Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redwolf
Aug 9, 2011

I do not approve of your posting good sir! Not at all!
Welcome to the Australian politics thread where we blah blah no one cares because

:frogsiren: Newman is loving gone! :frogsiren:

Shockingly Campbell Newman, the glans that walks like a man, and his LNP have proven everyone wrong by showing that it is actually possible to be too stupid, corrupt and evil for Queensland to support. I know, it seems contrary to all sense but here we are. Enjoy Wayne Swan expressing the collective feelings of the latte sipping communists that make up this thread.

Newman is dead, Abbott is bleeding and the sharks have begun to circle. All in all, a rare time of optimism for Auspol, so let us all come together in the spirit of spiteful schadenfreude and enjoy this brief lull before we return to our great home country's regularly scheduled crimes against humanity and erosion of every value we hold dear.

We have an irc channel but you probably won't like it and we don't really want you there. Weblink here.

:siren: If you're thinking about joining us on #auspol here are some things you should know: :siren:
  • We STRONGLY SUGGEST that you register your nick with Nickserv so we can add you to the voiced list. To do so, just /msg nickserv help register and follow the instructions. Bug ewe2 if you really need help.

• Since the irc is full of Australians and therefore poo poo and terrible people who don't think or learn without being repeatedly beaten about the head, we have a word filter that will kick you for saying certain words. These are mostly unfunny jokes chosen by and changing at the capricious whims of the mods, but it also watches out for certain gendered slurs and words which are considered unacceptable, and for which the mods will ban you for one day if you use. We don't apologise for this and don't really care how you feel about it. Please also avoid offensive fake user@hosts, you will be banned until you change them if you want to participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Holy poo poo it's Redwolf

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
And we won in football so it's been a pretty good day

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

DEMOCRACY BUBBLY WOOOOO :getin:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Holy crap Redwolf posted.

Also, victory pancakes are sweet.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

She never left :ssh:

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
-9.9% swing against Katter's Australia Party. rip

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
I, for one, welcome our new wolf overlords.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Bundaburg seat - 22% swing against LNP. Holy poo poo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ColtMcAsskick posted:

-9.9% swing against Katter's Australia Party. rip

KAP only ran a few candidates and so lots of the people who voted for them last time voted Labor instead.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

is this real life

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Now, it's QLD Labor's job to pull their poo poo together really quick. Because it's not gonna be hard to be better than Newman, but it is going to be hard for them to do so in an orderly manner while they're trying to piece together the fact they won in the first place.

Newman might've been evil, but he was productive enough that he could pretend he had a plan for prosperity.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
it feels so surreal, i totally expected for the LNP to still be the government and i didn't want to let my hopes up but :drat:

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
Only now do I realize the dark side of having an ideologically pure facebook feed.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
Tony has a press conference scheduled for Monday. Every question is going to be about his Leadership. He's already set to dump his PPL scheme.

He won't last a week. OneTermTony is toast.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

It seems like a bunch of the Labor MPs were ones previously ousted from office?

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
I'm not leaving till Richard gives a good ol pash on Van Olsen.

Redwolf
Aug 9, 2011

I do not approve of your posting good sir! Not at all!

Those On My Left posted:

Holy poo poo it's Redwolf

How could i not come back to join you all in joyous celebration of Newman getting kicked in the dick.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Yay, it's Redwolf! :neckbeard:!

I'm giddy, this is turning out to be quite a good day. I was not expecting this kind of swing!

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
http://www.ecsa.sa.gov.au/elections/2015-davenport-by-election/davenport-results-menu/districtsummary/709

Looks like Davenport will remain a Liberal seat. 75% counted, 2pp favours Libs 52.1 to ALP 47.9.

This is a seat the tories usually win on first preferences.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

cpaf posted:

is this real life

Or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide.......

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Comstar posted:

Tony has a press conference scheduled for Monday. Every question is going to be about his Leadership. He's already set to dump his PPL scheme.

My nipples harden until they are hard enough to cut diamonds.

Come, it is time.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Even if all the pre-polling and postal votes and all those that haven't been counted yet turn out to be for the LNP and they snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat, who cares, Newman has admitted his career in politics is over :swoon:

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
It's federal leadership HASHTAG #SPILL time boys and girls!

Personally I think Tony's safe because election defeat is all but certain so they're not in OH GOD WE NEED TO WIN mode but OH GOD SOFTEN THE BLOW so a leadership split at this stage would damage the party more than they would gain by dropping Tones. He'll bow out at their loss to save some face and get that right-wing diplomatic posting he wants to keep him quiet and forgotten while they can ride the 'fresh chance' in opposition ticket on a Turnbull / Morrison combo.

BUT THAT WON'T STOP THE #SPILL BABY

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol @ tears from the LNP woman on News24 about the number of interstate Labor people coming to QLD to help QLD Labor :qq:

UNIONS!!!!!!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Wayne Swan is laying down some pretty sick burns.

Unions rule

-Wayne Swan.

Brayds2006
Aug 21, 2011
What a night for Australia.

Newman's done, the Socceroos have won, and Abbott's gonna get kicked in the bum.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Comstar posted:

You think a man like that is going to gracefully step down for the good of the party? Or let himself be ousted without fighting like a hellcat and setting fire to the curtains? I suspect they'll stick with him, although I really do hope they have a crack and wind up destroying the government from the inside like Rudd did.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

You Am I posted:

lol @ tears from the LNP woman on News24 about the number of interstate Labor people coming to QLD to help QLD Labor :qq:

UNIONS!!!!!!

A bloo a bloo Dempsey lost his seat because his opponents campaigned against him.

Piss off you born to rule fucks

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

KAP only ran a few candidates and so lots of the people who voted for them last time voted Labor instead.

What caused them to fall apart between the last election and now? The only time I ever heard anything about them was whenevr Katter said something homophobic.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Redwolf posted:

How could i not come back to join you all in joyous celebration of Newman getting kicked in the dick.

Freeze Peach says hi

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:siren:UNIONS:siren:
:siren:bikie gangs:siren:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Comstar posted:

OneTermTony is toast.

Half Term Tony, you actually have to last a whole term to earn the One Term moniker :c00lbert:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Jesus some of these margins are miniscule.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

What caused them to fall apart between the last election and now? The only time I ever heard anything about them was whenevr Katter said something homophobic.

No idea. Targetting fewer seats was probably a smart move though. They still might end up with the balance of power.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

You Am I posted:

UNIONS!!!!!!

Funny how the unions came all the way from Victoria, but Tony couldn't make it from Canberra. Shame that, he could've helped the LNP for sure.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The swing against Kapper honestly kind of bums me out, I don't live in a dusty, 'rural' area, but rural Queensland absolutely needs more effective representation. Not saying Katter offers that, but they need voices.

epipen
Aug 11, 2014

nyoom

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

exactly that.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hey guys so I've been out today and then spent the evening playing some video games with friends what did I mi...

:stare: :stare: :stare:

:stare:

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Wayne Swan is laying down some pretty sick burns.

Unions rule

-Wayne Swan.

I hope swanny actually said that. Hopefully someone is putting together a YouTube video of all the tears/sick burns tonight...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I think it was mentioned in the other thread that KAP didn't run the same amount of candidates in this election as they did in 2012, so the KAP votes this time went to Labor

• Locked thread