Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Nooner posted:

The first time I ever heard the term "War of Northern Aggression" was 19 or 20 and in a little museum in Lexington. There was no one there but me, my two friends and the curator who was giving us a tour and it made us California lefty dipshits feel kinda uncomfortable

dont feel bad your coasty state wasnt even a twinkle in lincoln's eye before the war ended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

dont feel bad your coasty state wasnt even a twinkle in lincoln's eye before the war ended

Ummmm... In 1849 there was a huge gold rush and lots of people moved here.

Youre really dumb.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

Ummmm... In 1849 there was a huge gold rush and lots of people moved here.

Youre really dumb.

sorry you feel inadequate about being a territory full of greasy-rear end gold miners (the period's equivalent to bitcoiners) during the war between the states

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

The Mad Archivist posted:

sorry you feel inadequate about being a territory full of greasy-rear end gold miners (the period's equivalent to bitcoiners) during the war between the states

Your words on the internet have certainly angered me.

Im so full of anger about what you have said.

:argh:

:rolleyes:

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

psyopmonkey posted:

Your words on the internet have certainly angered me.

Im so full of anger about what you have said.

:argh:

:rolleyes:
this is not a true authentic psyopmonkey post because you have not included the colbert smiley. you wont believe how hard im mashing the report button

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Nooner posted:

The first time I ever heard the term "War of Northern Aggression" was 19 or 20 and in a little museum in Lexington. There was no one there but me, my two friends and the curator who was giving us a tour and it made us California lefty dipshits feel kinda uncomfortable

I thought it was exclusively a sarcastic term of derision until I saw a white person in AZ use it unironically.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

i grew up in NC+ VA and i've never ehrad anyone call it that ever

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

I thought it was exclusively a sarcastic term of derision until I saw a white person in AZ use it unironically.

truly the only thing worse than having a shameful history is having none at all

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Libelous Slander posted:

this is not a true authentic psyopmonkey post because you have not included the colbert smiley. you wont believe how hard im mashing the report button

I only use the Colbert when Im making a point.

I also make sure my words make angles.

It works kinda like this.

:colbert:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nuclearmonkee posted:

The southern united states is a blighted shithole and generally filled with backwards reactionaries. Sorry OP.

the white people aren't all that great either

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
People go on about the war of northern aggression but the Northeast has those people who won't shut the gently caress up about the Moors and how they actually founded America and taught George Washington the secrets of Atlantis. So the North East revisionist history is probably worse.

Not only that, every black history month it's Moor central there in places like Patterson. Where the Moors did everything from domesticating animals to inventing the lightbulb and discovering America before anyone else did.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Frog Act posted:

nobody cares about the confederacy here in richmond except for it's the basis of our meagre rear end tourism industry. i once saw a bunch of japanese tourists at the tredegar ironworks and man i bet they were so dissapointed

they should replace the statue at lee circle with oderus urungus

hook a water line up so the cuttlefish of cthulu can spray alien jizz on passersby

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
Food for thought: The brilliant Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas notes that he experienced way more racism by so-called northeast liberals than he did in the rural deep south:

quote:

“The worst I have been treated was by northern liberal elites. The absolute worst I have ever been treated,” Thomas said. “The worst things that have been done to me, the worst things that have been said about me, by northern liberal elites, not by the people of Savannah, Georgia.”

http://news.yahoo.com/clarence-thomas-on-race-194104252.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
The justice that helped overturn the voting rights act. Lol.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Food for thought: The brilliant Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas notes that he experienced way more racism by so-called northeast liberals than he did in the rural deep south:

http://news.yahoo.com/clarence-thomas-on-race-194104252.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

this is surprising how? seeing as northern democrats wanted to sue for peace and went out of their way to accommodate the south before, during, and after the war?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
american by girth

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

LordArgh posted:

american by girth

same

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

Clarence Thomas is also bonkers.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

comes along bort posted:

they should replace the statue at lee circle with oderus urungus

hook a water line up so the cuttlefish of cthulu can spray alien jizz on passersby

i think thety should replace every statue with a statue of something a confederate general would hate the most. only statue we should keep is the hosed up one where it looks like arthur ashe is melting a bunch of children with his tennis racket staff

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

John Brown was one of the greatest Americans of all time.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
Santa leaves the South Pole traveling throughout the Southern Hemisphere then travels north along the International Date Line to confuse them Yankees, thus, giving the impression that his trip started up North some where.

So, how does this confirm that Santa is a Confederate? By his uniform and sleigh of course! Equipped and assisted by Confederate Artillery units under the supervision of Colonel E. Porter Alexander, Chief of Artillery, Santa was given a uniform from the Artillery corps and quietly changed it from gray with red piping to Red with white piping. His sleigh was a converted caisson. Research also indicates that the eight reindeer were brought over from Southern Norway on a blockade runner.

As you settle down for that long winters nap just remember that the rebel yell you hear in the middle of the night was not in your dreams but coming from your rooftop. Merry Christmas to all and Y’all have a good night – ya hear!

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

FreudianSlippers posted:

John Brown was one of the greatest Americans of all time.

speaking of Great Americans who don't get the recognition they deserve, check out gabriel prosser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabriel_Prosser

he was a virginian slave who tried to coordinate a rebellion in 1800 and ended up getting hanged for it. he had an extensive plan going on and before the authorities took it apart, if it had been executed, some historians think it would've had a very real chance of disrupting poo poo significantly. dude was a bad motherfucker, i live like two miles from where he met secretly with his co conspirators

:rip: badass forgotten slave rebels

STONE OF MADNESS
Dec 28, 2012

PVTREFACTIO
i'm american by birth AUSTRALIAN by choice you don't get much more southern than that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

STONE OF MADNESS posted:

i'm american by birth AUSTRALIAN by choice you don't get much more southern than that

actually australia is technically in massachusets

• Locked thread