Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fr. Merrilac

"I agree we should try to find a car and driver", the priest agrees after some hesitation. "Though, that will, in necessity mean another who knows that we're headed toward Lyon. As for the question of when to form a pack, we have Miss Mercer's opinion, but what of the rest of you? Do we summon a spirit to deal with now, or wait?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
Christoph Baumhauer

Having otherwise very little to say on the matter due to a lack of knowledge beyond shy inference from traded words and observation, having watched over the preceding few hour in part, Christoph chimes in with the little he has.

"What urgency is in forming this pack? No firm challenge meant, but it seems to draw on connections that do not yet exist. I would be open to 'enlightenment'."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As the pack descends from the ruined castle, after they have agreed that their best method of transportation is going to be one of the new automobiles, it is decided it would be best to get someone else to drive for them, or at the very least procure transport. Looking out over the French countryside, Christoph notices, several miles off, what appears to be a small farm house, with a light on the front porch that flickers on and off. After pointing it out to the group, they make the decision to head there as their first stop, and take the first steps on a very long journey.

Close to an hour passes as the pack moves through the wilderness, the full moon overhead offering the only light. A wooden fence bars their way, but is easily cimbed, and the werewolves find themselves in a waist high field of grass; there, with a wagon and a car outside, is the farm house that had been spied by the Ghost Wolf. One of the windows is lit up, but covered with curtains on the inside.

To their right is a large barn, where they hear the nickering of horses, most likely to be used with the wagon. Eleanor stops the others as she notices a twin pair of lights coming from further up the dirtpacked road. She is unable to gauge its speed, but with the way the lights are bouncing, it'll likely be a minute or two, if only due to the road being so rough.

Christoph spots a farm house with 3 successes on a perception check, and Eleanor gets 2 to notice a car coming towards the house. You guys are in a field near the house and a barn, so whatever approach you wanna take, you got a short amount of time to do it in. Since it's Valentine's day I'm gonna say I'll wait until Sunday for posts, since I'm not gonna make you pretend to be werewolves on Valentine's. :v:

Though if I get a post from everyone I'll update the 14th regardless.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

A beast of either hooves or steel held their exit, and neither were quiet. On the supply lines behind a prussian advance, great rattling engines deafened conversation and few too often called the shelling of artillery fire down on it's racket. Horses, on the other hand, were wary at best of the wolf's scent.

Christoph moves in closer towards the road or path.

Going to give both the barn and the car a slightly closer inspection.

How should this play out? I'm thinking Cause a distraction with the horses and steal the car, wait for the car coming down the road to make it here and see what it may be, or even just knock, explain that we're with the resistance, and need a ride to Lyon.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Markus Mann

Markus had agreed with Christoph about a pack totem. "Finding a pack totem willing to support a pack like us will be hard, especially when we don't know each other yet. Besides, we don't have much time. We should get this imprisoned vampire out of our enemy's hands first."

"The people in the farm are likely asleep. If we wake them, we'll have to deal with both them and the driver. Deal with the driver, we probably won't have to deal with the people on the farm." He moved forward. "Hiding was never my strongest skill. And Father Merrilac is local. Between the two of us, we can speak French, German and English. The rest of you wait nearby. We'll see if I can convince him to help us out of his free will. If it comes down to it, we'll force them to drive us to Lyon."

We can't just steal the car, since none of us now how to drive it. So we'd either have to convince someone to steer it for us. I'm all for going after the car we know works and has an able driver.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Father Merillac

"Agreed", the priest says, watching the car approach. "Let us hope we are persuasive. From a merely practical standpoint, Lyon is some way away, and there will probably be checkpoints. If we can not convince him to act out of his own free will, the driver will have many opportunities to betray us between here and there. Also, best, I think, if Christoph, the Pure, and I do most of the talking. It would be hard to explain what Brazilians and especially Welshwomen are doing here."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Felipe Guimarães

Felipe grins when they see the incoming car, listening carefully while the pack plans. "I can be pretty persuasive myself if you know what I mean." he says cracking his knuckles. "Let's try to get the drop on this car. I agree that with the language barrier my threats may be lost a little but someone can translate it to the driver. I only hope he's alone..."

