Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I only read like 12-15 books last year so I'm making a conscious effort to read more this year

otoh this thread is basically doing a huge fart, smelling it and nodding in satisfaction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

grendel sounds like some real sophies-world-for-the-kid-who-listens-to-bathory poo poo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oblique posted:

sorry for letting you down, you can return to your current r.l. stine masterpiece now
low-effort post, low-effort thread, channel those literary skills and do better, snappier, cleverer. i believe in u

fyi im rereading paradise lost

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

who would win a fight chaucer or milton or bradley
I figure everyone would just run away from the crazy blind dude who was screaming and wanking and jizzing everywhere so Milton by default

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oblique posted:

u wot m8
im gonna gently caress your pretty face

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im also reading Rob Roy atm because I feel like a bad Scot for never having read Scott before but holy poo poo this is a lot more verbose and intricate than expected. Not necessarily in a good way, but it's good overall I guess

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I read Rob Roy and it was terrible and boring. I feel like I should like it more as a Scottish person but I don't. This stopped me reading again for a month or so which I felt bad about so I'm now trying to read a book a week. I read To The Lighthouse yesterday, which was really good. Maybe a bit too affected in parts.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Read If on a winter's night a traveller. It was really good OP.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

That's the most pretentious book a person can read.
there are no f*cking dragons in it. what the hell

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just finished Dictionary of the Khazars and it was really good but I’m an insanely dumb millennial whose brain has been destroyed by irony poisoning, so I have no idea what it was about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Yeah except you soon find you spend four hours out of every day pooping.
most people just call this "having an office job"

• Locked thread