Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
I'm struggling to come up with good ideas for making Super Bowl food for this Sunday. I've made all the usual wings and dips and stuffed poo poo in the past, but honestly I'm sick of making that stuff. I want to do something different this year. I figured I would ask you guys what you were planning on making for the game, maybe get some inspiration.

So, what's on the menu lads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Can someone post the scotch egg style jalapeño recipe? I need to try it, this year.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
Buffalo wings with blue cheese sauce, my generic "asian" wings and bbq wings for weiners who don't like spicy food.
Cheese steak bites that Chef John from Foodwishes posted about a while ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgs0gZTMIXM

Then guac, salsas etc.

Nothing too fancy but it's loving football. Eat greasy foods, drink lots of beers, watch grown men grapple with each other.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I'm doing 3 kinds of kebab and sliders since it will be (relatively) warm where I live and can grill. everyone loves kebabs. maybe some dips but I always end up with so much chips and dip since everyone usually brings something.

alternatively, rent a chocolate fountain for the day and fill it with chili.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

alternatively, rent a chocolate fountain for the day and fill it with chili.

The gently caress is this Eurotrash bullshit?

:911: Use a garden fountain pump and a kiddie pool/turtle sandbox/dog bath. Alternately, disconnect your sump pump for the evening and use that. :911:

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
I will be doing bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with slices of deer steak in the middle...which doesn't really add anything but it's an excuse to eat deer steak which we have like 50lbs of so whooo!

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
What's this jalapeņo scotch egg thing? That sounds great

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

EuronHasADragonHorn posted:

What's this jalapeño scotch egg thing? That sounds great

Found it:

http://www.homesicktexan.com/2011/02/armadillo-eggs-recipe-jalapeno.html?m=1

paraquat
Nov 25, 2006

Burp

EuronHasADragonHorn posted:

I'm struggling to come up with good ideas for making Super Bowl food for this Sunday.

I'm not from a superbowl country, but if I was, I'd definitely check out this site http://hostthetoast.com/

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost
This is an insanely badass website

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009
Messy cheese bread

2 Pillsbury crescent seamless dough sheets
1 lb of Havarti dill cheese, or regular Havarti and some dill weed

Grease a rectangular baking sheet, roll out one sheet of dough and layer it for the bottom. Cut up the Havarti and spread on the dough leaving an inch around the edge to seal. Sprinkle with dill if it's just regular Havarti. Roll out the other sheet, place on top and seal the edges, getting out any air if you can. Bake at 350F until the pastry sheet on top is done. Cut into squares once cooled.

So cheesy, so easy, so delicious. Great for vegetarians too.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Is there a decent hot wing recipe that doesn't involve a deep fryer? When I grill them, the taste of smokiness is off-putting. When I bake them, the texture of the skin never seems to be right. It drives me nuts that I can never make good wings since it's like my favorite bar food.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

coronaball posted:

Is there a decent hot wing recipe that doesn't involve a deep fryer? When I grill them, the taste of smokiness is off-putting. When I bake them, the texture of the skin never seems to be right. It drives me nuts that I can never make good wings since it's like my favorite bar food.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/buffalo-wings-recipe.html

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

paraquat posted:

I'm not from a superbowl country, but if I was, I'd definitely check out this site http://hostthetoast.com/

This site is amazing

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm making spinach hummus and blue corn chips, then throwing a boston creme onto the woods as a sacrifice to the tree gods.

adorai
Nov 2, 2002

10/27/04 Never forget
Grimey Drawer

coronaball posted:

When I bake mine, I put them on a rack, it really helps the skin. I also use a rub on mine. I don't measure but I do about 50% brown sugar, and the rest equal parts cayenne, cumin, celery salt, seasoned salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Bake them at 430 for 45 minutes.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I'm not sure what I'm making (if anything) but you can't go wrong with a slow-roasted rare beef tenderloin, sliced and served with crostini and an herb or horseradish cream sauce. Especially good since it's great room temp or cold too.

Tar_Squid
Feb 13, 2012
Of course I can't find it now, but I swear I found a recipe a while back that some twisted genius came up with that was an inverted buffalo chicken dip- they rendered down chicken skin and fat, crushed up the skins, and used the chicken fat as butter with hot sauce in the 'dip', added the skins, let it set, and presented it with the usual carrot, celery, and potato dippers.

indoflaven
Dec 10, 2009

coronaball posted:

I've been meaning to try this. It looks excellent. This doesn't involve a deep fryer but it involves frying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkFDCiOo_1o

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

coronaball posted:

The way I do mine at my restaurant is to smoke them with pecan wood for 3 hours to render out all the fat, then give them a quick flash fry to crisp up the skin. I obviously use a deep fryer but you can pan fry as they are already cooked.

But at home I have had huge success with Alton browns method of steaming them to render the fat then baking them crisp that Doh004 posted earlier.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Doing Scotch eggs (actual ones, not those jalapeno poppers from up on the page) again since they came out great last year. Boiled my eggs last night and got two pounds of hot and maple bacon sausage warming up to room temp right now :getin:

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I made chili go pats

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I have a lasagna in the fridge waiting to go in the oven and then I'm gonna make this dip, but I'm gonna throw in some caramelized onions

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Pepperoni Pizza--(relatively) quick and easy. Also got some potato chips and tortilla chips, and will make guacamole to go with the latter. Tempted to put guacamole on the pizza, but I'm not really sure what my wife will think of that. Plus only the finest Spotted Cows from Wisconsin, imported especially for this event, will provide liquid refreshment and temper the nervous system against the assaults of terrible National Anthem singers and halftime performers alike.

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

This is in the oven as I type this. Gonna be good.

http://foodwishes.blogspot.com/2013/01/baked-crab-and-artichoke-dip-snack-so.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Honey Chipotle Wings
Old Bay Wings
Assorted Veggies
Avocado Ranch Dipping Sauce
Nachos with Pinto Beans, Modernist Cheese Sauce, Cilantro, and Red Cabbage

• Locked thread