Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Medieval Medic posted:

Country folk are degenerates.

Let's be honest the country would be better off if rural white people where enslaved to build public transportation and work urban gardens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
i don't know if 3O is trolling people or not help

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i live in the country

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsJlqgoSC_Y

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Mange Mite posted:

Comedy note: this guy lives on the outskirts of Dallas, tx

Outskirts? I have a hard time keeping up with TO lore.

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

If you can't sit on your porch with your 30-30 and plug the first bitch rear end white tail that comes along then you live in the wrong place my friend.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The French Army! posted:

If you can't plug the first bitch rear end white tail that comes along then you live in the wrong place my friend.

you're talking about prison right

cancelope
Sep 23, 2010

The cops want to search the train
Isn't it nice living out in the country?
It's so nice for us to have a place
Off in our own space with no one to mind

There's Old Cranky the elderly lady next door
Who accuses us of burning down her barn
It's so different out here
One thing I've learned is that you never interfere
With Old Cranky's bales of hay

There's Larry our alcoholic neighbor at ten a.m.
Asking for a ride to the liquor store
One thing I've learned is that
You never buy Larry beer
Or else he'll bug you everyday

It's a long and winding road to our house
So if you come to see us take it slow
Take it slow anyway when you come
You will know why we stay so far
From the city lights
We don't miss a thing from the city
It's good to drop out you should try it
Come take a walk at night it's so quiet
You should try it

There's Martin and his friend with the Thug Life tattoo
Looking menacing while landscaping the lawn
One thing I've learned is to be cautious of the deer
They don't care if they die

cancelope fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 29, 2015

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The French Army! posted:

If you can't sit on your porch with your 30-30 and plug the first bitch rear end white tail that comes along then you live in the wrong place my friend.

hm yes mister dnr officer well this is MY LAND so fuckoff *gets tazed*

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
If I lived in the country I would need to order up ten prefabricated houses, stack them on top of one another, then jump off the top of my ten story wacky shack in order to escape the sounds of relatives loving and insects dying.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

I grew up in the sticks and kept failing my license test and that stressed my relationships

Now I college in the city and making friends is really easy

gently caress the country

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

mysterious frankie posted:

If I lived in the country I would need to order up ten prefabricated houses, stack them on top of one another, then jump off the top of my ten story wacky shack in order to escape the sounds of relatives loving and insects dying.

My house is also designed to facilitate my eventual suicide

:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Three Olives is the elitist big-city homosexual that the republicans warned you about.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I live on an acre in Montana, but I don't consider myself to be in "the country" even though there are horses in our neighbor's yard.
The nearest store is about a mile and a half a way, walking distance. I just consider myself to live in a suburban neighborhood.
The cut-off line is, if I lived in the country, I could pee in my front yard any time, day or night. Since I can't do that, I live in the suburbs.

I have run across a difference in terminology, especially when dealing with people from the South. Being "a country boy" or "a country girl" seems to be something they all brag about, and it usually means anyone who doesn't have sidewalks in their neighborhood. The fact that you live on a badly-maintained road, and it takes an entire 10 minutes to drive to Wal-Mart, doesn't mean you are in the country. It just means you are a dumb racist, most of the time.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

glowing-fish posted:

I have run across a difference in terminology, especially when dealing with people from the South. Being "a country boy" or "a country girl" seems to be something they all brag about, and it usually means anyone who doesn't have sidewalks in their neighborhood. The fact that you live on a badly-maintained road, and it takes an entire 10 minutes to drive to Wal-Mart, doesn't mean you are in the country. It just means you are a dumb racist, most of the time.

i think this is a general american thing because idiot suburbanites in minnesota say the exact same thing. owning a gun and a fishing boat is apparently the only thing that some people have to base their identity on.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Lutha Mahtin posted:

i think this is a general american thing because idiot suburbanites in minnesota say the exact same thing. owning a gun and a fishing boat is apparently the only thing that some people have to base their identity on.

It is a cancer that started in the south.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I lived in both for a few years in my adult life.

