Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
the war's still going on for me, op. *stares into empty beer glass* they let those drat shadows in our society, but they're all the enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

This thread is so such an incredibly accurate recreation of 13 year olds on roleplay forums that I'm starting to feel incredible embarrassment just reading the first two words of peoples' posts.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i remember all the lonely man-rear end left at home when it turned out women were less susceptible to their mind games.

boy that was a wild time.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I never surrendered, OP. I will fight to the end.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I was in the front lines at Arcadia, I laughed in the face of the nightmare child.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i was the guy who told people they needed more vespene gas

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I killed fitty men

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I was a butt boy. Then after the Battle of Hepburn Pass I was promoted to fluttering pansy.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
Chief Executor in the 227th Magical Artillery division. The job seemed simple: bring the spell-slingers to the designated area, they throw fire or lightning or whatever at the desired target, and we left. Easy, right?

Wrong. We were called "Executors" for a reason. You can talk about "honor" and "glory" until The Elves return, but when some teenager is writhing on the ground, bleeding out of their eyes, ears, and mouth, begging you to end their life before they transform into the drat soul-sucking Shadow we were fighting, you tend to have a different perspective on The War.

Bard, another song, please. I'm tired of these war sagas.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Left Forward Defense.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

JebanyPedal posted:

This thread is so such an incredibly accurate recreation of 13 year olds on roleplay forums that I'm starting to feel incredible embarrassment just reading the first two words of peoples' posts.

lots... of.... ellipses........

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
I was stationed in the brown sector. Rear guard duty.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Me, well, it was pretty quiet for me. A few skirmishes, nothing really. Saw some people die. People I didn't know really well. Don't know really if I ever even saw one... glimpses I guess, but they say you can't be sure unless you're sure, which doesn't sound like much to me but it means something to some people.

I had a friend who saw some of the worst of it. He had real bad luck I guess. Kept ending up in it. The Gibbering at Tallahassee, when we lost all those country music stars. The Doom Over Timbuktu, yeah. Holy poo poo. When all the sand dunes froze. I seen the sats of that, it looks pretty bad still. All those guys out there still massaging sand.

He wasn't at Melbourne thank God. Whatever that was, whoever came home, they didn't really come home. Rest in peace, Tasmania, wherever you are now.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
cyber warrior. i posted for your freedom.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4ya8Jx577o

Every war should be narrated by Keith David.

Louis
Nov 23, 2014
I was an embedded reporter in a platoon of sky elves. One day the squad came across a group of mandroids with their negacores ripped out as their widowed fembots wept beside them, unwilling to abandon the units of their beloved. There are some things you just can't forget.

Louis fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jan 30, 2015

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
hmmm, i didnt know mandroids had negacores. i guess thats why its ok for them to call each other that way. and not ok for humans to do it

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
im still fighting the shadow war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnINW8cK7pw

id like to talk to you about something i call the... shadow war *ahem*

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I kept the spooks and darkies at bay

Louis
Nov 23, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

hmmm, i didnt know mandroids had negacores. i guess thats why its ok for them to call each other that way. and not ok for humans to do it

Most mandroids have a good sense of humor about it, although it may have just been the kind of camaraderie that is only forged in the fires of war. Nega-Rich, a mandroid sentry I met during my stay at the OmniSpire quickly became my friend. I'd call him tin man and he'd call me meat boy, we spent many days gambling in the holodungeon, drunk on laser wine. He got honorably discharged after getting mauled by a werecougar, but he's doing fine now that his wounds have stopped leaking. We still play cards from time to time.

Louis fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jan 30, 2015

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
I shoveled poo poo in Louisiana.

And thank God I did, cause I still have my gallbladder. Not like you poor bastards that served.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Blazing Zero posted:

im still fighting the shadow war
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnINW8cK7pw

id like to talk to you about something i call the... shadow war *ahem*

actuallyw atched this whole thing and i don't really know why

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
I remember when the Arcane Corps instituted the Academic Draft, started swiping students from Scholariums. Of course, the vast majority couldn't conjure a simple light - let alone anything actually destructive - so they just gave them swords and sent them through the grinder. Those that actually demonstrated proficiency in magic were sent to divisions like mine.

For all the power they commanded, these children were more nervous than a Mind Flayer in a golem factory, jumping at the slightest noise. Their ostentatious crimson-and-gold uniforms (with epaulets, for The Six's sake) were frayed and coated in a thick layer of mud by the first week.

This one girl, couldn't have been a day over 14, raven hair and dark complexion... Meena, I think her name was? It is so easy to forget names. But you never forget faces.

Anyways, this kid was a master of fire, the level of control she had was astounding. She could bore hundred-yard tunnels underground as easily as you and I breathe. I know there are plenty of codgers who claim to be "Masters of the Arcane", but she accomplished in 14 years what took those people a lifetime of study.

