Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

I really like benzos. Xanax, clon, ativan...theyre all good! I was jw, what do you guys think of benzos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
cant remember

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I dont know what does your mom think of them

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
they chill

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
dont take them benzos :(

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I dont know what does your mom think of them

my mother used to take them with whiskey and pass out on the couch. Nothing could rouse her in that state, we all just had to wait until she eventually sobered up, and this could take 9-14 hours depending on how much xanax she decided to take with her liquor :(

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Let me tell you all about how im a broken drug addict

archerb
Mar 3, 2005
I wish I could get my doctor to prescribe cool things to me but I'm old now so I feel bad about lying just to get fuqqed up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
they good

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've been taking Xanax every day for nearly 18 years for generalized anxiety disorder. I'm still surprised that my doctor has been willing to prescribe them to me for so long, but at this point I figure I'll keep taking them for the rest of my life if possible.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
I have a friend whose a drug counselor for at risk youth and she's a lifetime benzo taker. She's had scripts for all this poo poo since she was a kid and insists she needs them but I really feel like its just a crutch and addiction. We went skydiving and were amazed at how calm she was. Oh right because she popped a Xanax and a kaladapin that cheating bitch. Learn to cope with some loving anxiety for Christs sake you pussies.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

He's great, I love amazon.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

dMastri posted:

I have a friend whose a drug counselor for at risk youth and she's a lifetime benzo taker. She's had scripts for all this poo poo since she was a kid and insists she needs them but I really feel like its just a crutch and addiction. We went skydiving and were amazed at how calm she was. Oh right because she popped a Xanax and a kaladapin that cheating bitch. Learn to cope with some loving anxiety for Christs sake you pussies.

Your anxiety isn't the same as the anxiety of people with anxiety disorders. You don't know what they're going through.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
benzos are loving awesome... for the first six months

then they start fogging up your brain and making you stupid and eventually they become as hard to quit as any street drug you can name

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Xanax works for me, ativan is nice too, different kick on that one than my xanies.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

love givin' my eyeball a light dusting of benzos and then uhh... I don't remember what comes next but it's great

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

thathonkey posted:

cant remember

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

*plays ocarina in hospital*

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
please dont mock the operating system of my luxury car just because you can't afford one

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

thathonkey posted:

cant remember

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

benzos are cool if your access to them is somehow limited to maybe 1-4mg in a given month. When you have steady access and you're binging them or stuck in a roofie circle or something, it's really bad. If you ever come out of the fog, on the other side you'll be able to look back and see all the destruction you wrought on yourself with no memory of how or why.

Lifetime rx'ers are different some of those people just aren't sane without that medication, severe anxiety looks just as loving crazy as an unmedicated schizo.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

The Dennis System posted:

Your anxiety isn't the same as the anxiety of people with anxiety disorders. You don't know what they're going through.

Yeah. it's not like "oh man this stressful thing is giving me stress". It's more like "I have repeated symptoms that are indistinguishable to me from a very real physical emergency such as a heart attack every day or sometimes multiple times a day even if all I do is lay down on the couch with my eyes closed trying to relax"

There's some other medications that aren't nearly as dangerous but of course there's none that work as fast or as well as the benzo's which is why they're still around. If you just wanna get high theres like way better drugs

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Benzos are fun if you don't get addicted to them. Like alcohol withdrawing from benzodiazepines can kill you. Seizures aren't fun,don't do benzos to the point where you have to take them everyday or else you'll seizure out.

AMINAL
Dec 6, 2014
Benzos are nice but quite addictive

In the long run beta blockers are way better at anxiety disorders IMO

Kosher Pickup Line
Jan 10, 2008

Hair Elf

Kosher Pickup Line fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Feb 7, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jose posted:

they good

nisroc
Feb 20, 2011
They are too good. I Wish I had the discipline to not get addicted to benzo, coming home on a Friday night after a stressful week and poping tow to three Valium's is heaven, but I know if is started doing that it would escalate to "after a stressful day" and not "a stressful week."

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the trick is to get 90 .5mg klons scripted for the month, then eat them all in the first week. then you don't get addicted!

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

dMastri posted:

yeah i know some drug counselors and they all have serious rx pill habits (oxy, ativan, etc)

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
also:

etizolam is the best but good luck not getting addicted if you've got a steady supply

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

TheSlutPit posted:

I really like benzos. Xanax, clon, ativan...theyre all good! I was jw, what do you guys think of benzos?

I recently learned that Benzos affect Gaba A receptors.

There is a drug called Phenibut that affects the Gaba B receptors. Gaba B receptors aren't as efficient as the A receptors, so the drug works differently, and I've read the dependency that develops is way worse than with Benzos, with worse withdrawal effects and it's harder to get off of it.

Basically, Phenibut IS Gaba, with a phenyl ring molecule attached to each Gaba molecule that basically makes it shoot straight in to your Gaba B receptors.

And what is really lol, is that Phenibit isn't recognized by the FDA as a drug. So that means anyone can sell it as a supplement in the USA!

Even more lol, is that that Dave "Bulletproof Coffee" Asprey guy is selling it on his site.

Lol! For your health! :D

I am Toni Lippi
Aug 16, 2004
I take them as needed for my tension headaches but all it does is make me sleepy. I don't see what the big deal is about.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Me and Lorenzo rollin in a Benzo

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

I am Toni Lippi posted:

I take them as needed for my tension headaches but all it does is make me sleepy. I don't see what the big deal is about.

If you take them too often you develop a dependency. That means you will notice if you don't take another dose after 12-24 hours, you will start to feel really anxious and shaky. That is because your Gaba A receptors become unable to uptake Gaba without the drug. In order to fix this, you have to slowly taper down your dosage until you can stop taking it without feeling anxious. And even if you feel you were able to get off, you might all of a sudden months later start to feel withdrawal effects again with seemingly no explanation, and you have no choice but to go back on the drug.

It's best not to take anything that fucks with any of your Gaba receptors at all, really.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

yeah i know some drug counselors and they all have serious rx pill habits (oxy, ativan, etc)

would you accept sex advice from a catholic priest

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Maldoror posted:

I recently learned that Benzos affect Gaba A receptors.

There is a drug called Phenibut that affects the Gaba B receptors. Gaba B receptors aren't as efficient as the A receptors, so the drug works differently, and I've read the dependency that develops is way worse than with Benzos, with worse withdrawal effects and it's harder to get off of it.

Basically, Phenibut IS Gaba, with a phenyl ring molecule attached to each Gaba molecule that basically makes it shoot straight in to your Gaba B receptors.

And what is really lol, is that Phenibit isn't recognized by the FDA as a drug. So that means anyone can sell it as a supplement in the USA!

Even more lol, is that that Dave "Bulletproof Coffee" Asprey guy is selling it on his site.

Lol! For your health! :D

phenibut is good and stops working when you take too much rather than causing a week long blackout

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I am Toni Lippi posted:

take a handful and then you'll see

Combat Scarf
Jun 21, 2006

INTERVENTION! INTERVENTION!

As far as I know, only 1 of 2 drug types where you can die from trying to quit your addiction cold turkey. Freaky.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the most high maintenance addiction

IF I CANT HAVE YOU NO ONE WILL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I am Toni Lippi posted:

a dose above what's prescribed, provided you can stay awake, is akin to being drunk without all the horse poo poo that comes with drinking.

think totally relaxed, little twinges of euphoria, kind of a blissful little stupor.

Then you start taking too much and that total relaxation develops into a weird kind of narcissism and sociopathy and before you know it you're just stealing things because you felt like it and you're engaging in reckless and dangerous behavior constantly without realizing it.

• Locked thread