Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I just wanted to get this up here before the premiere starts :siren: THURSDAY JANUARY 29th @ 10pm :siren: This show is about 4 friends that have a hidden camera show where they go into certain situations and try to make each other too embarassed/humiliated to continue. Whoever "loses" the most by the end of an episode gets punished which has ranged from skydiving, to being an opening act for Imagine Dragons, to getting tattoos, to marrying one of their sisters (ceremony)

The 4 Friends:

Here's a couple clips. Post your favorites and I will add them to the OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8DVoqAvFso

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9IizGXyZP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aoDfTibNIM

I will also edit in stuff about their tours and social media stuff . Just watch it, it's funny!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
The scooter bit was hilarious, but am I wrong in thinking it's pretty distasteful (even for these guys)?

According to Twitter, it took Q half an hour to subdue that gator. Maybe it's just editing but it looks like he handled it pretty well, at least compared to how the other guys would've done it!!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The only part of the scooter bit that came off distasteful was Sal with the beer. I was shocked he went through with it.

I kinda figured one of the Gator trainers explained to Q how to get it done and was edited out.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

JAMOOOL posted:

The scooter bit was hilarious, but am I wrong in thinking it's pretty distasteful (even for these guys)?

According to Twitter, it took Q half an hour to subdue that gator. Maybe it's just editing but it looks like he handled it pretty well, at least compared to how the other guys would've done it!!

I wasn't too bothered by the scooter bit given that I've seen worse when I've gone shopping. :shrug: But boy, they really upped the cringeworthiness this episode! I watched a good chunk of it with my hand over my face. :xd:

The "I don't need yours, ma'am." got the biggest laugh out of the night for me. Oh man, I'm so glad this show's back!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I saw Murr walking into my office the other day. He desperately wanted me to recognize him. It was weird.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

This weeks punishment was straight out of the 1st or 2nd season. No elaborate things, just one man getting punked by his friends and having to take it! Murr looks good in heels

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
That must've been pretty surreal for the audience of that punishment! The first part of that punishment was my fav with the way Murr hit those high notes. :xd:

Not to mention that Sal slap montage. :haw: They could probably have another show with just what gets left on the cutting room floor.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I forgot this was back. Yay new thread :toot:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
Sal constantly falling over is probably the best part of the show

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

This latest episode was pretty fun, but man did that punishment fall flat.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

It seemed like the punishment sounded great on paper, but yeah... the execution didn't work that well. The ending did save it a little bit.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

I dunno, those questions were hilarious..."what would you say is your favorite crime?"

Episodes like this where each 'turn' is nearly 2 minutes makes me wish this was an hour-long show. It's kinda too dumb to justify that length but still, more = better

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
This has been going for 3 weeks?!? Amazing!

Now to scour all the half dead :filez: sites to actually try and catch it.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I discovered this show on an in-flight entertainment channel when flying to South Africa. It's amazingly hilarious.

And Brian Quinn is loving hot. :swoon:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Mouse Dresser posted:

I discovered this show on an in-flight entertainment channel when flying to South Africa. It's amazingly hilarious.

And Brian Quinn is loving hot. :swoon:

Yeah but he lives alone and has 3 cats.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I hated how that one guy grabbed joe. It was really uncomfortable watching that

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Sal and Q have a podcast called "What Say You". In which they do talk about IJ and Tenderloins but not the focus. They're going to be watching and reviewing all Fast and Furious movies leading to the new one this summer, which they're getting a free screening for (with fans)

The group also has a podcast but haven't released an episode since Dec 2013.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

TUS posted:

Sal and Q have a podcast called "What Say You". In which they do talk about IJ and Tenderloins but not the focus. They're going to be watching and reviewing all Fast and Furious movies leading to the new one this summer, which they're getting a free screening for (with fans)

The group also has a podcast but haven't released an episode since Dec 2013.

What Say You is pretty fun, but it's updated pretty sporadically these days (though they have just released a new episode that I need to check out). If you check out only one episode of this podcast, check out Episode 19: I Have Your Pants.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Ghostpilot posted:

What Say You is pretty fun, but it's updated pretty sporadically these days (though they have just released a new episode that I need to check out). If you check out only one episode of this podcast, check out Episode 19: I Have Your Pants.

