Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

this thread is dedicated to smythe: my official posting buddy

im an apple guy, i like apple things .but i also like apple failures too. jobs was smarter than you but he let a bunch of lovely or too expensive/unsellable products slide through his chute. i find them fascinating in a way.

here are some jobs era failings (the g4 cube was pretty but also a financial failure)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

op is cruisin for a bruisin

look, we can jerk each others dicks off about apple all day, but its interesting to see what apple did wrong and how they course corrected afterward.

mobile me (bad) -> icloud (great)
puck mouse/mighty mouse (bad) -> magic mouse (great)

that is something apple is very good at. im just peeking at several pivot points that fascinate me.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pram posted:

ok well here u go i challenge you to do better

i dont know what you mean by better in this context (better as in worse computer? better as in better sold? who knows)
there was this thing:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

lol yesss this is exactly the sorta thing i wanted for this thread. you can just tell how much mr. jobs is jazzed about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWSRgsk2oaw

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

pagancow posted:

according to Adobe thread logic all of Apple is poo poo and must be burned to the ground because they shipped one bad thing so I'll leave that out there in the air

actually the macbook air is a good, successful apple product. i didnt read any of your post except for the last word.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

thanks but plz read the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

VLADIMIR GLUTEN posted:

im the loving album art thats 3 pixels wider than the button below it that could have easily been lined up but wasnt

we are in the future now where nothing vertically lines up with anything else anymore. websites, apps, ads, doesnt matter. my "autism" weeps

• Locked thread