Of course, none of this made a difference when the mandroids scryed our camp and ambushed us. Just a moment's loss of concentration, and one of the brightest minds our world had ever seen was reduced to cinders.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I paid my taxes so all of you on unemployment and disability could do this nonsense I dont even understand.

immolationsex
Sep 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I ENJOY RUINING STEAK LIKE A GODDAMN BARBARIAN
i was the guy with the mohawk and mac 10s on the shadow corps recruiting poster. do your part,citizen!

or that may have been the shadowrun core book cover, not sure

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
they called me the butcher of bakersfield..i committed some of the worst shado-war crimes and never regretted it

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
when the mexi-elves invaded i opened fire on unarmed women and elflings, and i'd do it again in a second

RuBIgAqvw
Aug 5, 2014
I wrangled cockroaches for the troops' entertainment. Got many standing ovations. Performers doubled as protein in the lean times. Good gig while it lasted.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Killed Hitler. But who didn't?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
too bad we had to nuke Canada. i always wanted to visit toronto

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Every man in my unit killed Hitler at least once.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!

Fargo Fukes posted:

Danger 5?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Fargo Fukes posted:

I hosed hitler

then i killed him

then i hosed him agian

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
i was a black helicopter pilot during the outer texas campaign, didn't see a whole lot of action during my time there but my unit did have a close encounter with a mexigon about 20 klicks south of San Antonio. fortunately we managed to take off and gtfo before it launched its void swarm, but a company-sized detachment of Dakota Manraptors wasn't so lucky. i feel lovely for saying it but i wasn't too sorry about them, they always seemed like real assholes whenever we operated together and that weird thing they do where they vomit and re-chew their food really grossed me out.

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
Man, the poo poo I saw... I served as a mechapilot, scouting for some Academia regiment. I couldn't wrap my head around a word they said, but they were a lot more amiable than my previous assignment with the Man-Raptors. Dunno why they needed me when they had kids chantin' up fire, but I guess inch thick Honeycomb steel beats robes for hidin' behind. I remember a routine patrol in mandroid turf before they started using their Neggling guns on me, lost half my drat systems in a heartbeat. My comms were shot and I was deep in the poo poo, I had to eject and survive in the wastelands of Toronto for three weeks, hiding with a sympathetic fembot before they found my distress beacon. I was told some of our brightest were lost when the Mandroids found our camp... It haunts me to this day that I wasn't able to tell 'em... *pounds back a jug of rubbing alcohol*

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I was a dog then a rabbit then Abraham Lincoln

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
how the gently caress did the mandroids get so good at finding camps anyways? seem like every time we set up a gd camp here come the fuckin mandroids. it was very frustrating

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

JiveHonky posted:

how the gently caress did the mandroids get so good at finding camps anyways? seem like every time we set up a gd camp here come the fuckin mandroids. it was very frustrating

I think it was bc of the negacores some grunts would keep as trophies. General warned 'em... Mandroids can just sense it.

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014

Jonad posted:

i was a black helicopter pilot during the outer texas campaign, didn't see a whole lot of action during my time there but my unit did have a close encounter with a mexigon about 20 klicks south of San Antonio. fortunately we managed to take off and gtfo before it launched its void swarm, but a company-sized detachment of Dakota Manraptors wasn't so lucky. i feel lovely for saying it but i wasn't too sorry about them, they always seemed like real assholes whenever we operated together and that weird thing they do where they vomit and re-chew their food really grossed me out.

I would be lying if I said I didn't experience some twisted glee when the newbies caught sight of the Manraptors. Still haven't found anything else that inspires a healthy fear of war. Except for seeing the people you killed, of course.

Bobert Bobertson posted:

Man, the poo poo I saw... I served as a mechapilot, scouting for some Academia regiment. I couldn't wrap my head around a word they said, but they were a lot more amiable than my previous assignment with the Man-Raptors. Dunno why they needed me when they had kids chantin' up fire, but I guess inch thick Honeycomb steel beats robes for hidin' behind. I remember a routine patrol in mandroid turf before they started using their Neggling guns on me, lost half my drat systems in a heartbeat. My comms were shot and I was deep in the poo poo, I had to eject and survive in the wastelands of Toronto for three weeks, hiding with a sympathetic fembot before they found my distress beacon. I was told some of our brightest were lost when the Mandroids found our camp... It haunts me to this day that I wasn't able to tell 'em... *pounds back a jug of rubbing alcohol*

Wow, I heard the stories, but they actually overrode your self-repair systems? What happened to your Quetzalcoatl Mainframe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anorexic Robot
Nov 11, 2012
I was Chris Kyle's kill counter

• Locked thread