Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Air is lava! posted:

There was a lot of wasted potential in there. That's kind of sad.
But why didn't she just killed him the same way she killed those generic cops?
And this not pressing charges is kind of bullshit. Why don't the families of those cops deserve justice?

"So technically he tried to murder me and there are two dead policemen on the ground, but I can't really blame him. It would be kind of great if we could keep this of the books."

Did they pin everything on the poor guy who shot himself? That would be really lovely.

Given that he was possessed by an evil spirit and had no way of knowing what was happening let alone stopping himself there's not really anyone to press charges against. Unless the legal system can operate on ghosts. The real culprit got dragged off to hell or some other spiritual torment with no means of escape so I consider justice served on that count at least. It is going to be hard to explain all those bodies, though.

That said, I agree about the game being a waste of potential. There are a lot of places you could go with a ghost detective solving his own murder, but this game just didn't have that much vision so what we ended up with was mostly boring junior detective work that really didn't help people that much. We're not even getting into what passes for "combat" in this game. All and all, I can see how this game made its developers give up the ghost themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

None of the clues we got helped either. "This person died! Their profile does not fit the profile of the other victims!"

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.
Yeah I can buy "Rude Teen did some victimless breaking and entering but then one of our officers tried to murder her so we decided to, you know, cut her some slack." But they definitely needed to explain why Rex wasn't arrested. Joy can't decline to press charges on her attempted murder and also two unexplained deaths. I can see it if the explination was Joy lied about what happened and said Rex rescued her but the Bell Killer killed the other officers and got away. But that's not what happened.

As for the game on a whole, it was flawed but I give it leway because at least it attempted some new things. The gimmick of the gameplay is unique but unpolished and unexplored.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Huh, for some reason I was expecting the game to end with him refusing to go to heaven yet because The World Needs Ghost Cop.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Kloro posted:

Huh, for some reason I was expecting the game to end with him refusing to go to heaven yet because The World Needs Ghost Cop.

We never actually see him ascend so I'm pretty sure that was their plan for a sequel.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
There were some really cool ideas in this game and it is a shame that there probably will never be a sequel to refine those ideas and get them right. There's a lot that I'd call good in this game, the art tends to work more than it doesn't and the voice acting while a bit cheesy actually tends to succeed. I'm a bit of a sucker for mumbling protags though.

Thanks for showing this off! You did a great job making the game fun to experience!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saitorr
Dec 23, 2008

YES THE CARPET MATCHES THE DRAPES IN BOTH COLOR AND LENGTH
Great LP, good job.

In my experience, credits are rushed in at the very end of a project, and different studios are responsible for sending in their own credits. There isn't always a whole lot of QA to make sure formatting or ordering is consistent between them.

Hail Satan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IsXKMkDAMQ

• Locked thread