Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Plasma Cutter Purity. I believe in you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
This LP is really fantastic. Your delivery in particular is really well-affected.

A couple questions:

1. In chapter 4, what was the message at the end of the trail of blood arrows?

2. Do upgrades to weapons sick if you sell the weapon, then buy it again? Are they transferred across suit upgrades?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 18, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

DumbRodent posted:

Sorry if I'm just being slow, but where in the chapter did you mean? Lots of bloody graffiti around the Ishimura, I get it kind of mixed up sometimes.

At the end of the bloody arrows and "this way"s, it first becomes visible at this point.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

lonesomedwarf posted:

On the subject of tentacles and drag, are there any enemies that have any noticeable genitalia that you can zoom in and linger on in this game? If so I'd really appreciate it if you took the time to do this.

Please go away.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Really glad to see we're still going. Your LP and commentary approach continues to be great, DumbRodent. The new gun, on the other hand... An "enemy must get in close" weapon, given the mechanics of the game, seems pretty bad even if you put a tonna nodes into it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 13, 2015

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

That linked image is tiny. Here's a bigger one:

I don't have much to say, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the LP, as undoubtedly are many others.

According to internet people, the "I believe" thing was part of a further trailhead to a series of codes hidden ingame in graffiti across all the game's chapters that give ingame bonuses like additional power nodes. Apparently some unitology symbols ingame change, appear or disappear when you shine a flashlight on them. These are code-related.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hooray! I asked because I only learned about the harem ending while looking up the graffiti.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

DumbRodent posted:

As for the USM Valor... hmm.

Isn't that just a jet?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Great to see your return!

That said, I'm afraid you missed a cache of phat lewt. The initial arrival room, with the lockdown where you watched the first deaths of the game- once you finish the lockdown of the same room that you encountered in this chapter, an additional door unlocks there- the door that was your initial escape route. A door along that route, which was locked at the start of the game, can be opened to get a large reward.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 10, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Great work, DumbRodent. I look forward to your future projects, and to the bonus post where you personally translate every piece of unitology language in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mostly correct, Kacie. Here's the missing info based just on what the game says, as I understand it:

1. The colony was set up as part of the illicit mining process. The whole thing with the government setting up the marker in secret was way, way before the mining began.

2. The marker was a copy built to study the original marker that was the basis of Unitology. The marker on its own seems to drive people near it insane and make them see dead loved ones, who tell them to do things that the marker "wants". The initial infection into necromorphs seems to have been done by people under the marker's influence. When the government people started getting necro-infected, they discovered that the marker, when put into place, had the effect of silencing and stopping the infestation. We don't know the details of why "returning it" was important, or how/why the thing it was sitting on has its effect, but it seems to amplify the "dead space" the marker produces. They basically put the marker on the pedestal, ran away, and declared the planet off limits.

3. The miners began going crazy when they discovered the marker, and it appears that the necromorph phenomenon began when they removed the marker from its pedestal and sent it to the Ishimura. This is because its suppressive effect was removed.

4. There are a number of signs that the whole mining expedition to Aegis VII was a plot by Unitologists to retrieve the copy marker. Unitology in general, as the name suggests, seems to be a sort of widespread form of the marker's influence.

5. It's unclear why the government now wants the marker back, but it may be just to keep it out of the hands of Unitologists. Earthgov is apparently not crazy evil cultguyz like the unitologists, just dangerously incompetent in deciding what to do with all this eldritch abomination stuff.

6. Isaac left the marker on Aegis VII. The (dumb) ending jump scare seems to imply that its effects on his mind are at least lasting, if not permanent.

I, too, hope DR does the other dead space games, but I gotta admit the series rapidly goes downhill from here, at least by survival horror standards.

• Locked thread