sounds more fun but B sounds more like what you do when trying to build an empire.

I like this reasoning so I vote B

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A keep a low profile until our ship is voidborn.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Slaan posted:

Having to hire in or use allies to take down mining scum? No, I think not. We will be laughing stocks if we do. We need to do this fast and hard- ourselves.

D.

This

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

CF3

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Arkanomen posted:

roCk out with our gloCk out!

Yes

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Outrail posted:

A. Sorry kids, but why would you live here if you didn't want to be meat-robots?

This. Id feel sad but it is 40k

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Actually it's a case study in the (lack of) ethics in mob rule.

So for once we can say "actually it's about ethics in Rogue Trader CYOAs" and it's TRUE?!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Give them the D.

I smell another mash up!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Klingtron posted:

A We only have so many limbs to lose

This

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Charles Spacekins posted:

He was checked in his spaceships by the archaeobells ringing out the rustiestiest peals he had ever heard. Wash, Wang, Warper, Wing, Wong, Daemons. Nell, Nong, Ning, Geller, Blang, Blash! Oh, glorious, glorious!

Running to the hologram, he sanctioned it on, and put out his stirring, cold cold, piping for the blood to dance to; Golden sunlight; Heavenly One; sweet Emperah; merry Omnissiah. Oh, glorious. Glorious!

"What's to-day?" cried Prosper, calling downward to a Ork in MekMens clothes, who perhaps had loitered in to look about him.

"Eh?" returned the Ork, with all his might of wonder.

"What's to-day, my fine fellow?" said Prosper.

"To-day?" replied the boy. "Why, Prosper Day."

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Only Telepathy is worthy of a Rogue Trader. The rest are mercenary trinkets, mere parlor tricks compared to the power of absolute command!

this!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Stay and learn Maglev Grace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

B

• Locked thread