Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

When the Moonites came to Beantown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i remember that. it was funny.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky3SAGgaHCY

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
the press conference they did because of this was pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkTNJ7BM9I

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
The innocent shall suffer, big time.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We will flip them the bird

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I am not sure about what you are saying fry man.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

You have deeply offended us and our god. And our god is a god of vengeance, and horror.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The funniest thing about it was it demonstrated how loving paranoid people were (are?) that long after 9/11

Wires, lights, and a battery? Must be a bomb!

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
Using a key to gouge expletives on another's vehicle is a sign of trust and friendship.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

They should have gotten a Carl impersonator to do the press conference without breaking character.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

this is a bong:

and THIS is how you hit it:

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

shame the ATHF movie sucked so loving bad

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
They should release the Boston episode.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Vorik posted:

The dvd came with a second ATHF movie made up of nothing but deleted scenes that I think was longer than the original somehow.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE

Vorik posted:

I didn't think it being better was an option.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
I wanted one of these really bad they were selling for like $900 on eBay. They're probably not worth a lot now but give it like another 50 years and take it on Antiques Roadshow and tell a charming story about how it made a city poo poo its pants and some of them were destroyed in a "controlled detonation" by the bomb squad.

Est. value at auction: $950

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
What was better when 3 other cites just had someone walk up, inspect the lightbright device, take out the batteries, and then relentless mock Boston for their hilarious overreaction.

proof of concept posted:

the press conference they did because of this was pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkTNJ7BM9I

It was perfect when those guys just talked about hair and some of the local journalists started getting really angry about it.

quote:

Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley said the device "had a very sinister appearance. It had a battery behind it, and wires

A entire city lost its mind because a lite-bright had exposed wires and some D cell batteries.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jan 31, 2015

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Vorik posted:

Yeah the best bit was the Mastadon short at the beginning. Lost my poo poo in the theater and the rest was a let down.

12 minutes is the perfect length for thay kind of stream of consciousness stoner humor, 90 minutes of trying to keep to a semblance of narrative structure breaks athf.

ProPaynis
Apr 3, 2014
at the beginning of the movie they said they had your money and didn't care. kinda your fault for having expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004

Neptr posted:

I wanted one of these really bad they were selling for like $900 on eBay. They're probably not worth a lot now but give it like another 50 years and take it on Antiques Roadshow and tell a charming story about how it made a city poo poo its pants and some of them were destroyed in a "controlled detonation" by the bomb squad.

Est. value at auction: $950

:laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZSkIx2Yss

• Locked thread