Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

LLJKSiLk posted:

EA Activation servers aren't letting me even join a game. Have been at it for like 4 hours.
Same. But I can join from my friends machine NP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
This beta is rad as poo poo, and I can't wait until the end of next month so I can play the (hopefully) finished product with other PC goons. As soon as I heard WOOP WOOP DATS DA SOUND OF DA PO-LEEEEECE as I mowed a thief down with an armored SUV, I was sold.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Eonwe posted:

im not bitching about the game and if you didn't feel the need to justify your purchase and instead just play your game i would honestly not have made nearly as many posts as i have

WHOOP WHOOP THATS THE SOUND OF THA POLICE WHOOP WHOOP THATS THE SOUND OF THA BEAST

:cop: :cumpolice: :cop:

gently caress THE LAW THEY CAN EAT MY DICK THAT'S WORD TO PIMP

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

DA PANET EARF posted:

I would like to state that this game owns. There is no SRAW, but the game is really good and owns and you should play it becuase it's fun as hell.

Oh yeah and if you're not in CTS and playing with goons you're not cool, there are a TON of goons playing hardline so it's a bit of a clusterfuck but it's still great. Play with goons.

Yeah it's actually not hitler reincarnated but still not sure if it's worth the monies.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

TubeStank posted:

gently caress THE LAW THEY CAN EAT MY DICK THAT'S WORD TO PIMP

El-P is great and I was genuinely surprised to hear him in-game.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Where are the PS4 players at for this?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I had to completely logout from the battlelog website, restart origin and then it let me in. Probably a website cookie issue. Good luck.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am actually really interested in seeing how this goes as a Battlefield Halo game with out tanks and planes.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Just watched a 45 minute quicklook and uninstalled the demo. This looks loving terrible. At least there's the super funny halo joke that hasn't been ran into the ground.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
The most fun thing I've done so far is ride shotgun in the Armored SUV listening to "dat system" as we run "fools" over like it "ain't no thang". I'm also really enjoying the Scout Elite. It comes, at least in the beta, already equipped with a straight pull.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

No mobile AA and no darts for the 870. I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

It's kind of a fresh take on Battlefield 64 player, but without tanks there's no real force multipliers or force projection. Which sucks.

In this game people go whizzing by in cars and trucks constantly, on both teams and nobody really seems to give them much notice, as they're made of cardboard and eventually they'll bump in to one too many palm trees or parked cars and explode on their own.

Compare to more traditional BF games, Tanks will take a loving beating, are immune to small arms fire and can comfortably take on three infantry units or one light armor at range. The formula here is that everyone is more or less equal, with vehicles being only slightly more powerful, although they're mostly a death trap as they're still made from cardboard, riding on glass wheels. Did you hit three parked cars in under a minute on this narrow street? Kaboom.

Definitely going to play tomorrow and probably some more over the weekend, but this feels.... flat. Without tanks there's no depth to gameplay, no strategy, it's just COD with jeeps. After 15 minutes the "cops vs robbahs" patina wears off and it's just a mediocre Battlefield spin-off.

I do want to thank :dice: for letting us see what an off-year low budget version of "Black Ops II" would look like in the Frostbite engine. You'd be crazy to spend $60 on this game when BF4 is only $20.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

The criminals sometimes flip off the thing they're spotting instead of pointing, but that is only funny for so long.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Played a few games of the beta on PC. Confirmed what I already felt from gameplay videos, that its stale and boring and the theme isn't really for me. At least by the time they poo poo out a BF5 I might be ready to give EA some money again.

wuat
Jul 12, 2009
http://puu.sh/fsdjf/99fdbb225a.webm

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

I'm a fan of the Bf4 infantry maps, tanks are not really my thing. I'm enjoying the frenetic pace of this game. Police batoning everyone to death!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Tanks aren't really that necessary in Hardline. In Battlefield tanks were basically ways to break stalemates on taking points or to reinforce them. In Hardline the point is that everyone should be zipping around the map so much that there are no stalemates. A tank in Hardline would be a giant gently caress you to both the setting and the balance when Mechanics don't have rocket launchers by default.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
Crosspost from the BF4 console thread.

Mash posted:

It's so satisfying getting shotgun and sniper rifle kills while hanging out of a car. In all my time playing BF4 I've gotten very few kills with my main arm from inside a vehicle, but I've been dominating guys in Hotwire all day from inside my muscle car.

It's a shame that Conquest Large only has one map. Dustbowl is fun but it usually turns into "storm the motel for until tickets run out".

Also for some reason I had the image in my head of Battlefield but with cowboys. Rollin' in a carriage with your posse, blasting outlaws with lever-action rifles. "Them varmints planted the TNT! Defend the mineshaft, yeehaw!"

