Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

precision posted:

It's basically My So-Called Donnie Peaks, you'll like it.

Also is "kek" really a thing anyone types? Oh great, it's a WoW reference. I like the game 1% less for knowing that. :mad:

I know a lot of people who don't play wow but post on places like 4/8chan/reddit and exclusively type kek instead of lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Ekusukariba posted:

Its annoying since most of the people bashing the game have obviously never played it and are just complaining for the sake of complaining, like calling it a social justice game

I actually found out about the game through a couple people I play tabletop games with that get most of their news through places like 8chan. Even before the game came out there was a lot of "I bet anyone who dislikes this game will be labeled a misogynists by SJWs," and once it was released the first question I got asked after I mentioned that I played it was "is it mostly full of SJW poo poo?"

Also to answer your question: Chloe's parents' room on the window sill

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Nckdictator posted:

Any clues on what's making Kate so sad ? (Besides her general unpopularity)

In the first scene, read the paper that gets thrown at her

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So here's something from Episode 1 that's super important in Episode 4. Don't click unless you've seen the ending of 4 Link

I need that version of :stare: that keeps growing bigger.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I feel like the storm allows for max to find out about jefferson's bullshit, however it will result in chloe having to die.

It's getting very butterfly effect in that nothing Max does prevents chloe from dying. All she does is delay the inevitable. Chloe is fated to die and there is nothing she can do to stop it (to my dismay)

Likely, ending of the game will be confronting jefferson, and realizing that she can prevent all these girls from being injured in the future from this predator, or she can save chloe forever, week after week until she goes insane.

On a different topic, that trailer was a troll.

Ugh, Going to be really unhappy if there at least isn't a best ending where it's possible to save Chloe. Butterfly effect-esque no matter how much you try and change the past you can't save this person style poo poo is probably the most overdone time travel trope.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

You shouldn't feel that sorry for Nathan. He's clearly mentally ill and has been antagonized by his father, but he's still totally complicit in drugging, raping, and covering up the murders of various female students at Blackwell Academy, using his money and privilege to grant cover for Jefferson and let him have his own personal hell dungeon. That's hosed up any way you slice it.

My guess really is that he was complicit until it went as far as murder, which is probably when he started getting more unhinged. As far as having the gun too, I think he's trying to be all "bark but no bite" about it.

pog boyfriend posted:

im pretty sure he didnt make that actually. im pretty sure that was just mr jeffersons and his dad forced him to tag along for some reason.

Yeah, I agree. The whole place is just far too clean and organized looking for being something that the current Nathan's been doing.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jul 28, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rosalind posted:

We saw him shoot someone in literally the first ten minutes of the first episode. How is that all bark and no bite?

Well, I did say "trying" because he's still really high strung and unhinged, but the shot also happened as he was falling back from Chloe shoving him away.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
[quote="Macaluso" post="448282416"]
My one complaint is that the Frank scene in this episode was kind of a pain in the rear end to get the resolution to it I wanted. It wouldn't be so bad if the scene skipping skipped from choice to choice instead of forcing you to skip periodically throughout the conversation. So there was a lot of trial and error that took too long. I do hope it pays off though and Frank helps save either Max or Max and Chloe, and avenge Rachel

I guess I got lucky with this scene because I got the nonviolent result without needing to rewind, and didn't realize how bad it could have gone until seeing the ending choices.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wiseblood posted:

Something I recently realized, this note that was assumed to be from Nathan's dad when you find it is clearly from Mr. Jefferson..

The fact that it's hand written and not some impersonal business style letter probably should have been a giveaway that I didn't notice until now.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

Never, I'm going to the movies with him.

Yeah, I accepted his Go Ape invitation in my game. Going to the drive-in to watch lovely movies is something I really enjoyed doing while in high school.

SirSamVimes posted:

I sided with Chloe because I felt that Joyce deserved to know everything. I don't know if I made the right decision, but I stand by it.

Yeah, I don't think David deserved to be let off the hook on that so I sided with Chloe, but I really hope I at least get some change to encourage them to try working poo poo out instead of just kicking out David together. Considering just how hosed up we're finding out that poo poo is around Blackwell, it's a lot easier to understand David's paranoia.

Hell, regarding David's surveillance Is it really any worse than all the snooping and manipulation Max ends up doing with her powers?

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jul 30, 2015

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Roman Reigns posted:

We've come a long way from the start of the game with Max listening to some indie music and strolling down the school hallway.

Really looking forward to doing a full replay once the last ep is being released to be able to experience that tonal shift all at once, although I'll probably still stick with most of my past decisions. Really only one choice that I'm kind of wavering back and forth on.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

monster on a stick posted:

Someone on reddit figured out that the stills on the projector are from the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, about an insane hypnotist who uses another man to commit murders.

I thought it looked pretty familiar to that, but assumed it was just something along that general style rather than actual stills from the movie.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Anyone else getting some horizontal syncing issues with the bottom 4th of the screen?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Was really good up until the final point, but, REALLY unsatisfied with the ending. That alone probably knocks it down to a 4/5 for me.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Re: Ending Kind of hope that it gets discovered that there is some sort of third option if you make all the "right" choices or something. Like I get that there is thematic consistency or whatever to the options given, but basically it ends up 1) Either all of the actions you made throughout the game are meaningless because you ultimately go back to do nothing, or 2) Almost all of the actions you made throughout the game are meaningless because pretty much everyone except Chloe is probably dead. In either case it invalidates the vast majority of the choices through the rest of the game.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
I think I'd be a bit more okay with the ending if Victoria was shown at the funeral alongside the others (or closer to Max if she was one of the background characters who never had screen focus in that. She had a lot of screen time and development through the game, and was maybe the only character who was actually concerned about Nathan, but in both endings is basically ignored.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Accordion Man posted:

I like how DONTNOD set up a noticeable amount of evidence that the storm was completely unrelated to Chloe's death (Max's vision in the very beginning of the game before she got her powers, the Prescotts knowing about it, etc.) and then they just threw that all way. Like its so obvious that the nightmare sequences was leading up something like the malevolent entity controlling the storm trying to demoralize Max and break her so she couldn't stop it and Rachel would help her overcome it. But lol nope. Not to mention that it just neglects its supporting cast, which really helped make that game. Nathan never got the help he needed, Victoria lost all of her development and Kate as well, etc.)

What I was actually expecting was Finding out that Rachel was the first time traveler and the cause of the storm, and Max would be the one to fix her mistakes.

• Locked thread