Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

everyone knows books are 90 percent filler. i just ask my friends to recommend books, and then pretend i read them based on their synopsis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Nanomashoes posted:

i already read like 100 pages of against the day today, OP. Lew moved to england and met a psychic who predicted the purchase of Ottoman Railroads, Reef and Frank swore to kill the guys who got their paw, and the chums of chance watched a belltower get destroyed by a hidden person.

that was my favorite pynchon book but honestly i can't remember more than thre fuckign things that happened in it

that's why i don't read, op.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i've read like two. you were right, op.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Read If on a winter's night a traveller. It was really good OP.

i think i was reading that when i first responded to this thread. i did not like it as much as some of his other books but it is very good.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my dad gave me an old pulp novel that begins with giant mantises and then has a black caricature castrate the protagonist. books are cool.

• Locked thread