Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I personally believe that he was a genuine serial rapist.

It's more how this all happened that seems 'off' to me. Why was this known but not cared about for so long? And now it just comes out of nowhere. And Cosby was one of the most powerful black men in the US. I've been toying with the idea that someone was sitting on this information and decided they needed to silence him for whatever reason. Seems like very many prominent black leaders in this country end up with tarnished reputations, or dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

hmmm... nope

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

do you mean the situation where an alleged serial rapist is the mascot of YOSPOS, a forum under the larger banner of Something Awful? yeah that's p strange

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

do you mean the situation where an alleged serial rapist is the mascot of YOSPOS, a forum under the larger banner of Something Awful? yeah that's p strange

you diddle a bunch of kids and now everybody gets up in arms!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

shut up netface
Jun 15, 2008

eternalname posted:

I personally believe that he was a genuine serial rapist.

It's more how this all happened that seems 'off' to me. Why was this known but not cared about for so long? And now it just comes out of nowhere. And Cosby was one of the most powerful black men in the US. I've been toying with the idea that someone was sitting on this information and decided they needed to silence him for whatever reason. Seems like very many prominent black leaders in this country end up with tarnished reputations, or dead.

If there is a conspiracy, wouldn't "they" bring him down at the peak of his popularity? The only reason that it was brought to massive media attention was because Hannibal Burress referenced the handful of accusations that were largely ignored because, he at the time was still "America's dad". The public could not convince themselves that the kindly goofy black man who plays a doctor on TV (not to mention one of the only black doctors on TV at the time) was raping drugged women in his dressing room, and had been doing so for years. It was like with the Kevin Clash thing. We refused to believe such an innocent figure could commit horrible things.

shut up netface fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jan 31, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

white devils trying to gently caress over a respected and successful black man just like mj and oj

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
bill cosby is only guilty of giving drugs to white women and then, when they were asleep, fondly touching their asses for a long time....

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
It's a bit strange. He won't leave, and he keeps trying to get me to drink this tea.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

It's a bit strange. He won't leave, and he keeps trying to get me to drink this tea.

now this, I can heartily laugh at.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

white devils trying to gently caress over a respected and successful black man just like mj and oj

came here to post this

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Blue Train posted:

mj, oj, cj, kj, fj, hj and bj are black people and I will gently caress them all over by saying they did uncouth things with their wangs ~ a white devil, going over an extremely long to-do list

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

guess it's too late to cash in these cosbycoins huh

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me

shut up netface posted:

If there is a conspiracy, wouldn't "they" bring him down at the peak of his popularity? The only reason that it was brought to massive media attention was because Hannibal Burress referenced the handful of accusations that were largely ignored because, he at the time was still "America's dad". The public could not convince themselves that the kindly goofy black man who plays a doctor on TV (not to mention one of the only black doctors on TV at the time) was raping drugged women in his dressing room, and had been doing so for years. It was like with the Kevin Clash thing. We refused to believe such an innocent figure could commit horrible things.

That's the thing though, to me, that's a weak explanation, Hannibal Burress.

According to Patton Oswalt and Roseanne Barr, literally everyone in comedy circles has known about this forever. It was an open secret. And you had cases brought up against Cosby years and years before any of this, and nobody gave a poo poo.

Why did the media never run with any of this before? Why did none of these women come forward? It's all because some random comedian had a 30 second bit about it in one of his sets? How many people off the street would even know who Hannibal Burress was before this happened?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

these accusations always seem to happen when the dude is ancient and about to die

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Assumed innocent until proven guilty.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
He was puddin' his pop where it don't belong

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

mj, oj, cj, kj, fj, hj and bj are black people and I will gently caress them all over by saying they did uncouth things with their wangs ~ a white devil, going over an extremely long to-do list

thats you at the end huh

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Blue Train posted:

This. Its all about racism imo

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I think Hannibal Buress is pretty funny.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I've forgotten about it because I'm not some old fogey obsessed with the past.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
cosby is part of the black entertainment cabal, it also includes oprah, quincy jones, etc and they do hosed up sex poo poo to black actors in exchange for "making" them

watch as much or as little of this as you want http://vimeo.com/24619894

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i think other black entertainers got tired of him yelling at black youth for not bootstrapping or something

its the equivalent of getting whacked

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Assumed innocent until proven guilty.

not when it comes to rape for some reason.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

not when it comes to rape for some reason.

yase tell me more about taking teh red pill~

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jose Oquendo posted:

not when it comes to rape being black for some reason.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

wow stay away form that bike shop lol

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
never having wasted my time on the cosby show was the i brought u into this world i can take you out of it actually meant that parents really could murder their children? cuz thats a) hosed up and b) awesome.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Frostwerks posted:

never having wasted my time on the cosby show was the i brought u into this world i can take you out of it actually meant that parents really could murder their children? cuz thats a) hosed up and b) awesome.

the 80's was the last time parents could really beat the poo poo out of their kids so yeah sometimes things went a bit too far

sometimes kids deserve it though

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

eternalname posted:

Seems like very many prominent black leaders in this country end up with tarnished reputations, or dead.

Cosby was only a "prominent black leader" to racist old white guys.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

he was framed by the Illuminati and NWO

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

Cosby was only a "prominent black leader" to racist old white guys.

he was a pretty powerful figure in black entertainment. he helped launch the careers of many black actors and entertainers.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Jose Oquendo posted:

he was a pretty powerful figure in black entertainment. he helped launch the careers of many black actors and entertainers.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

exactly

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

so what is jazz from the fresh prince doing now?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

so what is jazz from the fresh prince doing now?

DJ and producer

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

these accusations always seem to happen when the dude is ancient and about to die

look at that fukcing lazy eye holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
He's actually a pretty talented DJ.

• Locked thread