:stare: Sal is loving bonkers

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

TUS posted:

:stare: Sal is loving bonkers

We talked about this adventure for a second in the old thread. It really helps to flesh him out as a human weirdo. I was a bit annoyed by the couple episodes a few months ago about getting the drunk girl who stole Murr's jacket arrested. The story about it was funny as poo poo though.

Impractical Jokers is the show I've found that everyone under the sun likes. Everyone I've mentioned it to has loved it, across every line I can think of.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Oh hey, they directly referenced a bit on What Say You during the supermarket challenge!

Nugget, the sadistic, monomaniacal honey bear!

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Ariza posted:

We talked about this adventure for a second in the old thread. It really helps to flesh him out as a human weirdo. I was a bit annoyed by the couple episodes a few months ago about getting the drunk girl who stole Murr's jacket arrested. The story about it was funny as poo poo though.

Impractical Jokers is the show I've found that everyone under the sun likes. Everyone I've mentioned it to has loved it, across every line I can think of.

Sal pressing the cop he called got really awkward and I was shocked the detective humored him for as long as he did.

This week was OK. Q seems to get the... Simpliest punishments out of the 4 of them

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Yeah but he lives alone and has 3 cats.

That is an incentive for me.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

The sandwich shop bit was pretty amazing. I don't know which guy did the best... At least between Q, Sal and Murr.

The punishment was funny as well, they really know how to gently caress with Sal.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Is their anywhere to watch last nights episode? For some reason the dvr decided to not record it

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

TruTV makes all the episodes available for free online the day after they run. You have to have a cable subscription, though.

http://www.trutv.com/full-episodes/impractical-jokers/index.html

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

TUS posted:

The sandwich shop bit was pretty amazing. I don't know which guy did the best... At least between Q, Sal and Murr.

The punishment was funny as well, they really know how to gently caress with Sal.

Yeah, Q's CPR on the puppet and Murr with the bindle just slayed me. :haw:

I loved the "He Did It" game, too. I look forward to seeing that one again! I'd be the most afraid to go up against Joe: the guy's just too slick on situations like that.

Sal's reaction to "you wouldn't understand - I'm sorry." Was loving great. :xd:

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Glad to see a thread for this show. I got super into it near the end of season one but then dropped off due to being too busy to follow shows for a little while. I spent the past few weeks binging on the episodes I've missed (it is unbelievable how easy it is to burn through like five episodes at a time, such an addictive show) and am all caught up now. Can't get enough of these guys!! Also I relate to Q a lot more than I'd like to admit...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo that was uncomfortable.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Powershift posted:

Holy poo poo that was uncomfortable.

Yeah the whole punishment was really tough to watch. The "Just say 'No Thanks'" command was amazing too.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I kinda figured they were going to do a punishment like that soon enough. Not in that style, but man that was amazing.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Good god, that was absolutely mortifying. That poor, poor bastard. The muffled sound of him shamefully crying in the hall as she cracked up laughing in the room was a great touch! :xd:

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

That entire episode was completely uncomfortable. I absolutely loved Q's opening challenge where the dude hits the other guy with the cup of water on accident. That was fantastic.

That punishment though... she was *my* childhood crush as well, I would have been completely mortified. That punishment was cruel. Poor Murr gets some of the meanest punishments!!

CarpetCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 6, 2015

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup
I'm so happy this is back. I actually discovered these guys when Q and Sal were guests on the Doug Stanhope podcast. I'd never even heard of the show before then, now I've seen every episode half a dozen times and listen to every What Say You? episode. It's really my favorite funny show on TV right now. I can't get enough of these guys.

"Hey! You guys wanna see something DOPE?"

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I wish this show was on a bigger network so it got the love it deserves. I've seen every episode also and hope they get to do 5 more seasons.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It would've been better if it was Joe and his huge weird gut. Murr wasn't in body builder shape, but he had a bit of tone and he wasn't a fat sack of garbage like the other guys.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Just dropping by to say this show is amazing and Joe is an absolute animal. The deadpan, :stare: he gives the camera gets me everytime. The dude is without shame.

The best man speech Sal had to give was the most brutal punishment i've seen next to the Bingo one....poor Sal.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

Catching up on this weeks episode... the library one is toeing my line. This is freaking me out, hahaha

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

So much Impractical Jokers last night. Along with a new episode, there was a special. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the special, but the episode is great... adding a twist to the balloon game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
The special was fantastic and really showed how good of friends the guys really are.

• Locked thread