Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Foodchain posted:

There's a 50k hard cap on blood coins. As well, coin gains are capped at 50k weekly.

While this is true, I want to clarify that if anyone's worried about buying a pack and hitting the blood coin ceiling and somehow missing out on value, your blood coins WILL go over the 50k cap if you buy a pack that puts you over. You'll just stop accumulating additional blood coins from matches until you've spent enough to bring you back below the cap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
Well I'm retarded and rushed into trying one of the four accounts I had instead of looking for the one I dropped $30 on. Glad everyone's having an alright time getting it fixed though, I can't wait to jump back into this

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Just tried playing a few games after, according to the game, a 615 day hiatus.

I suck. Grimrog is still the coolest.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

SUBLIME! posted:

Well I'm retarded and rushed into trying one of the four accounts I had instead of looking for the one I dropped $30 on. Glad everyone's having an alright time getting it fixed though, I can't wait to jump back into this

Delinking accounts seems to take a while, I still haven't gotten a response. Someone on the steam forums said it took them 3 days. You should fill out a support form asap.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I am pure wrecking as Samus, after starting on Sunday. This game is daunting at first but if you have any fighting game/arena experience its ez to get going

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~

koolkal posted:

Delinking accounts seems to take a while, I still haven't gotten a response. Someone on the steam forums said it took them 3 days. You should fill out a support form asap.

yeah I sent one immediately after finding which the right one was so now all that's left is the wait. I was really hoping to play a bit today but it's all my fault cause I'm a dummy.

Still, a couple days' wait is better than never planning playing the game again because of all the Funcom garbage ruining the playerbase

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Sentinel is the best. I wanna learn him and git gud, he makes all the best noises (bonk) and hook shotting around everywhere feels like playing Bionic Commando

Also, Grimrog's teleport is very clearly the same sound effect as Shadow Fiend's raze!!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
Blood Priest is the funnest bloodline because you can be a goon stereotype dashing around loving over the enemy team.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Blood Priest is right up there with Engineer for "cool bloodline that I'm waaaay too stupid to understand"

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Blood priest doesnt seem that complicated

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
What's the best setup for idling? I want to unlock Metal Warden but I just bought Sentinel and :effort:.

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

Anatharon posted:

What's the best setup for idling? I want to unlock Metal Warden but I just bought Sentinel and :effort:.

I use 5v5 with infinite time limit on capture the artefact. I use the map that's call something like Sky Temple. It's the the one of the two CTA maps that's higher up on the list. I make all the bots be Glutton with 5 easy bots on the enemy team. I put 2 easy and 2 medium bots on my team. Shortest game I've seen was half an hour, and I've hit the 90 minute server shutdown a few times.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

:psyduck:

Apparently a bunch of former players that all went on to become Hearthstone, SC2, etc streamers are all considering having some BLC days in the future. The Hype Train doesn't stop!

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Minrad posted:

Apparently a bunch of former players that all went on to become Hearthstone, SC2, etc streamers are all considering having some BLC days in the future. The Hype Train doesn't stop!

Apparently 2GD worked as a esports manager for BLC way back in the day.

Game is good and I'm still bad. Assholes harassing me when I'm healing make melee look easier than it is :saddowns:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Arzachel posted:

Apparently 2GD worked as a esports manager for BLC way back in the day.

Yeah, he's mentioned really missing it before, as recently as an interview at TI4. Maybe he'll help host some tournament for old time's sake.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Minrad posted:

I'm not sure if the Runescape or Zelda streams are more surprising.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Anatharon posted:

I'm not sure if the Runescape or Zelda streams are more surprising.

Today I learned that speedrunning Runescape quests is a thing that exists.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Runescape is consistently in the top 15 games on twitch by viewership. It's weird.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Shab posted:

Runescape is consistently in the top 15 games on twitch by viewership. It's weird.
Everyone is just trying to see some rear end & titties again like that one time.

Games that lots of people play tend to be higher in the watched list. That's all there is to it. Runescape is still wildly popular. There are only a few games where there's no stream presence or far more of a stream presence than a player base.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Khorne posted:

Everyone is just trying to see some rear end & titties again like that one time.

Games that lots of people play tend to be higher in the watched list. That's all there is to it. Runescape is still wildly popular. There are only a few games where there's no stream presence or far more of a stream presence than a player base.

Uh right. I think that's obvious. The fact that Runescape is still wildly popular is what's weird, not that more players = more twitch viewers.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Khorne posted:

Runescape is still wildly popular.

Uhh what the gently caress?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Uhh what the gently caress?

That's what I thought. Thing just got a new/updated graphics engine even.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Well, still waiting on them to delink my account. I don't understand how something so simple can take this long unless they're on vacation or something.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Well they're a tiny studio working on multiple things at once and they have to communicate with Valve to make it happen, maybe the best option is to try not to be a ditz.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Yeah, it's my fault for not remembering which of 3 accounts all tied to the exact same email address for a game I played 3 years is the correct one while a small company can't seem to figure out how to solve the #1 issue being posted on their forums. The fact that it's not one of their main priorities to fix a problem preventing people who already have committed to their game previously and actually bother using their Google doc form is even sillier. Companies spend a lot of money trying to attract interest and customers while these guys seem to be fine ignoring people who actually have shown interest.

Also, I don't know why you think Valve has anything to do with this.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 6, 2015

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
They just sent out a mass-wave of account delink emails so for everyone having the problem you should be able to do it now.

