Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Mr. Highway posted:

I really enjoyed this game. I bought it on a lark and ended up being really immersed in it. Even though this is one of the games were playing it the way it wants you to is apparently the incorrect way. I would plot out missions, carefully plan so that none of my characters were put in harm's way, make sure that my defenses were solid, and end up getting a horrible score. Still, despite that and some of the frustration of later missions, I still enjoyed this game.

I absolutely love this game, but the grading system is what really did annoy me about quite a bit. Like you, I would prefer to play this properly tactically, but instead you are encouraged to simply rush in and do as much as you can as quickly as possible--as far as I am aware the rating that you get is ONLY based on how many turns you took and absolutely nothing else. This becomes even sillier on NG+ with Alicia where because of that character's overpowered potentials they are able to win half the maps just on their own without any other characters even being used. The other half are maps which have more specific victory conditions, such as the "infamous" one where this isn't possible for that very reason.

I just wish that the second two games were not on PSP, because it severely limits their maps as they are all built from a few different layouts that repeat (instead of them being all unique like in the PS3 game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Monkey Fracas posted:

-a tank scoring a direct hit on one of my hapless shocktroopers with an anti-armor shell from like halfway across the map

Well at least the game is fair--you can certainly do this too and it's well worth save scumming doing so on one of the upcoming maps!

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Apepresident posted:

Yep, it's suppossed to be a flashback. The scene with Alicia sleeping in a blue light was first shown when Welkin read through Faldios diary.
The problem is that you unlock this mission only after Faldios report however the enemies are on a lower level for some reason.

Speaking of flashbacks, actually every report is supposed to be a flashback. Rosies report took place directly after Fouzen, Welkins directly after Naggiar and the others also directly after some other big event.
It would've made more sense to unlock those missions after each event but somehow SEGA thought otherwise.

Even when I originally played this game on PS3 it made no sense. You go a long time without any new reports and then suddenly like 3 of them are unlocked at the same time, referring to long-past events. Don't know why they did it like that, but it really kind of disrupts the flow of the story.

Only slightly related, I always thought that it's pretty funny that the "beach episode" report costs like 10x as much as any other to unlock! :v:

• Locked thread