Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
The Al'Kabor Project!

http://www.takproject.net/forums/
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3644018&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It's an emulation (now in Beta with just classic content) of EQMac which went up to the PoP expansion. It's very playable right now and you can run up to 3 characters at once. I've found that playing 2 or 3 characters at once alleviates a lot of the tedium that classic Everquest had because combat becomes so frantic. It also opens up way more content for those times you can't find groups, or can only find 1 or 2 other players in your level range. Way fun to dungeon dive with a friend who is also running 2 or 3 characters. The client is kind of old and lovely but you can get by just fine. If anything it just adds some challenge and quirk which some people like.

Goons seem to hate it, tho. Most of the interest in the thread here died off pretty quick :smith:. I'm sure it'll get better given time with regards to server stability and content release. P99 was rough when it first came out too. Try it now, if you don't like it, keep an eye on it and check back every few months.

Another goon and I are level 25 right now, I have a SK/Shaman/Mage and he has a Warrior/Druid. We're working on adding a Bard as his 3rd character then we will be able to tackle almost any content in the game with just us. The cool thing about the somewhat lovely client is for harder content you really can only play one character at 100% efficiency. 3-boxing still helps to open up a lot more options for solo/duo/trio play but still maintains the challenge and coordination required in late game raids, if that's your thing.

Dracneir fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread