Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
Gangs Of New York
Martin Scorsese recreated 19th-century New York on the lot of Cinecitta studios in Rome. When George Lucas visited the massive set, he reportedly turned to Scorsese and said, "Sets like that can be done with computers now."

“The team threw a Hail Mary to George, saying the game would have more credibility if the apprentice had a ‘Darth’ title,” a Force Unleashed team member says. Lucas agreed that this situation made sense for Sith royalty, and offered up two Darth titles for the team to choose from. “He threw out ‘Darth Icky’ and ‘Darth Insanius.’ There was a pregnant pause in the room after that. People waiting for George to say ‘just kidding,’ but it never comes, and he just moved on to another point.”

But then a phantom menace struck. George Lucas would periodically check in on the status of the games his company was making, lending creative input and advice. The developer I talked to sighs, and agitatedly says, “In one viewing of Fracture, [Lucas] said it looked really good, but he didn’t like [Mason Briggs’] name. We’re like, ‘What do you mean, George?’ He responded to the effect of, ‘It doesn’t really fit. When he jumps on stuff, he moves pretty fast. I like B.J. Dart.’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

"I may have gone too far in a couple places"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Man famous for bad ideas says some awkward stupid poo poo. I pretty much blame him for all the annoying parts of the Indiana Jones series.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gorge Lucas

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Love that guy

naem
May 29, 2011

1976: the force : space wizards

1996: the force : space herpes

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Fucker broke Jaws by sitting in it. Stupid fat loving jar jar binks loving piece of poo poo.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
it's like poetry sort of they rhyme

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
cant wait for the new star wars movies to come out

who knows what hes gonna do with a young obi wan

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
GAY-org

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Lucas was right.

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
wait what year is this?

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
now that jay jay abrums has done star wars and star trek can we give him battlestar galactica and every single other science fiction franchise so every science fiction thing ever is produced by the same fuckin guy please

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Kinda want to see his "Indiana Jones and the Haunted House."

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Damo posted:

now that jay jay abrums has done star wars and star trek can we give him battlestar galactica and every single other science fiction franchise so every science fiction thing ever is produced by the same fuckin guy please

It's actually really loving funny because Star Wars and Star Trek are literally now The Same Thing

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Man famous for bad ideas says some awkward stupid poo poo. I pretty much blame him for all the annoying parts of the Indiana Jones series.

Why was there a little asian kid hanging out with Indiana Jones in the second one anyway? Who the gently caress's kid was that?

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

he's fat

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

spooky girlfriend posted:

Why was there a little asian kid hanging out with Indiana Jones in the second one anyway? Who the gently caress's kid was that?

George's.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If it's a bad movie it was directed by Jar Jar Abrahms because nobody will like him.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really hope someone at Disney leaks, or maybe Lucas himself posts angrily on his blog the suggestions and ideas he had for the sequels that Disney straight up ignored

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

spooky girlfriend posted:

Because riding mine carts and battling evil cultists with Indy is safer than being an orphan on the streets of Shanghai in 1935

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

:eyepop:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how come george never ever looks happy

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

Offensive Clock
if you looked like that would you be happy

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.

Uncle Wemus posted:

how come george never ever is happy

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Uncle Wemus posted:

how come george never ever looks happy

because he realizes that the one thing that made him famous and allowed him to do everything else in his entire career, the original star wars movie, was good despite him not because of him

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
George Lucas married Mellody Hobson because he felt that guilty over Jar Jar Binks.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Damo posted:

if you looked like that would you be happy

i would have my bank account total next to my bathroom mirror so i could immediately feel better

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
George Lucas is cool.

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

LordArgh posted:

because he realizes that the one thing that made him famous and allowed him to do everything else in his entire career, the original star wars movie, was good despite him not because of him

American Graffiti gave him the leeway to do Star Wars, but yeah, the success of Star Wars was despite him, not because of him. I think he knows this and it must be soulcrushing.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

SHARTING BEAR posted:

American Graffiti gave him the leeway to do Star Wars, but yeah, the success of Star Wars was despite him, not because of him. I think he knows this and it must be soulcrushing.

Do you honestly believe billionaires are self-aware?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Hobohemian posted:

He's more manchild now than man. His mind is twisted and evil.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
i like when people make fun of people they envy and hate but can never really get back at so it sounds really sad and petty

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Hobohemian posted:

Fair enough, but he basically scrubbed his ex-wife from existence. Deep down he must know how important she was to his success... or maybe he's just a megalomaniac.

Actually, yeah, that seems more likely.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://youtu.be/-0glaUrFZCg

Can't direct, can't drive

Now that's poetry!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

THAT loving NECK

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000

Possibly Chicken posted:

Now that's poetry!
passing on the inside and black flagging a race

maybe he forgot his meds?

SHARTING BEAR
Sep 27, 2004

Possibly Chicken posted:

Now that's poetry!

it aint like podracin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
ill just accelerate and pass people whatever gently caress it its not like there is a left hand corner OGH gently caress

• Locked thread