Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

n right now.

Is WWE creative smart? Wise? Or even creative? Hardly, but I feel if the next big thing is Damien Sandow. Damien Sandow got big with his imitation of the Miz from August 2014 - onwards. I mean, sure he did other "costume" gimmicks before but I feel the fans have finally come to appreciate Sandow (not Mizdow). He gets the second or third biggest pop (depending on the night) and he also a great wrestler in ring. Damien Sandow (yes, I am using his full name) should finally break away from this stunt double gimmick and finally become its own character. The only problem that I can see that may hurt them in the future is the Miz and I don't care much foro the Miz. If the Rumble taught me anything this past week is that Damien is loved by the fans and dammit, I am one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

yeah

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

teh

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

agreed, op

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who?

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i think Damien Sandow could really benefit from winning Money in the Bank

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Sorry once he breaks up with the miz they're not going to do anything with him and he'll be a midcard semi-comedy wrestler for however many years they decide to continue keeping him on

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Give him a 5 minute match vs an invisible man at WM and watch the crowd go nuts.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Has Reigns had a better singles match than Cena/Sandow?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

orton/reigns is a drat good match

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I liked when he was in the middle of all his various imitations week to week and a script leaked out and Sandow's entire direction was like just like 'Abraham Sandow berates the crowd' or whatever

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
This was pretty much how over Cesaro was when the brass decided to bury him for no reason. Sandow deserves it but I see no reason to expect them to stick the landing because his story has been in that patented 6 month long RAW stasis where the same exact matches are booked week after week and nothing changes

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

TheRationalRedditor posted:

This was pretty much how over Cesaro was when the brass decided to bury him for no reason. Sandow deserves it but I see no reason to expect them to stick the landing because his story has been in that patented 6 month long RAW stasis where the same exact matches are booked week after week and nothing changes

agreed yet saddened.

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Hopefully Sandow gets a chance to make a big splash in a match with Cena

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Sandow should be a main eventer, or rather, any match Sandow is in should be the main event.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Sandow should just be the Kenny Omega of WWE.
Book him against invisible men, dolls and nine year old girls and watch the 5* matches roll in.

Roy Gato III
Jun 2, 2013

Corporate Kane posted:

i think Damien Sandow could really benefit from winning Money in the Bank

U cheeky monkey

twitter and bisted
Aug 26, 2012

I'm a crow and nothing human is avian to me
The undercard is full of talent that deserves a title run. It's why they never should've gotten rid of the WHC.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

twitter and bisted posted:

The undercard is full of talent that deserves a title run. It's why they never should've gotten rid of the WHC.

It's dumb to have a "world championship" around if you're going to give it to undercard/midcard geeks and still book them like geeks. This is why the WHC was lame for the last few years it existed and why I was glad they unified the belts. Now, if they'd book the matches as the #2 match on a PPV at worst and allow it to headline B-shows like the IWGP IC and give a guy like Bryan a long reign since they don't want him in the WWE title picture right now I'd be in favor of it returning.

It's usually too much to expect them to book one belt well though so I know two is far beyond their capabilities.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Feb 1, 2015

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I think Sandow is a solid midcard, even upper midcard. However as a top star I'm not sure. I would want to see a lot more out of him other than a copycat gimmick before I put a title on him.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 14 days!)

What would Damien's character even be if not a stuntman? I mean his "intellectual jackass" character was fun but didn't do much and copycat is one of those "we have nothing for you" gimmicks.

edit: If he's going back to copycat bring back Charlie Haas so they can do tag teams. The Midnight Express is back!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

What would Damien's character even be if not a stuntman? I mean his "intellectual jackass" character was fun but didn't do much and copycat is one of those "we have nothing for you" gimmicks.

edit: If he's going back to copycat bring back Charlie Haas so they can do tag teams. The Midnight Express is back!

He'll be a less flamboyant version of Santino most likely and he'll slide right back down to midcard purgatory

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Just make him Mega Man. If he's facing Ambrose, he shows up looking like a greaseball and suddenly starts doing a bunch of whacky standing elbowdrops and Jawbreakers.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i want a three nights of fright sandow where he enters the ring but you don't know where

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

or how :wicked:

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

twitter and bisted posted:

putting the whc on undercard jobbers is what ruined it in the first place

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

if only there were some way, somehow, to make somebody not an undercarder or a jobber...... but how?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shima Honnou posted:

if only there were some way, somehow, to make somebody not an undercarder or a jobber...... but how?

work for a different company

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

work for a different company

would mark for damian luchadow

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Damien Okadow

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

This is not untrue but with part timer Bork holding the main (and only) big strap it'd be nice to have somebody with something else to give a poo poo about. Hell, Lesnar doesn't even follow the 'defend every 30 days' rule. Yes they ignore such rules whenever they feel like, I know.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Sandow is going to be dead in the water as soon as this gimmick is over.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

They had Sandow looking like the world's biggest loser for over a year, then he turned it into this. I'm inclined to think he'll be okay through nothing but force of will.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Honestly, he was never really that big of a loser, neither was Heath Slater. They were losing as comedic characters, sure, but they were on TV and they got to be characters, got to talk, etc. Same as Santino, really. They were all over. There's other ways to be over than just being badasses who win matches.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sandow should stay the course of being entertaining on TV for ten minutes each week because he's very good at it

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Perry Normal posted:

Damien Okadow

Might as well challenge Sandow's skills the whole way, so I propose Damsuke Nakadow. Though he'd probably blow out his back trying to do Shinsuke's ring intro pose.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I'm glad that he gets to be funny on TV and work really light. He should keep doing that for as long as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Rythian posted:

Honestly, he was never really that big of a loser, neither was Heath Slater. They were losing as comedic characters, sure, but they were on TV and they got to be characters, got to talk, etc. Same as Santino, really. They were all over. There's other ways to be over than just being badasses who win matches.

Between cashing in the briefcase and showing up in random costumes was a long stretch of Sandow almost never being on TV.

• Locked thread