I have mediocre Stealth but decent Intimidation with (Specialty: Physical Threats), I could try pouncing on the car and yelling in a foreign language to scare the poo poo out of the driver.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

Advancing towards the parked vehicle off the farmhouse path, yet still holding just out of the porch light's glow, Christoph would mix the plotting ideas with a few of his own, passing a half formed plan in suggestion.

"We call the driver to stop, our own automobile in disrepair, or empty of fuel, perhaps." His thumb stuck towards the empty car. "Father, the French are your people. Speak with him, if his heart is with France, or the krauts. Were it either way, we are among the rebels, or simple travelers."

There was still time before the vehicle arrived, giving just enough time to consider their alternatives, looking over the varied collection of faces in their gathering.

"Five wanderers, so divergent, it may be suspect. Perhaps only few standing men and their companion hounds?" He'd suggest.

For Dyne: Is this road obviously a Road? Or is it more of a driveway for the farm? Could be important if the car is headed this way to visit the farmhouse.

It's only an incidental encounter so there's probably not enough cause to think really deeply into it, but just accounting for some things. Might be convincing to have a few of us in full wolf form, and a few of us acting as stranded travelers. Epicurius's character has streetwise out the rear end, so in just a few spoken words he could probably tell if we'd want to tell the driver we're associated with the resistance in order to get him to drive us there. Else, yeah, we could intimidate the driver, put a gun to his head, and worry about convincing him later.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Good question on the road bit. It is, in essence, an actual road, but it pretty well stops alongside the farmhouse; it hasn't been developed any further, so whoever is coming down this way either has no clue it's dead ending, or is intent on visiting the farmhouse. I'm going to update in a few hours so get your planning done!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

poo poo, I guess it might be better to wait out until the car arrives at the farmhouse then, before we jump out at the driver.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

"I agree that the father should do the talking. It is unlikely that we might find a sympathizer out here, in such a rural place - but just in case, the Pure can step in where needed. I'll stay back, in the dark, but I'll keep my eyes open, just in case. As should the rest of you. Let's see who drives this car before you approach them." Eleanor had been tempted to defy Markus again when he stepped forth with his plan, but there was a time and place for such things. The mission came first.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
With it agreed that Father Merillac and Markus should, at the very least, be the ones to act as the pack's faces with the current threat, the two of them headed towards the house while Christoph moves towards the barn. As they do, Elaine ducks down low in the high grass, keeping still and quiet, while Felipe simply reverts to the Urhan form, using it to slink low in the grass and remain unseen. Thankfully, the three reach the respective buildings before the car arrives, and they take cover out of line of sight.

A minute passes before the vehicle pulls up, its headlights bathing the yard in unnatural light. There is a sharp command spoken in German, and there is the sound of several people disembarking from the vehicle. After a moment, a tall, muscular figure steps out in front of the car, a blade at his hip and a pistol in his hand. The man wears a black, leather trench coat with a wide buckle belt and an officer's cap; he speaks with a sharp, German accent, and points his gun towards the farmhouse. "<You two! The house! One of you around back!>" He pauses, looking out over the field of grass for a moment; as he glares out towards Elaine and Felipe, two men in black uniforms slip towards the house, armed with short-barreled shotguns.

The officer snorts and turns, motioning away from the vehicle and towards the barn. "<You, check the barn!>" After a moment, the engine dies and the headlights go out, before moonlight once again allows everything to be naturally lit. A final man, wielding only a pistol and wearing a brown uniform, clambers from the driver's seat and heads towards the barn, looking around cautiously. From where Christoph is standing, he can see a fifth man sitting in the back of the car, but he is obscured greatly and concealed by shadows.

Markus and the Father hear one of the men climb the short steps to the porch, and after a moment he hammers at the door. He bellows out a command, first in German, again in French, and a third time in English. "Open up! Police!" Mercifully, the other soldier has gone around the other side of the house, leaving Markus and Merillac undetected for the time being.

The car has arrived and everyone is currently hidden from sight. One soldier is at the door, another is on the opposite side of the house from Markus and the Father, one is crossing the yard to the barn, and an officer stands at the car. Christoph is aware of a fifth man in the car, but no one else can see him.

