Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
dear sir/madam how to become mod on forum on the internet?

thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

i'm in love with the coco

i'm in love with the coco

if you snitching i go loco

hit you with that trenta y ocho

Smellbound
Sep 26, 2000
suck the right dick

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
absentee father, drug addiction, gang violence

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
how are mods formed?

Electric Charity
Mar 22, 2009

Rambling Robot posted:

how are mods formed?

Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups/375 ml water to blend. What you'll have is a wet, shaggy, sticky dough, but not so wet as to be batter. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least 12 hours, and up to 24 hours. It's ready for the next step when the surface is dotted with bubbles.

Flour a work surface and dump the dough out onto it. Sprinkle over a little more flour and fold it once or twice. Cover with the tea towel and let rest 15 minutes.

Using only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers, shape the dough into a ball. Coat a cotton towel with cornmeal, wheat bran or flour and lay the dough on it, seam-side down. Dust with more cornmeal, wheat bran or flour. (You need quite a lot because you want to be sure the dough doesn't stick to the towel). Cover and let rise for about 2 hours. When ready, the dough will be more than double in size.

Half an hour before the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F/230 degrees C. Put a 2-liter cast-iron pot or Dutch oven (cocotte) inside to heat.

When the dough is ready, remove the pot from the oven and turn the dough into it, seam-side up. (It will look messy, but this is OK.) Shake the pot to settle the bread evenly. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake until the loaf is nicely browned, another 15 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
i tried whay you suggested but only ended up a sticky mess.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
is it just me or is rambling robot possibly suffering brain stuff?

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

is it just me or is rambling robot possibly suffering brain stuff?

this is a rude way to put it.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

appear cool and good and responsible for a long time on an internet forum

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Rambling Robot posted:

how are mods formed?

You have to like kids.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Rajjoble posted:

Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a bowl. Stir in 1 1/2 cups/375 ml water to blend. What you'll have is a wet, shaggy, sticky dough, but not so wet as to be batter. Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least 12 hours, and up to 24 hours. It's ready for the next step when the surface is dotted with bubbles.

Flour a work surface and dump the dough out onto it. Sprinkle over a little more flour and fold it once or twice. Cover with the tea towel and let rest 15 minutes.

Using only enough flour to keep the dough from sticking to your fingers, shape the dough into a ball. Coat a cotton towel with cornmeal, wheat bran or flour and lay the dough on it, seam-side down. Dust with more cornmeal, wheat bran or flour. (You need quite a lot because you want to be sure the dough doesn't stick to the towel). Cover and let rise for about 2 hours. When ready, the dough will be more than double in size.

Half an hour before the dough is ready, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F/230 degrees C. Put a 2-liter cast-iron pot or Dutch oven (cocotte) inside to heat.

When the dough is ready, remove the pot from the oven and turn the dough into it, seam-side up. (It will look messy, but this is OK.) Shake the pot to settle the bread evenly. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and bake until the loaf is nicely browned, another 15 to 30 minutes. Cool on a rack.

i tried making this, and just an fyi if you do it make sure there aren't any middle scholars around

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

this is a rude way to put it.

well am i wrong or what?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Great men don't seek power, they have it thrust upon them.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Master Bateman posted:

You have to like kids.

i thought that was how mods are unformed.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
u wouldnt last a week

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
it helps if you have a hot sister

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
but when u get demodded i hope u cry and post ur dick in a salad bowl

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

well am i wrong or what?

i am eating ice cream right now!!!!!!!!!!!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
im the mod

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Nation posted:

it helps if you have a hot sister

i dont have a sister and if i did she would probably be ugly.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hello

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

hello mod! nice to meet u.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
greetings

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsjF-vOqkSw

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

good riddance!

Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to

Thanks for banning toilet lord. Sincerely.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

let's start slow and just make you an IK for a bit

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib
probably the easiest is start your own forum, OP

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

when manlove finally flames out i nominate myself to mod gbs.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum

Rambling Robot posted:

how are mods formed?

1 part overinflated sense of self-importance
1 part underlying childhood issues
1 part overcompensation
1 part underhanded irc/pm chats

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

thank you.

thanks to your contribution this is now a 5 star ***** thread.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

Baba Ganoush posted:

1 part overinflated sense of self-importance
1 part underlying childhood issues
1 part overcompensation
1 part underhanded irc/pm chats

finally someone delivers.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
how to work for free on the internet instead of dicking off?

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

stop gassing my threads u rear end

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Care too much

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

i just wanted to bbe a moderator

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you have to care a great deal about the level of forums discourse, OP, and be willing to dedicate yourself to lowering it

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
j00 |\/|\/57 |3e 1337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

you have to care a great deal about the level of forums discourse, OP, and be willing to dedicate yourself to lowering it

i see.

does this mean i should have a meltdown and close this thread, then reopen in and ban 2 random people?

• Locked thread