Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yomofo
Jun 7, 2005

by Cyrano4747
I'm going to Colorado next week and I want to ski for 2 days. I was looking up lift prices and they are like $120-140 for a day. I checked out Craigslist and people rent out their epic passes for only like $50-75.
I figure with all my ski gear on its hard to tell what the face on the pass looks like, and I doubt the kid scanning cares. Is it true there's a bounty system for catching people? Cause I remember hearing that rumor too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Depends on the ski resort and who's working as the lift scanner, as well as how busy a time it is. The one I work at is pretty vigilant about checking that and someone trying to use someone elses pass who gets caught will get the pass confiscated and possibly both people kicked off the mountain for the season or longer. If it's Christmas and we're slammed, things are probably more likely to slip through sheer volume. At slow periods it's less certain.

• Locked thread