I had fully intended to use images for this but I can't find a good picture of a Nazi officer in a trench coat, though you all should know the image I'm invoking here. My GIS results were mostly chubby nerds wearing replica uniforms and fedoras and standing in their grandma's kitchen, which does not rightly evoke a strong sense of Germanic dickheadishness.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

Christoph was standing alone by the broad side of a barn when the situation took an obvious turn for the dire, and since most people could conceivably hit the broad side of a barn, it didn't feel like the safest place to be.

Three men, now four, all armed piling out of the vehic- no wait, five- le, although the fifth figure seemed content to remain in back. All dressed to mimic, or mock, the very night with such black soldier's grief, the unnerved looking man in brown not withstanding. The shouting and weapons made it a little obvious it wasn't a social visit, putting Christoph in the mind to put distance between them.

Assuming there's no obvious reason I wouldn't be able to, I would like to sneak over to the door of the barn and enter, the back door specifically, or whichever is facing away from the house if one exists.

Also, can I assume both of my guns have one full load in them? 5 each, rifle and shotgun. And if someone would like to now specify that they took me up on my offer of borrowing the shotgun, now would be the time to.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Father Merillac

Father Merillac looks at the man at the door and specifically his shotgun, and then at the Pure. He points to the guard and the officer, and then brings his hand up to his neck and runs his finger across it while he looks at Markus inquisitively.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Markus Mann

Markus kept himself low as other Germans filed out of the car. The man in brown was the driver. That one had to be kept alive. The man in the trench coat managed to get Markus' attention though. Would that be one of those SS backstabbing bitches? Markus felt some shame at the rage he felt. It was a remainder of his human years that he hadn't managed to purify out of himself yet. But Grumir-Ur forgive him, he wanted to be the one to tear his head of his black-leatherclad body.

He whispered to the frenchman. "The two of us take out the leader. Scatter and hunt down the rest. Let me see if they're all human."

I'll use Scent of Taint. Wits + Occult + Purity makes a dicepool of 5, I'll let Dyne roll it. This only works on people within 20 yards. It does not tell me WHAT kind of supernatural, or even who the supernatural one is, just 'yes or no'. (on an exceptional success, I know who the supernatural is, but not what kind) Werewolves and wolfblooded are not detected. If there are any powers active on their side to hide their supernatural stuff, it becomes a contested roll.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Markus turns back to the group of Germans and pauses, a scent causing the hair on the back of his neck to stand on end. Something was not right in the natural order of things, and while he couldn't tell exactly what, he knew one thing for certain: the supernatural was afoot. Meanwhile. Christoph slowly and carefully slips around to the back of the barn, finding a small back door to use. He enters, shutting the door behind him. A horse in a stall across from him begins to whinny and panic, rearing back and slamming his hooves against the door holding him back. The ruckus rouses other horses to panic as well, and outside, the officer takes notice of it.

The man in the brown uniform freezes and takes a step back, but the officer is behind him quickly. "<Something riled those horses! Stay by the car, you imbecile, I will check this out!>" The officer draws his sword and pistol and moves towards the barn, while the driver backpedals into the car. The soldier at the house glances over to the barn and shakes his head, before going back to hammering on the door.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Markus Mann

His expression soured. "There's something rotten here. Some of these aren't all human. Don't take them lightly" The SS-er seems the most likely. He seemed to have command of these people. The others were likely just pawns. Unless they were all supernatural in some way. Then he pointed to himself and Father Merrilac, and then to the officer, following up with a finger over his neck, then he pointed at Felipe and towards the browncoat near the car and mimed a blow to the head.

When the trenchcoat man moved to investigate the stables, it was clear the time to relax was over.

Shift into Gauru: 8d10o10h8 3 I shift into Gauru form, but that's my action for the turn. I can maintain it for 6 rounds.

The bearded man changes, his body absorbing the clothes he has into him as he takes another shape. If there was any confusion about whether the German thought it was time for fight, that was gone now. The Gauru form was only taken when the time for words and silence had past. His mouth shifted into a brutal maw, fingers turned into vicious claws. Markus' pelt was dark brown, with a few patches that showed old burn scars instead of fur, mementos of his education. The rage in Markus' mind towards the black clad erupted in an inferno. There'd be blood today.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Felipe Guimarães

Felipe wolf ears are up when the noises are heard from the barn. "Dammit, guess the time for subtlety is over!" he thinks. The bushes around him start to shake a little as he channels all his fury into becoming something feral. With the light of a full moon over him Felipe turns into the wild, growling Dalu form. The half-Felipe form with dark grey fur leaps at the nazi officer, seeking to swipe his legs and knock him down.