The city (NYC) was awesome on Friday nights but poo poo on a daily basis otherwise.
The country (bumfuck southern US) is awesome on a daily basis in terms of work commute, non-violence, and friendly people but everyone around me is an inbred retard and there's nothing to do

The nature and clean air of the country make it worth it IMO. You can always drive to a nearby city, have a fun night/weekend out, and retreat to your country hidey hole. You can't outrun the daily grossness/danger/conjestion/noise of a major city.

EDIT also the suburbs are the absolute worst of both worlds. Less nature, mean neighbors, devoid of culture or decent restaurants, and the city is STILL usually a million miles away.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

lmao if you don't live in something that is at least "sufficiency" level according to the global city index

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BossRighteous posted:

I bought a house in the suburbs of Phoenix but when I retire I'll probably move back to the midwest and get myself a mini-mansion for $250k.

suburbs of phoenix sounds like the worst of both worlds...goondolences

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
country times a drat billion or whatever. city people can say whatever as long as you stay there

Medieval Medic posted:

city folk are degenerates.

ftfy. it must be the scrabbling for parking spots and constant traffic that makes them so insanely self-centered, and a touch of pollution for an autism layer

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the country doesn't offer anything besides firearms fun and lots of free time plotting to overthrow the US government.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
imo the best option is living in a small town (not a suburb) within easy commute distance of a decently sized city / your job.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

City ofc, but only coastal with actual infrastructure counts. There is no civilization without an ocean and the ability to walk/subway/train everywhere.

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

etalian posted:

the country doesn't offer anything besides firearms fun and lots of free time plotting to overthrow the US government.

drat dude, you made this post

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I moved from a city to the country and i love it. If you like peace and quiet, the country is the way to go

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Headphones basically cover that without you requiring to live in a desolate non-city hellhole

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Irony.or.Death posted:

Headphones basically cover that without you requiring to live in a desolate non-city hellhole

what do you use to cover the aggressive street people, annoying neighbors, and general squalor

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Mange Mite posted:

what do you use to cover the aggressive street people, annoying neighbors, and general squalor

listen, you just have to do some mental conversions

vacant lot with broken glass everywhere = prairie field
old factory with broken windows = unmolested pristine forest
bum pissing behind a dumpster = white-tailed deer running thru your backyard

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Mange Mite posted:

May I direct your attention to my iPad thread? I'd link you but... feh.

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Your solution to the problems of city life is to literally put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalala."

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
all i really wanna do is move to the woods

SanitysEdge
Jul 28, 2005
anywhere but the suburbs

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Prairies are so goddamn beautiful. It's such a shame there are so few left.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

We used to party in this thing all through high school and community college. Had a wood stove, a bunch of goodwill funiture, a urinal on the wall, and the loft was just a bunch of blankets and mattresses for when you got too hosed up. Take that city.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Jaramin posted:

Your solution to the problems of city life is to literally put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalala."

this being an adequate solution seems like a pretty strong selling point for cities imo, definitely doesn't cut it for the problems of country life

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
last night I heard a bunch of coyotes outside

they sounded pretty close

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

BossRighteous posted:

We used to party in this thing all through high school and community college. Had a wood stove, a bunch of goodwill funiture, a urinal on the wall, and the loft was just a bunch of blankets and mattresses for when you got too hosed up. Take that city.

That's really cool and I'm jealous.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gay sewer monster posted:

That's really cool and I'm jealous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CAbFDt3Evs

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the real solution is to raze all burbs so that you can go directly from town to the country. gently caress yo sprawl

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Bought a nice 4 bedroom at a stupid low interest rate fur 150k. Loving it. 8 min from work, nice "lake" out back. Basement for tornados. Kansas isn't so bad.

Dude thinking to get a mansion in no where for 250k must literally mean no where.

I'm as no where as it gets with FedEx and usps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the real solution is to raze all burbs so that you can go directly from town to the country. gently caress yo sprawl

welcome to agenda 21

• Locked thread