Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah the high school cliche poo poo is laid on a little bit really really thick, along with the witty current events commentary and stuff. I might just be a bitter old man though

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Feb 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Kibayasu posted:

Trolling success on page 1.

:patriot:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Games have really got to stop claiming they're going to "revolutionize" a genre. That annoys me far more than it should.

But then you'd lose your claim to being Most Indie

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Okay I finished it, and of the suggestions posted I think Rachel had time travel powers and The English teacher is a serial killer are the most likely endings here

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Rush_shirt posted:

Unfortunately, this game has unfairly attracted the ire of various unsavory internet types. I would suggest staying clear of communities like Reddit or the Steam forums and discussing the game on its own merits. :)

No, I would suggest diving into the depths of Reddit to mock fat neckbearded autists as per the whole point of the SA forums

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Maleficent posted:

sa is largely inhabited by the same types of people as indicated by the last like year of funnyforum pilgrimage and all non-whitenoise discussion (see also: anything related to minorities) being banned from pretty much every subforum

:yikes:

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Yeah no it's pretty blindingly obvious he's supposed to be a well meaning if not all that bright guy just doing what he can to protect his family. I agree it's lovely but I'm talking about the writers' intentions. He clearly knows enough about the Twin Peaks stuff but not enough to understand it

It also makes me think they're going to go in that direction with everyone else including the jocks and Victoria, what with how heavily stereotyped the rest of the high school is along with the dad. The choices like writing on the RV window and such will probably affect the final outcome by shaming you for being an rear end in a top hat as it reveals everyone else was just acting with the best intentions the whole time

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 3, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

He sounded vaguely Hispanic to me

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

The characters feel fake not because those stereotypes aren't real things but because nobody is 100% stereotype, which these characters are

Poizen Jam posted:

The character models had a distinctly 'anime' feel to me. I don't know how to put my finger on it, because there's definitely a realism bend to it in the promo shots. Maybe it's because she was playing on low graphical settings?

I think it's just because the models have a vaguely CGI feel to them. Unless you think Team Fortress 2 looks like anime no it doesn't really look like anime specifically, it does like slightly cartoonish though. Maybe you're using 'anime' to refer to anything cartoon-looking, I don't know

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 5, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, but it's a cast of teenagers. Teenagers sound really dumb. Like, on the one hand, the characters sound like annoying dumbasses who are trying to sound cool. On the other hand, teenagers ARE annoying dumbasses who are trying to sound cool. I mean, you basically have two options. You either go Buffy, where everybody is a constantly witty pop culture fountain with impeccable hair, or you go the direction Life is Strange went, where teenagers are awkward human beings who don't know how to act like fully formed people yet. I can guarantee that none of the characters in this game are any more cringeworthy than I was, based on the memories of poo poo I did as a kid that make my grit my teeth when I'm trying to sleep.

Real life teenagers don't generally conform 100% to television stereotypes, so that excuse doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I mean I guess they could, theoretically; the stereotypes aren't inaccurate in that sense. But do you really not see how this is a special case of 'realistic teenagers', when they seem to be lifted straight out of a Disney Channel teen sitcom?

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 9, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Blister posted:

You people are forgetting how influenced by pop culture and incredibly annoying you all were in high school.

edit: I've refreshed this page 4 times and each time icantfindaname has edited his reply in about 2 minutes, jesus calm down grandma

:tipshat:

Blister posted:

Please stop watching the disney channel, you're an adult

So then I should not play this game either, since it's apparently written for 13 year olds?

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm really not even sure what you're trying to say here. Is the problem that they're not realistic? Too realistic? Too fake? Not fake enough? I mean, it's a video game. It's a work of fiction created by a person. That person made the artistic choice to have the teenaged characters in his game sound like dumb teenagers who are trying to figure out who they are.

The game feels like a tween sitcom. I don't care if that's realistic or not realistic, I don't like it

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

D_W posted:

I think a lot of the hate that Warren gets is projecting from male players who maybe see little bit of their teen selves in him. He's certainly written well enough that I recognize people in my life that remind me of him.

Still gently caress that guy. He probably does lovely Pokemon LPs that get 20 views and posts on r/gaming. What a loser that guy. Pfft.

Projection and self-hatred are like what this forum is built on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

so this game turned out to be bad, correct?

• Locked thread