Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This game actually turned out much better than I thought it would, I must admit, and even takes on certain subjects that most Western devs don't when talking about WW2.

Also, OP, that pic you use when talking about Potentials has a MASSIVE HUGE spoiler in it- can we talk about storyline stuff, if that's the case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Poil posted:

Based on the conversations so far, the jews built a nuke in the past.

Now I want a VC/Wolfenstein crossover.

I'd settle for anime Blazko though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I personally find Evade boosts not really worth it compared to defense ones, unless I'm going for a Scout rush A-Rank, in which case Alica has to hump it across the whole goddamn map while everyone stays at home.

I always leave at least 1 AP for Jane, though- maps don't feel right unless she's killed at least 1 Imp :allears:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Anatharon posted:

But does anyone really want to see Valkyria Chronicles 2 again? :v:

I haven't played VC2 (I'm a PC guy), and I heard it's terribly anime in the 'terrible anime' sense, but I'd buy it if it would mean getting VC3, which sounds absolutely kickass.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I have to admit, I don't really 'feel' this DLC. For crying out loud, Johann's a drat concentration camp guard, you expect me to feel sorry for him? Quite frankly, the only reason you should play these missions is to have a Ruhm to give Jane.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

David Corbett posted:

Yeah. Between Isara and Selvaria, I was planning on making an effort post about how the game is, frankly, really unfair to women and seems fond of simply having them killed just to establish points about other characters or about the world - sort of as though they lack a certain measure of the importance and agency given to the male characters. There are also some game-mechanics disadvantages for female assaults - seemingly for no good reason.

I'll grant you the storyline bits, but I'd argue on the mechanics, especially with respect to female shocktroopers, as Wendy, Jane and Lynn are the mainstays of any good army. In fact, I'd argue that the female bit characters are much more interesting then the male ones (with the exception of Jann :syoon:).

Nihilarian posted:

Yeah this whole "sympathy for the enemy" thing would work a lot better if the enemies weren't literally Nazis under the command of a bulletproof demigoddess.

I don't mind the bulletproof part, that's okay. It's the 'literally Nazis' that really gets me. If they'd shown some kind of resistance movement like the Widerstand or July 20 Plot, I'd be be able to give them some leeway. But instead we get a cliched anime love story between a concentration camp guard and Mahou Tenshi Eva Braun.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Cake Attack posted:

alicia is the best scout, Jane the best shocktrooper, audrey the best lancer, marina the best sniper and no one uses engineers

Corrected it for you :colbert: How the hell do you guys beat "DIE! DIE! DIE" as a battlecry, or "Get ready to die, Imps!" as an acknowledgement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

EponymousMrYar posted:

Gallia's greatest weakness is it's size compared to the Federation and Empire, as well as having a good source of what they want (Ragnite.) Rather than do the smart thing and bring overwhelming force to bear, he instead brings a smaller force bolstered by Selvaria and his prototype Valkyria project, to a place where there's an extremely high probability that there are going to be more Valkyria and that they'd be pretty mad at him for invading them.

As Tae said though, Max is not really favoured in the Empire. He's still of royal blood, so he gets his own troops, but the Empire's real hordes are meant for the Federation. Hell, the only reason Selvaria's with him is because she loved him, and I don't think there's much that could stop a Valkyria once she sets her mind to something.

• Locked thread