Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah let me just get my library card for some free entertainment cause I can't afford to do fun stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I read everything on my phone in the tub.
You'd think this limits my reading but I finished 6 books this month.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what kind of out of touch loser thinks libraries are still relevant

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

*reads stories about elves and poo poo*

*has strong sense of intellectual superiority*

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if it reads, we can kill it

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Op confirmed for illiterate oaf.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even read the forums. I highlight posts and let windows narrator read it to me because I'm not a nerd

landobee
Nov 25, 2004
Be Water

a messed up horse posted:

if it reads, we can kill it

Daaamn... almost spit Coke all across my keyboard from this one... nice!

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I take my cell phone with me on the shitter these days. I'm horrified whenever I think of this fact.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Nathilus posted:

I take my cell phone with me on the shitter these days. I'm horrified whenever I think of this fact.

Outbreak the film 2015 remake, but the moneky is a celly

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really wanted to hate e-readers but they're actually surprisingly good and cool. got my paperwhite and it does almost everything i could ask for out of a thing that holds thousands of books on a sub-1 pound device. only thing i want to do to it is stop it from communicating with amazon servers about anything ever, but even rooting it apparently can't stop it from doing that.

i grew up in a house of 25,000 books, i'm kinda sick of them at this point. has an effect on you, seeing all that knowledge in one place and how little it amounts to, in more ways than one. but old habits die hard, so e-reader it is.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Volume posted:

Yeah let me just get my library card for some free entertainment cause I can't afford to do fun stuff.

libraries are great.

my local one no longer get much dvd or cds because people don't want that anymore because people view it on internet because people are rich because they have money.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Volume, is there something wrong with you lately? I've been noticing you keep posting threads like "THIS THING SUCK" and "IF YOU LIKE THING YOURE A BITCH NIGGA." Is everything ok with you? Tell me about your day. I'll pull up a chair ----> \__

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Books are basically 'artisanal kindles' and if you read one you are most likely a hipster hth.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You have to aquire a set of expensive out of print books to decorate your personal space with, also always leave one copy of a book related to the interests of whomever visits you that day open on your desk.

But nobody should actually read them, that's just stupid. E-Readers are the better books for actually carrying around.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Just hire that one company that supplies fake books for your fake bookshelves

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Elf books are not literature, you twats. Go read something about depressed French people or an old man's hosed up anecdotes or whatever, there is some legit cool poo poo in this media.

Tautologicus posted:

I really wanted to hate e-readers but they're actually surprisingly good and cool. got my paperwhite and it does almost everything i could ask for out of a thing that holds thousands of books on a sub-1 pound device. only thing i want to do to it is stop it from communicating with amazon servers about anything ever, but even rooting it apparently can't stop it from doing that.

i grew up in a house of 25,000 books, i'm kinda sick of them at this point. has an effect on you, seeing all that knowledge in one place and how little it amounts to, in more ways than one. but old habits die hard, so e-reader it is.

Word.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

DjLando posted:

Daaamn... almost spit Coke all across my keyboard from this one... nice!

You almost had to tell him he owes you a new keyboard. Close one.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spanish Manlove posted:

Volume, is there something wrong with you lately? I've been noticing you keep posting threads like "THIS THING SUCK" and "IF YOU LIKE THING YOURE A BITCH NIGGA." Is everything ok with you? Tell me about your day. I'll pull up a chair ----> \__

leave it a bitch nigga like you to not notice I'm trying to enlighten goons

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Volume posted:

Is everything OK? You can tell me, I'm here to help.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Volume posted:

We care about you Volume.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is everything OK? You can tell me, I'm here to help.

just give him a 30-day vacation from the forums to help him lighten up :classiclol:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i pay prostitutes to read GRRM to me until i drift off to sleep

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

JebanyPedal posted:

I read everything on my phone in the tub.
You'd think this limits my reading but I finished 6 books this month.

you must be fuckin pruney

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
I think you will find, OP, that it is precisely pathetic poors who DON'T read books.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

A readin' nigga, that's the poo poo I don't like

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOcMFeWUsuM

read a book yall

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

Artificial Idiocy posted:

I think you will find, OP, that it is precisely pathetic poors who DON'T read books.

Indubitably. :wotwot:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

There is a homeless guy that hangs around my university. He sneaks in the university restaurant for free lunches and dinner and you can often find him in the library reading something, he's also around in the university parties and apparently just begs for money to get some extra food and buy clothes from thrift shops. Dude's legit doing better in life than most people I know.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
sometimes the people who write the books have funny names like moorcock, updike, or kotzwinkle and these names end up on the ends and fronts and inside pages of the books

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

ZearothK posted:

There is a homeless guy that hangs around my university. He sneaks in the university restaurant for free lunches and dinner and you can often find him in the library reading something, he's also around in the university parties and apparently just begs for money to get some extra food and buy clothes from thrift shops. Dude's legit doing better in life than most people I know.
Please get him a forums account so we don't have to read threads like this one.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

My Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms book collection was amazing

Now its all on a thumb drive :toot:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SA is p much a Confederacy of Dunces: the Forum so you readin a book by default.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

bunch of ignatius j reillys

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

ZearothK posted:

i wish i was that guy

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

fyodor posted:

SA is p much a Confederacy of Dunces: the Forum so you readin a book by default.

got a hot dog thread and everything, drat

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Book Barn is hilarious because they read the worst books imaginable, and then seriously discuss them. It's 90% genre fiction, lol.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

Someone I work with asked me what a book was, and here's how I described it:

quote:

Imagine having a bunch of toilet paper sheets stacked on top of one another. Now sandwich those in between two pieces of cardboard. That my friend, is a book.

AdvancesMONKEY
Mar 30, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm readin a book wrote by William Gass. It's awesome as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.
A Good Book Is Hard To Find
Flim-Flammery O'Cuck

• Locked thread