Ok Shogeton said that since its full moon I can shapeshift for free because of my Rahu auspice, going into Dalu mode. I'm gonna brawl the officer. I have Mighty Bound Strength gift so I imagine I can leap to this fucker.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 19, 2015

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fr. Merillac

Merillac nods. The Pure makes good sense. But he is in no good fighting form right now. Not for the type of combat they find themselves in. So, he prays. "Mother Mary of the moon, grant me the strength of righteousness.", he says under his breath.

Shifting into Urshul: 7d10o10h8 6 Extraordinary success!

At that, the man is gone, and what is there instead is a wolf, or what would be a wolf to a man in a fever dream. It stands four foot high at the shoulder, its head seems improbably big, and its teeth....are indescribable. With a growl, Fr. Merillac leaps at the officer, fangs bared, going for the man's throat.

Biting the Officer: 6d10o10h8 3

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

In the blink of an eye, the situation has devoled into violence. Eleanor is hardly squeamish, especially not after her Change, but still she sighs in frustration. She'd wanted to learn more before leaping into action. Still, as her compatriots take on more appropriate form for battle, so does she. Unlike the Pure, however, she resists giving into her rage completely. To be Gauru would do more harm then good here, so for the second time that day she finds herself changing to match the near-human form. And as she does, her rage boils, but still she does not come forth from her hiding place. She is not a front-line fighter like the soldiers are. Let the Germans think they have the advantage, and then she will surround them.

Spending one essence point to shift to Dalu. Waiting.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

As in IRC, as in thread. I'd like to rush up to the hayloft or whatever elevated point in the barn I can find with some kind of overlooking window of the yard in front of the farmhouse. I'd like to peek out of cover and lay some shots on any Nazi's(Brownshirt excluded) that weren't currently in a tangle with the hasty wolves.

Also, Wahad, it was just a part I was thinking, but if in the chaos you wanted to slip into the passenger seat of the truck just to cut short any escape attempts, it may help.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Inside the barn, Christoph takes the ladder to the hayloft in no time flat, throwing himself prone and shimmying to the open door. Before him, he gets a wide view of the field below, with the officer approaching and the man in the back seat of the car watching intently. Bringing his rifle up, he figures he'll be able to take a clean shot on anyone but the man behind the house, so long as they aren't tangled in melee.

As the officer passes by him, Felipe leaps from the bushes, transforming from a simple wolf into a horrific wolfman, and lunges for the officer. The man is taken off guard, and when Felipe barrels into him, is knocked flat on his back. A moment later, the massive dire wolf form of Father Jean joins the melee, biting deep into the officer's shoulder, who cries out in terror and pain. Behind him, the driver gapes in horror, turning to a complete deer in the headlights; he turns away after a moment and promptly slumps against the hood of the car before falling to the ground in a slump.

With Eleanor and Markus holding back for the moment either due to sluggishness or the want for control of the battlefield, Christoph sights in on the man standing at the door and fires once; the man, having turned to look at the melee, staggers into the wall from the shot going through his chest, and he cries out in pain, looking up for the source of the shot; Christoph, thankfully, is difficult to see in the dark, and has at least some cover. In his panic, he raises his shotgun and fires wildly at the dire wolf, forgetting about the officer.

Since I'm not sure what Eleanor has planned, but know that Felipe is likely to start punching the fucker, I am going to let Wahad choose when to interrupt; I'll count as delaying into the next turn so you can act whenever.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782443/ Felipe deals 3 damage, enemy knocked prone.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782445/ Rolled bonus dice to reflect the +2 for hitting prone enemies; Jean still only deals 3 damage.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782455/ 4 hits for Christoph, got a 10 and 9 to reroll
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782456/ No bonus damage
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782475/ German 1 hits Jean for 4 damage, shotgun rolls on 9 again
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782476/ And another 9.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4782478/ And done. 5 damage total

Initiative
Christoph: 18 init, 8 health base
German 2: 17 init, 7 health, 2 defense, suffered 4 lethal damage
Felipe: 14 init, 1 armor v bash, 7 health base, 9 health in Dalu
German 1: 13* init, 7 health, 2 defense
Eleanor: 13 init, 7 health base, 9 heath in Dalu
Jean: 12* init, 8 health base, 11 health in Urshul, 5 bashing damage suffered
Officer: 12 init, 8 health, 1 armor, 3 defense, suffered 6 lethal damage
Markus: 6 init, 8 health base, 12 health in Gauru

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 20, 2015

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fr. Merillac

The wolf priest yelps as the shotgun shot penetrates his flesh and he raises his muzzle and lets out a fierce growl. But then he goes back to chewing on the officer, whipping his head back and forth, shaking the man..

