Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
audiognome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
the site displays the text "TRAP SPRUNG" when you click in a torrent download doesnt it

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
Nice, so, uh, OP, whats the name, of the homosexual you had sex with -- whats his name?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

IronClaymore posted:

If there's anything leftist, activist, or about social justice in there then they move forward with it.

tbh I would support this 100%

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

thathonkey posted:

just curious those of you who have gotten a cease & desist does that go on your record in some sort of way or is it just like a fire and forget deterrent?

I've gotten a few such letters over the years from Charter for some specific torrent when I forgot to turn on Peerblock, but because I rarely forget, these incidents have always been separated from one another by a year or more. And it's like Charter just forgot during the interval. I'm guessing a person needs to keep getting dinged repeatedly over a short period of time before the ISP will do anything about it.

Afterall, your ISP's motivation in this scenario isn't very high. They're essentially just passing along someone else's legal complaint. If the ISP is forced to take real action, they just end up losing (your) money.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

i care

my happiness in life comes from knowing a torrent site is there, like a parent you can always come running to if you're in trouble, to provide computer stuff that you can use on your computer and other devices and tvs and poo poo, for free

even if i don't download anything, i want to know it's there and online, like a fish in an aquarium that needs a hiding spot... it may not spend any time in the hiding spot, but as long as it knows the hiding spot is there, it can relax and swim proudly right in front of faces watching it

if it goes offline again only sadness, anxiety, and depression can result

i better make sure i have some meds ready in case that happens! :(

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

comcast should force a goto meeting session on infringing customers and supervise the deletion of the offending file and the emptying of the recycle bin

Comcast already does this, but they make the offenders delete all of their family photos and set their desktop background to goatse.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BKPR posted:

until there's some magic way to watch bob's burgers online the pirate bay will have a place in my heart.

primewire

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I thought only up loaders got hammered & that downloaders were left alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005

ninotoreS posted:

I've gotten a few such letters over the years from Charter for some specific torrent when I forgot to turn on Peerblock, but because I rarely forget, these incidents have always been separated from one another by a year or more. And it's like Charter just forgot during the interval. I'm guessing a person needs to keep getting dinged repeatedly over a short period of time before the ISP will do anything about it.

Afterall, your ISP's motivation in this scenario isn't very high. They're essentially just passing along someone else's legal complaint. If the ISP is forced to take real action, they just end up losing (your) money.

I got five of them all at once when i forgot to use peerblock. Nothing ever happened.

• Locked thread