Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
It was a goal, it travels up the toe of his pad but it was all blurry (because its moving lol). It really doesn't matter in this game but if it was during playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Goaltenders are cool people

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

drat you hank :argh:

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

CDX posted:

Saucy little glove there

He does that because his glove hand is hosed up and literally can't close it. So he scoops it to make sure it's in.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm sort of looking at the rest of this season as an extended preseason for next year, really.

you've already had the highlight of the year with Looch getting one-punched, what more do you need

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm sort of looking at the rest of this season as an extended preseason for next year, really.

I've been saying at work that we just need to pull up Forsberg, let him play and season out. There is no point to continue playing McElhinney, especially if we get on another losing streak.

Pull up a couple small scrubbies and play em on the wing of Dubinsky / Hartnell or Anisimov / Calvert so they get a chance to get some shots on net and serious playtime without getting murdered. Why not.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Schlesische posted:

It's inconclusive because both of the clear frames are on the line, but it's easy to fill in the gaps with the puck hooking up the pad and out (ie; it was a loving goal).
Would've been interesting to see what would've happened to the fighting call since it was in the time that was being reset.

Still would be penalties, you don't get to do whatever you want and have it reversed.

Why are the Candiens such a bitch rear end team I mean really off the faceoff, Eller?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.

Rotten Cookies posted:

He does that because his glove hand is hosed up and literally can't close it. So he scoops it to make sure it's in.

Oh not complaining, Carey does that poo poo all the time just cause

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
This game is hilarious.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Stepan is at about 25% of Getzlaf now hair-wise.

And rising.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Jovial Cow posted:

This game is hilarious.

This is a GOOD HEATED GAME (unironically)

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

Nah it's not like that anymore. When he started in the NHL it was very stiff and he almost used it more like a blocker but I'm pretty sure he doesn't do that anymore

e: yay more penalties!

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Levitate posted:

Nah it's not like that anymore. When he started in the NHL it was very stiff and he almost used it more like a blocker but I'm pretty sure he doesn't do that anymore

His hand is fixed now?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I tune into the game and the Stars Hockey Club Of Dallas scored a power play?!?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Lobsterboy posted:

I've been saying at work that we just need to pull up Forsberg, let him play and season out. There is no point to continue playing McElhinney, especially if we get on another losing streak.

Pull up a couple small scrubbies and play em on the wing of Dubinsky / Hartnell or Anisimov / Calvert so they get a chance to get some shots on net and serious playtime without getting murdered. Why not.

McElhinney's been hot lately. Let him play until he blows it, then let Forsberg go.

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Tropp is a thing tonight, too.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
due to the failures of chiasson and guptill, we are commencing the process to overrate the poo poo out of nick paul

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

HARTNELL SMASH

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

OldSenileGuy posted:

Stepan is at about 25% of Getzlaf now hair-wise.

And rising.

Closer to 50%, give him a few years.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Mike Milbury's hair

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

CBJSprague24 posted:

McElhinney's been hot lately. Let him play until he blows it, then let Forsberg go.

Hartnell-Dubinsky-Tropp is a thing tonight, too.

Well yeah, I unironically LIKE McElhinney, ever since I asked for his autograph in his Volvo Station Wagon and he was honestly surprised.

He also was AMAZING in the minors.

quote:

He spent the season with Columbus' AHL affiliate Springfield Falcons and had a fine season, posting nine shutouts to lead the league and set a franchise record for both single season and career shutouts, and was again named to the AHL Second All-Star Team.

2012-2013 season, guy was 49-29-16. Just didnt pan out to those levels in the majors. :/

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

His hand is fixed now?

uhhh, I always heard that he used a very stiff glove at first and didn't catch the puck so much as block it, leading to the stories about not being able to close his glove on the puck because of how stiff the GLOVE was. His left hand itself is certainly not hosed up considering he plays guitar and frets with that hand

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Lobsterboy posted:

Well yeah, I unironically LIKE McElhinney, ever since I asked for his autograph in his Volvo Station Wagon and he was honestly surprised.

He also was AMAZING in the minors.

I was at one of those shutouts against Adirondack in October. Was in Boston and took a side trip.

Fun game.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Kessel's controller came unplugged for a second there.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

They're saying MSG's fire alarm went off

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Levitate posted:

uhhh, I always heard that he used a very stiff glove at first and didn't catch the puck so much as block it, leading to the stories about not being able to close his glove on the puck because of how stiff the GLOVE was. His left hand itself is certainly not hosed up considering he plays guitar and frets with that hand

Huh. I could've sworn sworn I heard he had some sort of debility in his left hand. And I wouldn't count out some conditions that would let him fret a guitar but now close his hand. But! I can't find anything on it so I'm going to assume I'm wrong.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Vertical Lime posted:

Really? NBCSN has been on commercial for like 15 minutes now

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

Vertical Lime posted:

Badass Lars Eller lit a cigarette in the mens room.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

Subban must've let one rip :q:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Top Hats Monthly posted:

How's your attempt at an NHL franchise going btw

:flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid::flaccid:

t:mad:t

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
brodeur being honored by the blues with a ceremonial puck drop. his number will be going in the rafters shortly after.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
The game was getting a bit too heated. For a less exciting option, this Leafs / Coyotes game is a thing.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I hope this Jets/Flyers game outdoes that 9-8 game they had back in 2011.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Trevor Bird posted:

brodeur being honored by the blues with a ceremonial puck drop. his number will be going in the rafters shortly after.

hahahahaha seriously?

Grebo
Mar 29, 2012

2015-2016
2016-2017
2017-2018
2018-2019

BRUINS DEFENSE

Trevor Bird posted:

why do people even try to hit byfuglien

Why does chiuauas try to hump rottweilers?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: The Thrill :swoon: :siren:

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Rotten Cookies posted:

Huh. I could've sworn sworn I heard he had some sort of debility in his left hand. And I wouldn't count out some conditions that would let him fret a guitar but now close his hand. But! I can't find anything on it so I'm going to assume I'm wrong.

if django reinhardt could make it work im sure lundqvist can

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Vertical Lime posted:

Ahh, Montreal cheating again eh? :downsrim:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So I haven't been able to watch a whole lot of the last couple games but I'm pretty sure Granberg sucks.

Also :siren:Kessel:siren:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

HappyHippo posted:

if django reinhardt could make it work im sure lundqvist can

well django was probably one of the best guitarists to live and I love hank but that might be asking a bit much of him to compare to django

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Oh my loving god, Tuukka :staredog:

• Locked thread