Resolve + Composure to avoid Death rage: 6d10o10h8 1
Attacking the Officer again: 6d10o10h8 2
Bonus dice for attacking a prone figure: 2d10o10h8 2

Also, they're shooting us. Isn't that lethal damage, not bashing?

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 21, 2015

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Markus Mann

Rage boiled through his blood and mind as Markus snarled at the nazis. Any of the usual guilt, distrust and repulsion he'd feel about being near the Forsaken was drowned out by the pumping of the blood in his veins. Life became so eminently simple when he was like this. There was pack, there were distractions and there were enemies.The officer was already down. Too slow to kill. Already Dead. Another enemy stood. It hurt the other of the pack. He smelled its blood from another attack along with the gunpowder from its shotgun. Kill.

The hulking figure charged forward at him, raising an arm the size of a large branch, with claws the size of knives. With a brutal downward claw, he sought to rend the enemy from top to bottom..

Strength 6 in Gauru form + 3 Brawl + 1 specialization in claws +1 strength of claws -2 defence= 9 dice Attack German 2: 9d10h8 3 Three lethal damage, should be enough to kill him.
And yeah, we take lethal from guns. Not too much to worry as those wounds will heal relatively quickly (should be fine in 75 minutes), and you can always spend one essence per turn without giving up your action to heal. Jean should also make a Resolve + Compsure roll for suffering 5 damage in one strike,. If he fails, he goes in Death Rage

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Until I find a specific ruling saying otherwise, and because I think it better fits the pulp mood of the game, I'm going to say that werewolves in all forms only suffer bashing damage from STANDARD firearms; I intend to throw bigger poo poo than shotguns at you, like tanks, and those can deal lethal and worse.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

Christoph lowered his aim to resight on the toppled german when his narrow gaze was overtaken by a mass of roaring and rage, the breed of anger he'd only glimpsed in dreams and half formed memories. Gauru. To find one's self a bleeding visage of the war form, alone in the shrapnel burnt crater of artillery fire was a memory one is glad to repress.

Getting the ragged wolf out of his sights, he'd bear down on whomever else was unengaged.

I'm not sure if German 1 is the brown shirted driver or the one from behind the house, but if I can see him and he's not the driver, I shoot.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

Eleanor unslung the shotgun that Christoph had given her with some unease. Although she had killed before, she took no pleasure in it, not even when those killed were her mortal enemies. She was, first and foremost, a healer, as opposed to a soldier. But prevention was the best medicine, they said, so with swift, quiet strides, Eleanor closes the distance, a lean, harsh figure crouched over in the darkness as the wolves and germans tear into eachother. On the porch, a bullet buries itself into one of the krauts, and in return she quickly raises her own gun and fires. The distance is short. She can't miss.

Stealth at 5d10o10h8=1. Not so stealthy, I guess.
Shootyshoot at 3d10o10h8=1. Four damage, guy dies... presuming I did it right.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Eleanor, using her stealth to her advantage, works her way around the car to catch the soldier at the door by surprise. She comes up nearly point blank on him and unloads with the shotgun, his body contorting as he is knocked back by the force of the blast. The german hits the ground, dead. This is the end of round one; I took Eleanor as using her interrupt chance for this.

Christoph, sighting no other targets, holds his fire for the moment. He watches patiently, knowing there's one more soldier but not knowing where he'd come running in from. As he does so, Felipe growls and delivers a final, vicious kick to the ribs of the officer, crushing them inwards. The officer gurgles in pain and coughs up blood, curling up to die quietly. From behind the house emerges the other soldier, and once Christoph has him in his sights, he fires, putting a shell clean through the man's stomach.

