Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

i don't even know the rules, where the hell was this magical store with gently caress off giant wheels of cheese and enormous hams that were like $5-7 each that these bored rear end housewives were filling carts with instead of getting filled by poolboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I don't know what the gently caress was so captivating about this show but I watched it all the time as a kid

Wasn't there a toy store version for kids?

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Didn't like it because my mom and sister wanted to watch it during dinner when Seinfeld happened to be on.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

Santheb posted:

Didn't like it because my mom and sister wanted to watch it during dinner when Seinfeld happened to be on.

i would rather watch supermarket sweep over seinfeld you are a bad son and i will be paying both your mother and sister a visit to show them how the world should be

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

ZergRushing posted:

i would rather watch supermarket sweep over seinfeld you are a bad son and i will be paying both your mother and sister a visit to show them how the world should be

Them be fightin words.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I never understood why they didn't just go to the nearest aisle and throw everything in their cart, then go get a new cart and repeat. Or find a really expensive item and put the entire in-store stock of it in the cart.

Instead they seemed to have these stupid strategies that had them running around the entire supermarket grabbing 2-3 of each item.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

Santheb posted:

Them be fightin words.

sorry bro im too busy watching this crazy bitch solve grocery store themed riddles to fight some sjw (seinfeld justice warrior)

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
It was a set

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

then where the gently caress did they buy giant hams and cheese and huge bottles of windex and laundry detergent to fill their set with then? HMMMMM?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

The Rage posted:

then where the gently caress did they buy giant hams and cheese and huge bottles of windex and laundry detergent to fill their set with then? HMMMMM?

Chains of stores had sponsorship deals to make the set look like their store. It was 3 different stores IIRC over the course of it's existence, two for the US one and one for the British reboot.

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
Big fan of the 'Sweep, I liked the mall themed gameshow too. Shop Til You Drop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw1uGaR2YJk

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

You know what those moms should have bought to max their winnings? Lamb skin condoms

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Butthead posted:

I never understood why they didn't just go to the nearest aisle and throw everything in their cart, then go get a new cart and repeat. Or find a really expensive item and put the entire in-store stock of it in the cart.

Instead they seemed to have these stupid strategies that had them running around the entire supermarket grabbing 2-3 of each item.

They only had a certain number of an item they were allowed to get, gently caress. Did you even watch the show? Smh

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Demon Of The Fall posted:

They only had a certain number of an item they were allowed to get, gently caress. Did you even watch the show? Smh

Uh yeah like 25 years ago when I was too young to care about the rules. Sorry I couldn't remember a minute detail about a TV game show that your mom masturbated to every day.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Butthead posted:

Uh yeah like 25 years ago when I was too young to care about the rules. Sorry I couldn't remember a minute detail about a TV game show that your mom masturbated to every day.

:eyepop:

cause she was a fatty or poor?

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
It's a shame these weird event gameshows didn't catch on instead of boring trivial pursuit Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I will never forgive you Regis.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
list of best gameshows does stack up something like this

1. Jeopardy
2. Legends Of The Hidden Temple
3. Supermarket Sweep

Butthead
May 31, 2011

The Rage posted:

:eyepop:

cause she was a fatty or poor?

Mentally retarded. Seeing all of those people scrambling for groceries excites her.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
supermarket sweep could only be better if they somehow combined it with married with children

legends of the hidden temple and original american gladiators ruled

in new american gladiators they took out all the fun stuff and also let our new breed of fatter americans run up the side of some of the obstacles so the eliminator wouldnt end on the very first one

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

gary oldmans diary posted:

supermarket sweep could only be better if they somehow combined it with married with children

i'm liking where your head is at here friend

Butthead
May 31, 2011

thathonkey posted:

1. Jeopardy
3. Supermarket Sweep

Where is GUTS?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Butthead posted:

You're old as poo poo dude, what was it like when dinosaurs roamed and you're mom still had to use a crank dildo?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
heh i was just looking up gak to see which nickelodeon gameshow that was from and apparently the creator admitted to naming it after heroin :allears:

but anyway it was Double Dare

Butthead
May 31, 2011

Nooner posted:

You're old as poo poo dude, what was it like when dinosaurs roamed and you're mom still had to use a crank dildo?

Dinosaurs were sweet but I accidentally wiped them all out when pulling out of your grandma and splooging all over the ground. They started imitating her by licking it up from the dirt and apparently it was toxic to dinosaurs.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Butthead posted:

Dinosaurs were sweet but I accidentally wiped them all out when pulling out of your grandma and splooging all over the ground. They started imitating her by licking it up from the dirt and apparently it was toxic to dinosaurs.

Your poison sperm made dinosaur heaven too full

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

thathonkey posted:

1. Jeopardy
3. Supermarket Sweep

its really strange that you could accidentally type jeopardy somehow when you clearly were talking about the match game

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

gary oldmans diary posted:

http://bundy-online.blogspot.com/2013/01/you-better-shop-around-part-2.html

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
^nice

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

its really strange that you could accidentally type jeopardy somehow when you clearly were talking about the match game

The rogues gallery of lecherous and intoxicated 70's celebrities was truly a televised wonder.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Bob Barker era the price is right was the platonic ideal of a game show.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
There was a point in the 80s-90s where Britain had stolen every single one of America's game shows, and I'm thankful for it every day. As is Dale Winton.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op is dale winton, this is the only explanation for this thread

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I remember this show but i cant remember to pay my bills on time

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Chains of stores had sponsorship deals to make the set look like their store. It was 3 different stores IIRC over the course of it's existence, two for the US one and one for the British reboot.

Thank God someone knows this.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BIG BOY EXPO 2K posted:

The match game isn't really a gameshow, more of a multi panel talk show where they are gracious enough to let 2 random normal people interact with the insane stars.

old wooden ships
Jan 22, 2015

thathonkey posted:

1. American Gladiators
3. Supermarket Sweep

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

shout outs to my nigga tino monte and all that loving nabob

:canada:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

op is dale winton, this is the only explanation for this thread

Sorry only AMERICAN super market sweep for me

Also shouldn't it have been called like Tesco sweep or some poo poo for you guys, you only have like one store

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

gameshows need to go back to giving away worthless prizes like on the original let's make a deal.

"you can either keep the $35 you've won or risk it all for a chance to win this used nintendo wii"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Might as well also mention the worst gameshow ever: wheel of fortune. What a turd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dale Winton huh? That is the whitest name I have ever heard.

• Locked thread