Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I played episode 1 yesterday and loved it. If Deadly Premonition is Twin Peaks: The Game from Cooper's perspective this is it from, say, Donna's perspective. But with super powers. Chloe's dad is sinister as gently caress but I bet he turns out to actually be trying to protect the town from something totally evil. Also I'm making it my mission to dick Victoria over as much as possible. What's the deal with Kate? The journal makes out like they're really good friends but their interactions in the game feel awkward as hell, like they don't really know each other.

Though holy crap is the lip syncing bad in this. It's like... Original half life bad at times. It really lets the decent acting and reasonably good writing down.

I want to play episode 1 again already cos, unlike Telltale games, I feel like I've missed a tonne of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I've never once helped Alyssa straight away, because it's always super obvious that she's going to get hit and it's hilarious. I always rewind and save her afterwards, though.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

SelenicMartian posted:

Despite the differences in opinions I think we can all appreciate the absence of a poorly implemented trial and error dangerous driving section.

As soon as Max got in the car I was prepared for a really bad QTE-ish driving section where I'd have to rewind every few seconds to avoid an obstacle that there was no way to have noticed first time. Was really pleased when it was just a brief cutscene instead.

• Locked thread