Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

thathonkey posted:

all of the weapons we deploy are loving disturbing such as aerial bombing. with nukes. a sniper is kid poo poo.

that's the point

it is a symbol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

cthulusnewzulubbq posted:

that's the point

it is a symbol

of?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

that's the point

it is a symbol

i get that the strategy behind deploying a nuke vs. a sniper is different i just wanted to point out that all of our weapons are loving scary. crazy how that worked out.

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

detachment
aloofness
casual superiority of arms
video game warfare
ordering up a foreign conflict like a happy meal

don't get me wrong, im sure Clint did a fine job and Unforgiven was brilliant but it's just way too unsettling knowing there's probably a fair amount of folks in line for something altogether different

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
yes i too find it dee ply distrubing when a popular movie depicts war or conflict in any way except with the disgust and horror that i myself have for my fellow citizens, who like american sniper

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
american sniper is v problematic, ad bad

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

american sniper is v problematic, ad bad

i like how i acknowledged how my own feelings were not based on the films merits at all but you can't read

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

detachment
aloofness
video game warfare

don't get me wrong, im sure Clint did a fine job and Unforgiven was brilliant but it's just way too unsettling knowing there's probably a fair amount of folks in line for something altogether different

epic

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

detachment
aloofness
video game warfare

so youve never gotten an erection shooting dudes in battlefiekd 3? im assming you have bc you just used the term videogame warfare lol

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

i like how i acknowledged how my own feelings were not based on the films merits at all but you can't read

im sorry for, not taking your gbs film criticsim seriously *a loud fart ripps thru the air*

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

im sorry for, not taking your gbs film criticsim seriously *a loud fart ripps thru the air*

oh for fucks sake

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010

oh for fucks sake

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't seen it, is it good? Ii like war movies and unforgivien is in my top five movie movies. i liked saving private Ryan, that war was allowed I guess, platoon was good, a bridge too far was freakin literally epic, I like the movie wild at heart and I guess it's ok, what is a good movie? Have you seen supersize me it's about you at ronald mcdonald land or something

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
do u want to see bradley cooper gettin really ripped an shotting people? if so than you will probs like abuot 60% of this movie

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

do u want to see bradley cooper gettin really ripped an shotting people? if so than you will probs like abuot 60% of this movie

I don't know who that is but people getting shot in a war movie sounds cool to me, count me in!

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
fag

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

I don't know who that is but people getting shot in a war movie sounds cool to me, count me in!

it's the guy from the hangover, the short fatty with the beard

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Apocalypse Now is one of my favorite movies of all time but Platoon I think has an even more graphic depiction despite not being as great of an overall film :shrug:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you guys seen Star Wars? It's about a guy who loves droids but wants to fly in a plane

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i love bulging muscles i love fit ripped men

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

Apocalypse Now is one of my favorite movies of all time but Platoon I think has an even more graphic depiction despite not being as great of an overall film :shrug:

that movie is pretty stupid even though it's well made I guess, but it was pre-Star Wars so the effects are considered cool I guess, if your gay

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
i am gay

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
have you guys ever pretended you were on hoth? the ice planet? I have . I wonder what yoda would have to wear to exist in hoth...

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cant loving read im an idiot

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
cool name for a planet IMO ( just dropping a quick duke before the I laws get here sorry for the derail)

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

heh oh turns out this movie was adapted from a book. so yeah if you're actually interested in this subject just go read that.

http://www.alternet.org/culture/7-big-lies-american-sniper-telling-america

A book filled with literal lies.

What the movie didn't show you is when he returned home and effectively claimed to be The Punisher that took out dozens of people in Katrina and killed swaths of gang members, while starting a fistfight with Jesse Ventura.

loving seriously. Oh yeah, the he kept all the money he was supposed to give the charity.

Dude was an rear end in a top hat (that finally ran into another rear end in a top hat).

ED: Oh go look up any article Jesse Ventura is bashing the guy for making up a fist fight with him that never happened that popped out recently because of the movie. Littered with comments of "Ventura is a liar THIS GUY WAS A SEAL AND SEALS ARE 'MURICAN!" pretty much, despite every single shred of evidence.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

neither of those movies i mentioned were pre-star wars

yeah they all pretty much are

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
your gf is the ice planet and your mom, is the swamp planet

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

yeah they all pretty much are

yeah :|

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

dad gay. so what posted:

have you guys seen Star Wars? It's about a guy who loves droids but wants to fly in a plane

never heard of it

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

What the movie didn't show you is when he returned home and effectively claimed to be The Punisher that took out dozens of people in Katrina and killed swaths of gang members, while starting a fistfight with Jesse Ventura.

loving seriously. Oh yeah, the he kept all the money he was supposed to give the charity.

Dude was an rear end in a top hat (that finally ran into another rear end in a top hat).

ED: Oh go look up any article Jesse Ventura is bashing the guy for making up a fist fight with him that never happened that popped out recently because of the movie. Littered with comments of "Ventura is a liar THIS GUY WAS A SEAL AND SEALS ARE 'MURICAN!" pretty much, despite every single shred of evidence.

I didn't read this but I can tell from your spacing that your a pretty retarded fag that should probably kill himself

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

agreed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Blazing Ownager posted:

Dude was an rear end in a top hat

thanks for confirmation was woorried i might have to watch the film

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
:agreed:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I think I'll see it so I can enrich the people who produced it and the actors and Hollywood in general.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
it's fun to be entertained by things, I guess

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
the jews control hollywood and th e media

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Never believe someone with two first names.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

WAMPA_STOMPA posted:

the jews control hollywood and th e media

they are ok in my book then, I loving love medias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

it's fun to be entertained by things, I guess

star wars related things at least. i'd much rather watch star wars right now than apocalypse now or platoon.

• Locked thread