Unsure of where to return fire but seeing Eleanor, the soldier opens fire on the woman with his submachine gun, with several burying into the female werewolf's flesh. She turns and fires her shotgun, but miraculously, even at this range, he is mostly unharmed. Jean and Markus, with their original target dead, see that their packmate has been wounded, and in unison bound towards the unfortunate soldier. When he sees the hulking form of Markus, he screams; in short work, he is silenced by the wolf and the garou.

With the obvious threats dead and the driver out cold, and more noses closer to the car, attention is diverted to the man in the back of the vehicle. However, closer inspection reveals the man is, in fact, dead; an old bullet wound sits smack in the center of his forehead, and there are numbers tattooed onto his wrist and the side of his neck; below his neck tattoo sits two deep pin pricks. The man's hands are bound and he wears the uniform of a prisoner; by the looks of things, he has long been dead.

Sorry for the combat delay!

Eleanor: interrupts at end of initiative for first round, 4 damage on German 1, DEAD GERMAN
Christoph: delay until German 2 rounds corner
Felipe: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786705/ deals 4 damage to officer, OFFICER DEAD
Christoph: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786706/ deals 4 damage to german 2
German 1: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786707/ returns fire, dealing 3 damage to Eleanor
Eleanor: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4786708/ deals no damage to German 2
Markus:3 damage on german 2, dead german

Markus can shift back from Garou, but I don't think Eleanor needs a deathrage check.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

Wiping the short bit of sweat from his brow and letting the ringing in his ears die down, Christoph takes a step back, refocusing from rifle sights to the entire field below, blood and bodies and the general wind of fresh conflict, although this felt different. Minuscule, but still noted. Even accounting for the badly mauled and mangled germans lying in disarray, the field still felt as pristine and timeless as it had when they arrived, and probably had always been. The fighting was ungentlemanly, but it left the earth less cracked with soot and trenches this way. It felt right.

However, what didn't feel right, were the heavy tromping beasts corralled in the barn with him. Sensitive, disruptive things. Christoph takes a deep breath.

Urshul shift 6d10: 6d10o10h8 2

The rifle dropping from his grip as he fell forward, slipping into the baleful shape with a coughing fit.

Now more than himself, he'd turn back, gripping the edge of the hayloft as he'd turn to wherever the horse pens were situated, giving them a long death glare.

Since important combat is over, I'm going to mess with the drat loudmouth horses a bit. Growl at em, freak em out, that kinda stuff.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

Pain flares through her shoulder, but it is brief. The nurse in her would tend to her wounds immediately, but the primal fury of her form dismisses it. Pain is temporary, wounds are insignificant. Luna provides. With a shake of her head and a grunt, she reloads the shotgun - just to be sure - and walks over to the others, to make sure they're okay. Her glance briefly rolls over the car, and the dead man, causing her brow to furrow. "Why would they take a dead prisoner here? Something's not right." She walks over to the car, resting the gun against its side as she opens the door and checks the man for other wounds, but focusing on the jabs in his neck. Syringes?

Medicine to see if I can determine what they did to the man (other than shoot him): 6d10=3 successes.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Markus Mann

Markus throttled his rage, allowing him to return to a hishu form, taking a few seconds and a few deep breaths to let the rage pass. "Something is... or was around that is not simply human. Might just be a light taint. Might be they are not human at all. Unless the inhumanity is within the house. The Pure takes his time to be thorough with the fallen Germans, a bootheel crushing down on the windpipes of all but the fainted driver.

He smelled the air again. Was the taint less now that they had taken care of these prey, or was there still some monster lurking around?

Dice pool of 5 for Scent of Taint again

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Christoph's transformation and resulting menacing actions adequately spook the horses beyond all reason; one rears back, slamming itself into the door of its pen and opening it. With a route of escape open, the horse bolts, skidding to a halt and rearing once it sees the others outside, including Felipe in his Dalu form. The horse bolts in the only direction it can, and unfortunately tramples the brown suited driver as he lies in the path of least resistance.

Once the horse has done its damage, Markus stalks the fallen Nazis, crushing their throats with his boot; beyond a shadow of a doubt, the Nazis are dead, but the smell of the supernatural hangs in the air still. Eleanor finds numerous scars, lacerations, and burn marks on the deceased prisoner; he seems to have been tortured extensively. The marks on his neck seem too thick and too shallow to have been syringes, and from the look of the body, he seems to have been dead for quite some time.

