Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Don't doxx me plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Danger Mahoney posted:

I think there is a lot of mental gymnastics going on for white people who are outraged at Cosby, a black man, but are pretty ambivalent and go on about separating the artist from his work when watching Polanski films.

The current reason is that the holocaust made him rape a little girl

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on he who declares, not on he who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty. In many nations, presumption of innocence is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial. The burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which has to collect and present enough compelling evidence to convince the trier of fact, who is restrained and ordered by law to consider only actual evidence and testimony that is legally admissible, and in most cases lawfully obtained, that the accused is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused is to be acquitted.

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

"There are fair questions about shooting non-lethally at retreating civilian combatants."

serious norman posted:

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (the burden of proof is on he who declares, not on he who denies), is the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty. In many nations, presumption of innocence is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial. The burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which has to collect and present enough compelling evidence to convince the trier of fact, who is restrained and ordered by law to consider only actual evidence and testimony that is legally admissible, and in most cases lawfully obtained, that the accused is guilty beyond reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused is to be acquitted.
Witness testimony counts as evidence. In fact, in our legal system, witness testimony is the largest provider of evidence in pretty much any given conviction.

You have ~30 women all coming forward, each able to prove they were in the same place at the same time with Bill Cosby with factually consistent and detailed stories. That's overwhelming evidence.

Were they all lying, in order to earn the fame and glory that come with being a rape victim? The rape victim sponsorships, rape victim reality shows, rape victim bragging rights?

Why is the burden of proof for proving somebody raped someone so incredibly high, and the burden of proof for proving somebody lied and perjured about being raped so incredibly low?

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Nameless_Steve posted:

Witness testimony counts as evidence. In fact, in our legal system, witness testimony is the largest provider of evidence in pretty much any given conviction.

You have ~30 women all coming forward, each able to prove they were in the same place at the same time with Bill Cosby with factually consistent and detailed stories. That's overwhelming evidence.

Were they all lying, in order to earn the fame and glory that come with being a rape victim? The rape victim sponsorships, rape victim reality shows, rape victim bragging rights?

Why is the burden of proof for proving somebody raped someone so incredibly high, and the burden of proof for proving somebody lied and perjured about being raped so incredibly low?

What he said. If this was one woman, you can play 'innocent until proven guilty'. A few dozen strains credibility much, MUCH harder, especially if you have any idea how traumatic this sort of poo poo is.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Rambling Robot posted:

this gets really insane if you watch it for like 2-3 minutes straight. he just keeps tormenting the poor woman.

yea, its incredibly hot

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nameless_Steve posted:

Not that I disagree, but you must be high as gently caress to have typed that last line out seriously. "How can you be innocent of murder until proven guilty when I am innocent of perjury until proven guilty??"

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.

eternalname posted:

That's the thing though, to me, that's a weak explanation, Hannibal Burress.

According to Patton Oswalt and Roseanne Barr, literally everyone in comedy circles has known about this forever. It was an open secret. And you had cases brought up against Cosby years and years before any of this, and nobody gave a poo poo.

Why did the media never run with any of this before? Why did none of these women come forward? It's all because some random comedian had a 30 second bit about it in one of his sets? How many people off the street would even know who Hannibal Burress was before this happened?

Like others have said, someone came out with these allegations back in 2004 and she either got intimidated or it was settled out of court then Cosby ran off to one of his mansions for a few years to lay low.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Danger Mahoney posted:

Not that I disagree, but you must be high as gently caress to have typed that last line out seriously. "How can you be innocent of murder until proven guilty when I am innocent of perjury until proven guilty??"

That's not what he wrote.

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
You know what's incredibly disturbing about this? If Roseanne and patton oswalt are telling the truth, there was an entire system knowingly overlooking this while bill cosby hosted a children's television show that children participated on as guests. Hollywood as a whole is maybe slightly less disgusting than Joe Paterno.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

eternalname posted:

You know what's incredibly disturbing about this? If Roseanne and patton oswalt are telling the truth, there was an entire system knowingly overlooking this while bill cosby hosted a children's television show that children participated on as guests. Hollywood as a whole is maybe slightly less disgusting than Joe Paterno.

this is like the government spying issue where people said "haha, yeah the government spies on us all the time" before the nsa stuff came out, and after it came out people were all "OH poo poo THE GOVERNMENT DOES SPY ON US." except instead of the govenment violating us its an old black guy with roofies

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Dieting Hippo posted:

this is like the government spying issue where people said "haha, yeah the government spies on us all the time" before the nsa stuff came out, and after it came out people were all "OH poo poo THE GOVERNMENT DOES SPY ON US." except instead of the govenment violating us its an old black guy with roofies

Funnily enough, the spying stuff actually came out several years ago before it recently popped back into our collective short-term memory

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Blazing Ownager posted:

Because one comedian came up with a routine to bash Cosby after finding this out himself, specifically calling out the fact people ignored it, and that poo poo spread like a forest fire.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Rambling Robot posted:

this gets really insane if you watch it for like 2-3 minutes straight. he just keeps tormenting the poor woman.