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Mash posted:

Crosspost from the BF4 console thread.

Also for some reason I had the image in my head of Battlefield but with cowboys. Rollin' in a carriage with your posse, blasting outlaws with lever-action rifles. "Them varmints planted the TNT! Defend the mineshaft, yeehaw!"

That would be pretty darn cool actually.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

interesting game

Heist is over way to quick sometimes
Hotwire is a lot of fun, no lanes, zipping around
Conquest can suck a fat dick

Dieing really quick but killing people quick so :shrug:, mouse sensitivity seems a bit wack as well

Hard to see people on the map with the crane, texture blur together no colour definition, no issues on dustbowl (prob my bad eyes). Would like to change the graphics but they are greyed out.

interested but at 60% of the price

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Croccers posted:

Where are the PS4 players at for this?

Still installing.

Why on earth it takes upwards of 2+ hours to install loving blows my mind.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

welp hotwire is pretty fun but it gives me motion sickness and makes me feel nauseous :(

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

nrr posted:

welp hotwire is pretty fun but it gives me motion sickness and makes me feel nauseous :(

There's a seperate FoV slider for vehicles I think? Other than that turning off motion blur. Otherwise sorry to hear about that.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
this is how you hotwire btw

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
:lol:
This download speed from AusPSN is just wow.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

So it is as I suspected? The scout has 100% accuracy and no drop?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Mash posted:

Battlefield: Indian Wars

It could never be made, but the gameplay implications are staggering.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
That would be really cool if each expansion just had a reskin set of outfit themes that servers can turn on and off. Cowboys vs Indians, Allies vs Axis. Yea I know it falls on everyones "ARRGH I GOT AN AXE TO GRIND ABOUT A VIDEO GAME, EA" but it would just be a neat little set of cosmetic changes.

I'm not sure how I feel about PDWs. They are really powerful close quarters but are basically giving away a free kill if you try to do anything medium range. I love my PDWs, even if they weren't the most powerful. They were okay enough even at medium range. I love the UMP45 and the Uzi.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

So it is as I suspected? The scout has 100% accuracy and no drop?

It definitely has drop, and I think the accuracy is a byproduct of shooting from a vehicle where you are basically treated as perfectly still even though you're moving around. Just some lucky shots at the end of the day.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So, by class, what is your guys favorite weapons? I'm hoping to get the K10 before the beta ends because I absolutely love the Vector's design, but other than that I really don't know what to unlock. I've been really enjoying the UMP45, it's definitely one of the powerhouse PDWs. And I'm really digging the new red dot sight.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Ularg posted:

So, by class, what is your guys favorite weapons? I'm hoping to get the K10 before the beta ends because I absolutely love the Vector's design, but other than that I really don't know what to unlock. I've been really enjoying the UMP45, it's definitely one of the powerhouse PDWs. And I'm really digging the new red dot sight.

The AKSU(?) for the operator class. I put a grip on it and it seems laser accurate even in full auto at short to medium ranges.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Ularg posted:

The HK51 for the ciminal enforcer is some good poo poo. If you put it on single shot you can drop dudes on medium to long range no problem, and on full-auto it's still fairly capable for point-blank shooting. The cops' SCAR-H seems to be pretty much the same, though I haven't used it as much yet.

DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods
Wow this game is stupid. I like it.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
I think the SA-58 OSW is the best of the enforcer weapons, but it needs to be restrained a lot because it kicks like a motherfucker. The 3.5x scope it has by default doesn't do it any favors either.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So the digital deluxe says it has 10 weeks of content or something like that...any ideas what it is? Don't wanna pick up that version if it's only battlepacks.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Another drug raid for the gay agenda. Someone tell me CQC shadowplayed his gas tanker antics from last night. That 8-9 person explosion of fire and meat was amazing. :ohdear:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

TubeStank posted:

So the digital deluxe says it has 10 weeks of content or something like that...any ideas what it is? Don't wanna pick up that version if it's only battlepacks.

It's guns that can be unlocked through normal play.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Anyone used the Tazer yet?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So I'm building a gaming pc Street not having played much of anything since college. Used to play about of counter-strike (pre source) and UT. Plagued Halo and cod in college, but the fast twitch spaz style really turned me off. Buddy suggested battlefield, which I've not played since 1942, because it's a lil slower and more strategic. Is this still true?

And should I play this or bf4? Will goons be migrating to hardline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Croccers posted:

Anyone used the Tazer yet?

Very short range, one round in the magazine. One hit non-leathal takedown (always the most silent takedown).

• Locked thread