Ahahaha amazing, my account is now tied to a 4th BLC account.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 6, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

koolkal posted:

Yeah, it's my fault for not remembering which of 3 accounts all tied to the exact same email address for a game I played 3 years is the correct one

I updated the OP to make the link explaining how to tell which account is which more obvious.

koolkal posted:

They just sent out a mass-wave of account delink emails so for everyone having the problem you should be able to do it now.

Ahahaha amazing, my account is now tied to a 4th BLC account.

I dunno, there's a way to figure this out and I guess since the game is now in low maintenance post-Funcom mode I can't really fault them if you've managed to gently caress it up 4 times in a row...?

Foodchain
Oct 13, 2005

koolkal posted:

Yeah, it's my fault for not remembering which of 3 accounts all tied to the exact same email address for a game I played 3 years is the correct one while a small company can't seem to figure out how to solve the #1 issue being posted on their forums. The fact that it's not one of their main priorities to fix a problem preventing people who already have committed to their game previously and actually bother using their Google doc form is even sillier. Companies spend a lot of money trying to attract interest and customers while these guys seem to be fine ignoring people who actually have shown interest.

Also, I don't know why you think Valve has anything to do with this.

Have you purchased anything on your main account? You can also log into the funcom site to look around your account before linking it. I was able to identify my main account by viewing payment history. If you've never purchased anything, the date created timestamp on the funcom site might be helpful.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Foodchain posted:

Have you purchased anything on your main account? You can also log into the funcom site to look around your account before linking it. I was able to identify my main account by viewing payment history. If you've never purchased anything, the date created timestamp on the funcom site might be helpful.

No, otherwise it would be pretty easy to figure out which Funcom account is tied to the BLC account I actually used. But I'm sure there will now be an 11th person suggesting the exact same solution that's now in the OP as well.

koolkal fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Feb 6, 2015

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I guess my other question is why have so many accounts in the first place

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Minrad posted:

I guess my other question is why have so many accounts in the first place

Funcom used to have this nasty habit of getting their accounts hacked really often and locking them and their support was poo poo so it was easier just making a new account.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
If you know the screen names (should be in the confirmation emails if you can dig up those), you can try looking up the profiles ingame.

Any tips for Guardian? I'm trying to branch out of Inhib/Pomp and apparently I'm terrible at anything melee.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Feb 6, 2015

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!
Nah, all the old emails only contain the funcom username which is different from the ingame names, which is what caused the problem because I don't know which account name corresponds to which profile. Not that it matters anymore since I've narrowed it down to the right one. Just waiting for them to send out another account delink wave.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I have a bunch of accounts (stuff like an 11 year old Anarchy Online account) and having no clue which one was my main BLC account I just piled all the information I could dig up on them on Funcom support (who replied very fast, on a Sunday) - what games I've played, how one account has way more BLC than the others, what my in game name was. I don't know what means they have to check this stuff or if it was more than a lucky guess but they connected the right one for me. :shrug:

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Arzachel posted:

Any tips for Guardian? I'm trying to branch out of Inhib/Pomp and apparently I'm terrible at anything melee.

Her swing does more damage the more longer shw goes without swinging, so it may be worth ti to hold left click back until you can hit multiple folks with it.
Her Q and right click are her main tools, and can be used in conjunction if the other hits. Other than that stay with your team, there are tanks like glutton that can run into a group of 3 and be fine but Gaurdian R and E aren't as sustainable as other tanks.

She's hard to play, I would recommend starting with Glutton if you want to learn melee.

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
Got my issue fixed and this game is great again! except I'm missing one of my gunner outfits :mad:

Metal warden is as fun as I remember her being

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Arzachel posted:

If you know the screen names (should be in the confirmation emails if you can dig up those), you can try looking up the profiles ingame.

She applies a ton of aoe pressure and especially burst damage for a tank; hitting m1 with 4 stacks cleaves for like, what, 200 damage? If you land her m2, m1, space bar, m1 on two+ people you've basically won the game at that point since you've done like 700 damage to two people and interrupted a few casts. The trade off is that she has weak CC for a tank, so you need to be very careful using the CC that you do have.

Other things:
Her trance is as good as any, iirc it applies silence in an aoe where she lands
Her Chain Heal EX does an absurd amount of healing if you need to take pressure off your team (it's like 700 total shared amount 2 or 3 people?)
Her Intervene EX lets her cross walls, since it's a leap instead of a charge. Good for escaping, or catching people trying to escape.
Her q, Chains, isn't just an incap but it also locks cooldowns. Really nice for applying pressure after you see any kind of defensive or movement ability from a healer, rather than using it randomly.
She's great at applying damage but she does have a shield and two friendly heals

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
What hero should I play if they all feel the same to me? I'm not getting any of the MOBA hero variety from this game, every swing/projectile feels exactly the same. Nomad is pretty fun because her gimmick means positioning is huge. Maybe I need to stick with one hero more to feel the differences.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

The Royal Scrub posted:

What hero should I play if they all feel the same to me? I'm not getting any of the MOBA hero variety from this game, every swing/projectile feels exactly the same. Nomad is pretty fun because her gimmick means positioning is huge. Maybe I need to stick with one hero more to feel the differences.

Metal Warden has a lot of combo potential and to me plays very differently than most champions. Stalker can zip around to an insane extent if you want to try someone whose mobility is on the opposite end of the spectrum from Nomad.

Don't forget to take the EX abilities into account. In some cases they really change how a champ plays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

The Royal Scrub posted:

I heard the same complaint from a friend that I got to try this game. I think there's a ton of variety in how the heroes play even though the abilities themselves aren't that unique, but that might not shine through in bot matches. What bloodlines have you tried out?

• Locked thread