Behind her, the door to the farmhouse swings open, and a man wielding what looks to be an ancient broadsword steps out, screaming in French. "<I will not go quietly, you dogs! You must kill me or I will cause eternal suffering within your horrible little camps! I->" He staggers as he stops his sword mid-swing, looking in shock at the dead Nazis and, especially, Markus, who stands with the officer's throat under his heel. "<Mother Mary, they are dead?>" He lowers his weapon, looking Markus over, before catching glimpse of Felipe. He raises the sword once more, panic in his face; he speaks now with accented English. "You ARE dogs! Mssr. Corbin had warned me of you types, this blade, it is silver! Come no closer, or I-"

The man's rant is cut off again as he spots Eleanor inspecting the body in the back of the car, and his panic heightens. "Corbin! My friend! What have they done to you! BACK, DOG! BACK! GET AWAY FROM HIM!" There is menace in his voice, but the man makes no move towards the car beyond pointing his silvered blade at Eleanor.

e: Minor clarification on language. I'll use < > brackets for when it's in a language not everyone knows and preface it with the language; otherwise, it's English or a language everyone has picked up.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Mar 3, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Felipe Guimarães

Still with the blood pumping after the vicious fight with the Nazis, Felipe in Dalu form, turns to the Frenchman with the silver blade and growls at him. He knew enough that a silver blade would be bad news. Still, maybe he could be "convinced" to stand down.

He picks the nearest Nazi corpse and tries to tear it apart, yelling at the silver blade man meanwhile. "STAND DOWN FOOL! Do flash that thing at us, least you become our prey like these hated Nazis!"

Trying to Intimidate him
4 Strength + 1 Dalu Form + 2 Intimidation +1 (Specialty: Physical Threats)

8d10.hits(8)=0 well I just look foolish instead I guess

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fr. Merrilac

The giant wolf that is Fr. Merrilac looks at the man with the silver broadsword warily. Though his wolfish instincts urge him to flee at the silver, the human part of his mind has a deeper concern. The Herd Must Not Know. Must they kill this man, who sees them as neither wholly man or wolf, or is there some escape for him? He stands, at the alert, ready to jump at the man, in spite of the silver, while he waits to see what happens next.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Eleanor Mercer

"Your friend is dead, sir, at the hands of those you see before you. The Krauts presumably learned your location from the torture they inflicted on him." Eleanor says once Felipe finishes blustering ineffectively. Her voice is quiet and growly, but with an intensity to it that people would be wary to heed. "Put your sword away. We mean you no harm, but if you strike us first, you shall join Corbin in the afterlife." Her eyes are focused intently on the frightened farmer, without relenting, as she takes a few steps towards him. "Tell us instead why this scum is at your doorstep."

Intimidation to get him to cooperate: 5d10=1 success.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Markus Mann

Markus unleashed a string of harsh German invectives as the horses suddenly caused a huge mess, and more importantly, crushed their designated driver under their hooves. <goddamn loving wastes of breath poo poo factories>

And then the man comes out of the house and starts hurling insults, and it becomes so very tempting to add a few more corpses to the pile. But no, they need a driver, and since this man has a car, that makes him the candidate. And the smell of something tainted is STILL in the air. Those marks on the man. Could they have turned him into a leech? Or is it the newcomer?

Still, they were threatened. And of course, the Herd must Not Know. "If you knew about us, you would not think that a little knife, silver or not, would help you." He walked to the side, trying to make it harder for the man to keep all of them in his field of vision at the same time.

Intimidate the farmer: 5d10h8 0 Looks like the nurse is the most intimidating of all of us.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
The man swings his sword from Felipe to Markus and back, glaring at them in a panic. Their threats have done little more than panic him, and he seems ready to bolt, until Eleanor speaks to him. He whips in her direction and when he hears that the werewolves had not killed the man in the car, he lowers the sword slightly. "The Germans, they did this?" He looks around, seemingly as if noticing the dead on the ground for the first time, and he lowers the sword completely, putting a hand to his forehead. "Mon Dieu. You killed all of them. But Mssr. Corbin? You did not kill him?"

