Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
I live in a city with over a million people, but ifs probably not at the top of the list of population centers to nuke. There is a pretty big military base near here and I bet that would get owned first. I think because of the jet stream we would get the fall out from nuking the ground silos in South Dakota and poo poo.

I think most people would survive the nuke exchange but society would quickly collapse. Probably better to live in DC or NYC where a quick death is certain

How do you think your nuclear holocaust experience would go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

it wouldn't be all that bad. you'd see fewer people around and it'd be a little colder but that's about it.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
welli t wouldnt happen irl op because as everyone knows, nukes are a fiction invented with hollywood camera tricks to intimidate the soviets (the spec effets personage responsible were killed by the jews to keep secrets (the holocaust didn't happen))

but hypothetically if one were to believe the story the talking pictures tell to you, it would likely cause instand death in the targeted areas, with severe radiation poisoning and disease from hunger/poor hygene following attack causing waves of famine, illness, and death. markets would be disrupted, the lands would go barren from pollution, making a cascade effect out as supply chains are disrupted. then, the last remaining will be of the insane survivalist types living off whatever rations they have until they are either targeted by a more powerful warlord, or to when supplies are exhausted and meeting a similar fate as the earlier deaths.

hth op

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
itd be cool

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
It would be the bomb op 😆

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i have a stolen brita truck and a trailer full of biscuit mix so probably ok

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that poo poo would be awesome. i would survive but most of the weak rear end people i don't like would die in the initial blast. after the fallout clears i'd stalk the wasteland with a shotgun and rescue hot babes from weird cannibal dudes. then we'd have sex. gently caress yeah *is 500 lbs*

naem
May 29, 2011

My 2009 era zombie themed survival gear would come in handy for a couple weeks might be fun

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
BBC made a decent movie about this called "threads" and they all end up as tribal savages after a few decades

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
if nukes go off its pretty much all over. just gonna rape and murder until you are put down OP

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

:krad:

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

the bombs droppd in 1993 kriss kross was the signal wake up peoplle

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Cormac McCarthy has studied this extensively, and the first thing to go is quotation marks.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like dying slowly from radiation sickness would be a big bummer, OP

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
Watching the trails of an MIRV streaking towards your city would be a pretty good excuse to give up on life though

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Bishop posted:

BBC made a decent movie about this called "threads" and they all end up as tribal savages after a few decades

I watched this movie last night. I had to have some rum after, it's pretty :smith:. Pretty scarily realistic too, little dated and very British, but good.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

im in one of the clear places so probably just starve do death/get murdered in the nuclear winter

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i could eat a baby finally

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm moving to oregon

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm the grim dark future there is only Portland

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

naem posted:

I'm the grim dark future there is only Portland

what a strange name u have

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

OldMemes posted:

I watched this movie last night. I had to have some rum after, it's pretty :smith:. Pretty scarily realistic too, little dated and very British, but good.

Combine this movie with "The Day After" then for some minor levity with a topping of horror watch the 80's Twilight Zone "A Little Peace and Quiet".

http://youtu.be/YuzDtsZKDQw

naem
May 29, 2011

In season 7 of portlandia they take a knowing, self aware look at the irony experienced by young adults who are just old enough to remember the 1990's and their unique take on fallout shelters and canibalism

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the great west texas-portland war over the apocalyptic wastes

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Bishop posted:

There is a pretty big military base near here and I bet that would get owned first.
You're in luck, someone made a movie about this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEINQCKLHc

(Whitman AFB, major strategic base)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
ill be in my time cube

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
I have family in northern Maine. So I guess if poo poo looks like it's about to get real. I could go stay with them.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

im in one of the clear places so probably just starve do death/get murdered in the nuclear winter
this is the map I was thinking of. lol I'm so hosed by fallout I might as well just eat a bullet if poo poo goes down.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

Prettz posted:

You're in luck, someone made a movie about this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUEINQCKLHc

(Whitman AFB, major strategic base)

jump to 59:20 and then masturbate furiously

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm over 2000km from anything anyone cares about. I'm good. Invading my town would be like invading russia in the winter too.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I actually checked one of those blast-zone/fallout maps recently, and I'm hosed. I'm in the heaviest fallout line from any bomb that would hit Dobbins ARB in Marietta, which is also literally across the street from the sprawling Lockheed-Martin plant. F-22s fly out of there sometimes. Not to mention that Atlanta is the SE's main transportation and communications hub and would be hit in any nuclear scenario.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

spooky girlfriend posted:

Cormac McCarthy has studied this extensively, and the first thing to go is quotation marks.

lol (that wasn't just the road though all of his books are like that)

TheFrankAttack
May 1, 2007
it'd be cool if they figured out a way to nuke ourselves into oblivion but still have the internet so i can browse dank memes and post in peace

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

nuclear holocaust would need better shower heads i think

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

NUKEMAP is fun as hell to play around with.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I survived the bomb in Nagasaki. It ain't no thing. Just gotta hide under a desk, yo.

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
p cool op

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
u would be in a valut OP with other goons amirite

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

BossRighteous posted:

http://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

NUKEMAP is fun as hell to play around with.

this is real cool. i had no idea nukes were that pansy-scale. although when you turn fallout on it gets a bit more impressive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Bishop posted:

I live in a city with over a million people, but ifs probably not at the top of the list of population centers to nuke. There is a pretty big military base near here and I bet that would get owned first. I think because of the jet stream we would get the fall out from nuking the ground silos in South Dakota and poo poo.

I think most people would survive the nuke exchange but society would quickly collapse. Probably better to live in DC or NYC where a quick death is certain

You have no loving idea how nuclear weapons work.

Kids these days have absolutely no grasp on the destructive power of nuclear weapons....It's nearly beyond human comprehension how destructive they are. I talked to teens and they have no idea what the cold war was. Smh

Everyone go watch threads and come back

• Locked thread