She's too well kempt for that to be anything but voluntary.

Danger Mahoney posted:

I think there is a lot of mental gymnastics going on for white people who are outraged at Cosby, a black man, but are pretty ambivalent and go on about separating the artist from his work when watching Polanski films.

I too am incapable of separating ideas from the people who created them. This is why I hate democracy, because it was created by pedophiles!

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
tina feys joke about cosby raping people was rly funny at the golden globes and it was even funnier because none of the actors in the crowd laughed and they were just muttering disapprovingly

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Frostwerks posted:

wow stay away form that bike shop lol

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

tina feys joke about cosby raping people was rly funny at the golden globes and it was even funnier because none of the actors in the crowd laughed and they were just muttering disapprovingly
you got a link to that? i dont wanna type "cosby rape tina fey" into google

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dieting Hippo posted:

you got a link to that? i dont wanna type "cosby rape tina fey" into google

http://www.vulture.com/2015/01/see-tina-fey-and-amy-poehlers-cosby-rape-joke.html

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
Does anybody else remember that Family Matters Episode where Carl met America's Dad (who was supposed to be Cosby), and he turned out to be a complete rear end in a top hat who thought he was above the law and Carl arrested him?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Only one laughing was Lena Dunham because she knows how funny it is to rape a girl.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Sorry for the derail, but can provide a name for the person in the photo?

They seem like a very non-threatening black person who tells funny stories.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
So who is the next comedian that everyone knows is raping?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

andy dick

cloven hoof
Mar 17, 2009
So hungry for a pudding pop right now.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
Andy Dick would rape you if he had a place to take you.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fight the power Dr. Huxtable

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Americas Saville

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SeventhSeven posted:

So who is the next comedian that everyone knows is raping?

Not a comedian, but Brian Singer is a notorious statutory rapist and for-real rapist. But he's a white guy with a lot of money so whatcha gonna do.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

david... posted:

Americas Saville

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Danger Mahoney posted:

Not a comedian, but Brian Singer is a notorious statutory rapist and for-real rapist. But he's a white guy with a lot of money so whatcha gonna do.

gis'd him, he looks like you're telling the truth

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Vorik posted:

he was framed by the Illuminati and NWO

God drat that Hulk Hogan. drat him to hell.

Setzer Gabbiani
Oct 13, 2004

Danger Mahoney posted:

The internet would never turn on the gay guy who made the x-men movies people actually enjoy seeing, which is why in less than 24 hours the narrative was that gay people never lie about being raped and/or gay rape is different because male reasons, and the kid also just wanted attention so singer would pay him off

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
if cosby paid me as little (too him) as $100,000 , i'll defend him like crazy on twitter and my tumblr (saqueergenderrobot)

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I wish someone would get me outta this rape culture.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how could a guy who was all about clean comedy, family stuff and against swearing also be a rapist

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

This is killing my CosbyCoin stash

Butthead
May 31, 2011
I find it strange that he is not in jail.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El1Hl6bFdk8

"Every time he tries to go, it feels like his Pudding Pop is on fire!"

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp

eternalname posted:

That's the thing though, to me, that's a weak explanation, Hannibal Burress.

According to Patton Oswalt and Roseanne Barr, literally everyone in comedy circles has known about this forever. It was an open secret. And you had cases brought up against Cosby years and years before any of this, and nobody gave a poo poo.

Why did the media never run with any of this before? Why did none of these women come forward? It's all because some random comedian had a 30 second bit about it in one of his sets? How many people off the street would even know who Hannibal Burress was before this happened?

rape is boring op :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eternalname
Nov 25, 2014

I have a strange feeling...that people are having sex...and it's not with me
I can't take this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnehYRbFWeU

"What do you do to [your brother]?"

"Do your parents tell you not to play too rough with him?"

He's loving thinking about it.

• Locked thread