Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

qirex posted:

I just got out of a really lovely meeting so get ready for more obsolete web technology hot takes

is it something common and lovely like having to design for ie7 in tyol 2015, or is it some obscure thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

qirex posted:

the quark bought them and tried to integrate it into xpress [double turbo laffo]

lol

Adobe may be bad but theyre no quark

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Main Paineframe posted:

is it something common and lovely like having to design for ie7 in tyol 2015, or is it some obscure thing?

no it's flash. flash is the obsolete web technology to which I was referring

I find it funny that literally nobody ever defends director oh lord what a pos that was

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rear end cobra posted:

lol

Adobe may be bad but theyre no quark

quark's vision of the future circa 1998 was basically CD-ROM screens made in xpress/immedia served over the internet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

what was that good text editor that macromedia bought and ruined? homesite?

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

quark and indesigns best features were not being the other program

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

indesign is ownage and if I had a choice I'd do all my deliverable documents in it

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Things that I don't see other picture editing software do that Adobe owns at:

1) liquify/warp in a non-distructive way.
2) Single brush removal of stuff in scene.
3) Content aware scaling/moving/erasing
4) Change perspective of photographs with a few clicks.

It's not about "lolol these softwares that are cheaper do it" its "i get to go home at 5"

also 10 a month is nothing for photoshop, if you can't derive more than 10$ a month in value out of that software youre doing it wrong

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
OG art directors do all their poo poo even websites and illustrations in indesign idgi

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

rear end cobra posted:

OG art directors do all their poo poo even websites and illustrations in indesign idgi

treat webpages as printed documents and let whoever you hire figure out exactly how css will ever support it in all the brwosers

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

then when they are done you take a screenshot and paste it overtop of the mockup in exclusion mode and send them the result!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Why isnt the anti aliasing on the text the same????

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if you're a pro your software is an expense like I'm actually surprised how cheap creative cloud is if microsoft sold it it would be $100+/month

oh no fifty whole dollars that's several minutes of an actual designer's time :cry:

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

qirex posted:

if you're a pro your software is an expense like I'm actually surprised how cheap creative cloud is if microsoft sold it it would be $100+/month

oh no fifty whole dollars that's several minutes of an actual designer's time :cry:

Yeah CC is a good deal, theyve even been good at updating stuff

GJ Shantaru

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

ofc current employer doesn't like the licensing stuff so I'm stuck on cs5 here :(

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

qirex posted:

azure pricing is reasonable as gently caress

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

gimme an animator's version of flash without actionscript and stuff and charge me a one off payment of $100 tia

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

something like flash
-actionscript
-adobe
+raster
+font handling not from 1993
+not a file format for viewing. make it into a gif or movie.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

guys the best non linear video editing/vector graphic/photo editing/vfx compositing/raw development system is a thing you have to apologize for

check

look at this newb who thinks Adobe After Effects is the best VFX compositing program. Just fukken L my AO at this. "Nuke? Never heard of it." -pagancow

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
aften effects isnt the very best at anything i guess, but its super versatile, easy to use and the integration with c4d is really good

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Doc Block posted:

look at this newb who thinks Adobe After Effects is the best VFX compositing program. Just fukken L my AO at this. "Nuke? Never heard of it." -pagancow

Part of After Effects strength is it's plugin architecture and interoperability with the NLE. Sure if you are farming off to an outsourcer they will use nuke, but if you're doing the job yourself you'll use After Effects.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

pram posted:

uhh zombo com??

https://html5zombo.com/

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

Part of After Effects strength is it's plugin architecture and interoperability with the NLE. Sure if you are farming off to an outsourcer they will use nuke, but if you're doing the job yourself you'll use After Effects.

LOL @ letting the editor do the digital compositing. :ssh: Nuke has plug-ins too :ssh:

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
in like 2002 i remember being baffled as to why flash & director were two different apps that produced two (slightly) different formats

the gently caress was up w/ that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
even flash didn't want to be associated with director

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

you can try to find toonboom lol

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Doc Block posted:

LOL @ letting the editor do the digital compositing. :ssh: Nuke has plug-ins too :ssh:

this aint your 1994 post house

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
did anyone post

yet?

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Phoenixan posted:

did anyone post

yet?

:stonklol:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

qirex posted:

quark's vision of the future circa 1998 was basically CD-ROM screens made in xpress/immedia served over the internet

quark's vision of the future was ruined by the jem'hadar

yes i had to look up where the apostrophe goes on memory alpha

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
my public folder on dropbox is a garbage dump of adobe shittiness

those are just the ones that start with "Screen Shot"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

wow check out those low chicken prices!

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

adobe flash installer at like 50% and it says COMPLETE and "Install Error" with a green checkmark
or whatever ti was

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
i like this one that pops up every now and then

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

I saw some ADOBO flavoured crisps today at H-Mart, any good?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i do use photoshop cc and i kinda like it though

everything else can gently caress right off

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

MrMoo posted:

I saw some ADOBO flavoured crisps today at H-Mart, any good?

i have no idea sorry

adobo chicken is pretty good though imo

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Phoenixan posted:

i do use photoshop cc and i kinda like it though

everything else can gently caress right off

photoshop is good when it works. i missed one when flipping through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
http://krebsonsecurity.com/?s=adobe&x=0&y=0

smh

also don't forget about adobe shockwave lmao