For a moment, the man seems to think, before he grins widely. "If it is not you who killed him, then there is still a chance! Louer le Christ!" He sets the broadsword down against the porch and quickly takes the steps, moving past Eleanor with a look of happiness, paying her no heed. He clambers into the car with the body and inspects it for a moment, before sticking his fingers in the corpse's mouth and wrenching the jaw open. He pulls a small pocket knife from his pants and slashes his wrist before putting it over the open mouth. He speaks in merry French, one hand under the body's jaw. "<Drink, my master! Drink, and awaken! We have guests to thank!>"

At first, nothing seems to happen, but Eleanor notices the corpse's throat convulsing as it tries to work. After a moment, there is a loud, dry gulp, and the body shudders. The skin seems to regain its tint, and the eyes snap open, looking demonic with burst blood vessels within the eyes themselves. The chained hands jerk upwards and grip the farmer's arm more tightly, and he hisses in pain as the vampire begins to gnaw at his arm, wanting more blood.

Within seconds, the farmer is pale, and the vampire is hale and hearty; it takes a moment for the vampire to regain his senses, and he releases the bloodied arm of his cohort, his face slick with blood. "<Alexander, my friend! Thank you so very much! I->" His French gratitude is interrupted; he notices the werewolves and bares his fangs, getting ready to bolt, until Alexander slumps his lap. Corbin looks down at him in pity and concern and then back up to the werewolves, bringing his elbows together and jerking his wrists apart, breaking the chains that bind him. "<Back, you wretches, back! I swear I will face my Final Death before you harm dear Alexander!>"

Raising his hand to the seat, the farmer struggles to sit up and shakes his head, speaking now in English, his voice soft and weak. "No, do not be alarmed, Mssr. They.. they helped us. They killed your captors. I believe they are friends of the resistance.." He leans his head back against the seat and groans, putting his bloodied forearm to his forehead. "I.. just need to drink and rest. I am sorry, Mssr. Corbin, and Mssrs. and Mme. Wolf. Please, let me rest, and then I will tend to you.." He trails off, slipping into unconscious. The vampire looks at him affectionately for a moment before clambering out of the car, reaching down to yank the manacles free from his ankles.

Corbin stands and dusts himself off, trying to put his hair back into place as he heads . He turns, hefting Alexander from the car, and starts towards the porch; he speaks with a heavy French accent, even in English. "Please, forgive my rudeness; the previous days, they have been quite the ordeal. For what it is worth to your type, I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for dealing with these.. pests." He kicks aside one of the dead nazis, smiling darkly at the werewolves. "Please, I know it is unnatural for our kind, but if you would be so kind to join me as my guests this evening? I can tell you are not simply tourists of our beautiful countryside, and I would do what I can to aide you; come, I will set my ghoul to rights and I will serve us teas, wines, pastries, whatever it may be you desire. Come, please." He shifts the unconscious man in his arms, handling him with the ease any mortal would handle a small bag of groceries, and opens the door to his home; he pauses, noticing the broadsword, and cautiously picks it up and pitches it towards the barn. "There. That nasty thing is now no longer in your path. Come, come, we have much to discuss."

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Christoph Baumhauer

Prior to the farmer ghoul of course

Well then... property and politeness aside, the horse had made its decision. No longer penned in and cornered, it was fair game. Maybe it was just instinct talking, though, but it spoke loud, and spoke well, Christoph already bounding out of the loft and into the field to chase the cowardly beast, fully intent to have a meal tonight.

Speed is 12 + 7 for Urshul form, bringing it up to 19. Should be able to catch it eventually.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Fr. Merrilac

The wolf convulses, and there Merrilac stands, fully man once again, and a suspicious one at that, in spite of the farmer's assurances. For all that the vampire had discarded the sword and bid them welcome, the priest is still uncertain about entering a vampire's abode. They were parasites and thieves of blood. But still, in the war against the Germans, one took one's allies where one could find them, not necessarily where one would like. And, it was not his way to show his fear. So, head held high, he walks into the house,

Back into a man: 7d10o10h8 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Felipe Guimarães

Felipe keeps his Dalu form even with all the nazis dead, this was just too convenient. He becomes highly suspicious of just meeting another vampire so soon, it was too convenient. He cautiously follows the vampire and his cohort to his house. "Grrrrr... Another vampire. Just how did these Nazis manage to capture on of you?"

• Locked thread