Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can I buy it even if I don't have a Wii U ????

Get a Wii U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Can I buy it even if I don't have a Wii U ????

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

still hilarous good value for the best games that aren't super metroid*

*i waffle regularly on this point

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Anime Curator posted:

wii u owners are idiots

Fly away vile troll

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I bought this and Dragon Dogma Dark Arisen and I am not sure which to start first. I also have to dig out a sensor bar and some AA batteries so this will actually work.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
One of your choices is a trilogy that includes one of the best games ever made, the other is a fun but forgettable janky anime monster fighting game. Tough choice.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Still in SD with poo poo Wii controls, right?

If so then I'll wait for a real release.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

It's a good game, it's a good deal, it's good all around, why are you still here go get it

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
The wii controls are insanely good actually. I'd still prefer regular controls but this is the one set of games that actually makes good use of the wiimote.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Steve2911 posted:

1. You mean amazing controls, jerk

2. Yeah, downloadable Wii games are literally just downloading the iso and the system boots into Wii mode to play it.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

:qq:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Adam Bowen posted:

The wii controls are insanely good actually. I'd still prefer regular controls but this is the one set of games that actually makes good use of the wiimote.

I have the Wii version (somewhere) and I agree that it's the most bearable use of the thing, along with Galaxy.

Still terrible and I'm still never going to subject myself to the Wiimote again. The trilogy deserves the same treatment Wind Waker got.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Please buy the Trilogy for $10. Alternatively, wait and buy it for $20 so you feel like less of a terrible thief for buying these games at unbelievable prices.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Steve2911 posted:

Still terrible and I'm still never going to subject myself to the Wiimote again. The trilogy deserves the same treatment Wind Waker got.

Hell yeah crazy blinding bloom all over Dark Aether.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

elf help book posted:

If you don't have one, then buy a Wii U, then buy this game.

Eventually I will have a strong enough case for buying a WiiU, but I honestly don't play that many games anymore. Plus I have to get a new laptop, and I keep telling myself I'll build a gaming PC :negative: I will play Prime Trilogy on Wii tonight as penitence.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Neo Rasa posted:

Hell yeah crazy blinding bloom all over Dark Aether.

Nintendo's porting team has vapor for brains.

fake edit: Finally playing the trilogy version of Prime 1. Did they add in Spring Ball for the Wii release or was that always there?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Not on PC, don't care.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Steve2911 posted:

I have the Wii version (somewhere) and I agree that it's the most bearable use of the thing, along with Galaxy.

Lol all the gamers with atrophied limbs can't hold up the Wii remote too long. All the swole gamers can handle this game, no problem :smug:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Lol all the gamers with atrophied limbs can't hold up the Wii remote too long. All the swole gamers can handle this game, no problem :smug:

Or your arms on resting comfortably on the arms of a recliner like an adult.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Genetic Toaster posted:

Nintendo's porting team has vapor for brains.

fake edit: Finally playing the trilogy version of Prime 1. Did they add in Spring Ball for the Wii release or was that always there?

they added it to 1 and 2 for trilogy. spring ball is the best thing ever and that + boost ball means you can travel through the overworlds a LOT faster

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Green Puddin posted:

It's a good game, it's a good deal, it's good all around, why are you still here go get it

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
But I already own the original versions of the games.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Accordion Man posted:

But I already own the original versions of the games.

you sound like the kind of negative nancy that doesnt own all 27 versions of super mario bros

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Metroid Prime 1 was Fan. Tas. Tic. One my most cherished sexual experiences.

Adam Bowen posted:

If you didn't already own Metroid Prime Trilogy then you're as much a gamer as a candy crush playing grandma

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Am I still a candy crush grandma if I owned all three games separately?

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
thanks op... to bad i'm loving gay

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Do the Wii controls add anything to the original 2 or significantly change the experience? I liked the GameCube controls over the Wii controls for the Prime series and own all three games separately, so I'm not sure if I should pick this up or not.

edit: who am I kidding, it's $10 and MP1 is one of the best games ever made. I'd play this poo poo with the original Xbox controller just to see how it feels.

opulent fountain fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Feb 1, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
How can anyone have sincere complaints about the point controls unless they have little baby t rex arms

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Gutcruncher posted:

So can I still sell my disk for like 9 trillion bucks?

Also the Metroid Primes are incredible with remote and nunchuck anyone whining about requiring the standard Wii and Wii u controller to play this game is a dumb babu

Gamestop found a large amount of those and Xenoblade Chronicles and the price has been around $50 for months.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

How can anyone have sincere complaints about the point controls unless they have little baby t rex arms

Yeah, seriously :psyduck:

I really dislike the Wiimote, but it honestly makes way more sense for a shooter like this. Playing a first person shooter with sticks is the worst thing.
(Also, these are the best games. The best.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Metroid Prime is literally one of the greatest game series of all time and you should be ashamed of yourself if you aren't playing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wish I was in a horrible accident that completely erased all my memories so I could play these games for the first time again. And get out of work for a bit.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Looper posted:

Why would I have a lovely "wiimote" peripheral for my nintendo wii-u console?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zombies' Downfall posted:

Why would I have a lovely "wiimote" peripheral for my nintendo wii-u console?

Uh, to play the Metroid Prime Trilogy duh :colbert:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish I was in a horrible accident that completely erased all my memories so I could play these games for the first time again. And get out of work for a bit.

Just smoke a shitload of weed.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
YO okay so people talk poo poo about Metroid Prime Echoes and yeah I GET IT some folks just can't handle the hot action in the dark world when your health gets all drained and poo poo even though it's a legitimately interesting and sensible gameplay mechanic for a Metroid game to adopt.

But okay, the boss battles? In that game? Mad fresh yo. The spider ball tracks? Amazing. The poo poo they do with the Morph Ball is off the goddamn chain in Echoes and the last boss is an intense thrill ride and they basically just stuffed the game full of bosses and there are maybe only three lame bosses in the game and two of them are like the first bosses you meet

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Looper posted:

I didn't have problems with it. I just really like the GameCube controller.

And yeah, Echoes ruled. I think it felt really fresh and was an interesting mix-up over the original.

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Not on PC, don't care.

human being

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Already own this as the disc release for Wii, am too poor to think it's a good idea to get this as a download release too. Have fun with your improved loading times and not needing to put in a disc to play the great game Metroid Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Steve2911 posted:

Hope it's worth the wait, Steve

• Locked thread